LB Mike Marry

Player: Mike Marry

Hometown: Largo, FL

Position: LB

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 205 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arkansas, Duke, Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Carolina, South Florida, Stanford, UCF, West Virginia

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report: stargold.gif

Assessing the talent:

As a junior, Marry was named First team All-County, and was also an All-state honorable mention after recording an amazing 152 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovered. As a sophomore Marry recorded 76 tackles playing at 6’2-162 pounds, but has since put on 50 pounds and was an improved player.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%. Will be tough to get this guy out of the SEC.

533307.jpg

• 2 months later...

Latest from Husker Journal. We will compete against Florida but I don't think he sounds too excited with the FL schools...I would like to see us get after this guy...likes to play in blitz packages and seems to have future Blackshirt potential. Has offers now from Nebraska, Arkansas, Boston College, Iowa, Kentucky, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Purdue, Florida, South Florida, Stanford, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Florida St., Central Florida and Duke. USC in the article below is apparently South Carolina and not Southern Cal.

JUNE 22, 2008. PREP STAR

MIKE MARRY, LB, 6-3, 210, 4.6, LARGO, FLORIDA

Mike has offers from USC, Nebraska, Florida, Stanford, Arkansas, Florida State, Stanford and others.

“I might visit USC.” Said Marry, “I like the coaching staff there. I get a lot of letters from them just asking how everything is going. USC said I could play early but could not guarantee it.”

“I will try to visit Nebraska this fall.” he said, “They send me letters. I do like how Nebraska runs the program. I like Bo Pelini. My coach use to go to Nebraska (as a student).”

“I like to play linebacker where I move around a lot. Use in blitz packages. All the schools recruiting me use the linebackers the same way. I don’t have a favorite school right now. I will narrow it down soon.” said Marry

“I didn’t make it to any Junior Day’s this year. I might go to Florida and Central Florida summer camps.” he said.

“I’ve been to Florida before.” said Marry, “I saw the Florida and Florida State game last year. I like the coaching staff at Florida, how they treat their players, take care of them.”

“I like everything there is at Florida. Gainesville is only a couple hours away. Florida coaches said I could play early too.” he said

“I don’t know too much about Florida State. I haven’t heard much from them lately.”

• 5 months later...

I presume Nebraska is no longer interested as no mention in this Scout article:

Who is coming after the Tampa Bay resident the hardest?

"I would say Stanford, Duke, Iowa State, and Ole Miss. Those four are pretty much the same."

What stands out about Iowa State?

"I just liked the coaches and environment when I visited. I liked everything about it. I really liked Coaches Chizik and Cullan. Coach Chizik called me after he took the Auburn job. He said he still wants me."