So who do you think will start on defense?

bbhusker

The most interesting battles to me will be in the line and Linebacking corp. I think alot of it will be determined by the philosophy of the coaches in who fits where. I wouldn't be surprised to see some young guys stepping in there. Id love to think Baker could be on the d line for four years...think of the possibilities

I beleive that our team will be somewhat tainted, the last staff really didnt do s#!t, and i think it will not let them reach full potential. The attitude of these players better change quickly and for the best. I wanna see a fast, hard-hitting, physical playing linebacker core like va tech had this past season. I wanna see secondary that put themselves in postion and risk life and limb for the pick or knockdown, i wanna see an interior d line that can actually penetrate once in a while, I hope we use both steinkuhler brothers on the d line plus suh and I dont know who i want for the other d end yet. On offense we just need Ganz to improve his int ratio( and yes ganz is the starter), and a receiving corps that steps it up even after all it has lost

I look for the D-line to have the same starters but very much improved and possibly Baker getting some playing time. Linebackers, Lawrence-Dillard-Culbert. Safeties probably Thenarse and Asante. Corners is my biggest unknown, Blue and Whitmore maybe? Not sure who WILL be the starters but looking for a totally different defense even though most of these players played last year. Some may not agree but I think we have the talent to have a top 30 defense or even better. Bo's schemes will make up for most of what was wrong last year and you know effort won't be a problem, if someone doesn't give max effort they won't play.

Agreed, these players don't even know what a BLACKSHIRT means let alone got to wear them last year. Even in the glory days only the elite players received one, just because someone started didn't mean they automatically got a Blackshirt.

I think that the attitude will be there, remember these players voluntarily gave up their blackshirts last year instead of staining them with bad performances. The recent press I have read has a lot of the players excited and voluntarily spending a lot of time with the coaches to learn the scheme so they can hit Spring Practice running. I think there is talent there also, especially in the defensive backfield. If the young core in the back can gel early and cover the passing game effectively in man coverage that will allow Bo to bring a Safety up in Blitz/run coverage as he is apt to do. I know that is a big if, but I think that the talent is there though inexperienced. I don't think a top 30 defense is out of the realm of possibilities.