cosgrove to minnesota?

redpimpin'

Being a Husker fan stranded in MN, nothing would brighten my day more than seeing Cos brought in as the Goph's DC. I can't stand listening to the media and fans up here talk about such a pathetic team and conference, and having Cosgrove on the sidelines would ensure that the U is out of the Big 10 race before the season even begins. I really hope this happens!

Well, the Gophers did finish dead-last (119th) in defense last year. If this hiring were to happen, they'd be getting the guy in charge of the 112th-ranked D, so I guess this could qualify as an improvement for them. :lol:

what was the NU defense ranked in:

2006? -- 56th how many D players were drafted?

2005? -- 26th

2004? -- 56th

hmm... they went from 56 to 112 in one year with virtually the same coaches.

Believe it or not, hiring cosgrove (IF it happens) is probably a plus for the goofers. Obviously THEY think so.

but opinions vary.

GO BO!!

Being a Husker fan stranded in MN, nothing would brighten my day more than seeing Cos brought in as the Goph's DC. I can't stand listening to the media and fans up here talk about such a pathetic team and conference, and having Cosgrove on the sidelines would ensure that the U is out of the Big 10 race before the season even begins. I really hope this happens!

I am with you brother!!! This will be the demise of Brewster if he hires him on his staff. Their defense has sucked for the last 4 or more years and this is taking a step backward. The people up here think the Gophers are going to be great since they brought in some good recruits and Brewster is the next coming of Christ. He was 1-11 last year after being a rah-rah guy withe media saying they are going to be Big 10 champs and going to Rose Bowls. This will never happen with Coz on staff.

Where are you located Bethel.....do you go to Sensors in Bloomington???

I am with you brother!!! This will be the demise of Brewster if he hires him on his staff. Their defense has sucked for the last 4 or more years and this is taking a step backward. The people up here think the Gophers are going to be great since they brought in some good recruits and Brewster is the next coming of Christ. He was 1-11 last year after being a rah-rah guy withe media saying they are going to be Big 10 champs and going to Rose Bowls. This will never happen with Coz on staff.

Where are you located Bethel.....do you go to Sensors in Bloomington???

I go to sensers in rosedale

How he ever gets another job in football astounds me. There is no way I would touch him with a 10 ft pole.

Coz and the Minnesota head coach worked together on the Illinois staff together back in the 80's. That's how Cosgrove can and will continue to get work in college football. It's not what you know, (in Cosgrove's case, not much, except out to tear down a powerhouse program in 4 years) it's who you know.