Spring Practice!

Spring practice is such a tease though. It's wonderful to be able to talk about and observe tangible football play again, but when it ends on April 19th all it does is make you more anxious to get to the regular season.

It's like giving a single drop of water to a man dying of thirst- it's just cruel.

It will be of particular interest to see who seems to be establishing themselves as starters at LB, WR, and in the secondary.

It's a crying shame that Dr. Tom put a halt to any "Spring game played at night" talk. Man I would have loved that- yeah it goes against the drug free pledge and family atmosphere of the typical spring game, but still. It would have created a grand illusion of an actual game for die hard fans like myself, plus it would have opened up a lot of new pre-game (party) options.

Yeah, it's going to be nice to hear about the practices again.

From what I understand Bo's practices will be more media friendly than Callahan's were and we got daily practice reports from Callahan and Co last year so I don't think we'll have any trouble finding out how things are going!

Spring practice is such a tease though. It's wonderful to be able to talk about and observe tangible football play again, but when it ends on April 19th all it does is make you more anxious to get to the regular season.

It's like giving a single drop of water to a man dying of thirst- it's just cruel.

True, but it means we're that much closer to the season starting. :clap

Gonna be tough hearing reports though since Pelini is closing off practices to the media and public. :dunno

I just flew over and circled the practice field in my Cessna for the last hour and got a good look at what was going on down there:

Looks like the offensive linemen are hitting the blocking sled hard. I've never seen guys hit a sled so hard...flew in a little lower and noticed Callahan's face was painted on the blocking dummies. That explains a lot.

The backs and ends are doing some sort of strength and conditioning drill that looks like it involves tearing a 2007 playbook in half. Looks like they need some work though as it appears that only about half of the guys have the strength to lift the thing....

Over on the defense...the linemen are getting into their stances and, at the snap of the ball, Pelini is running into them with an old GMC pickup at around 20 mph. I'm betting the first guy to stop the truck will be playing some NT. One guy who didn't stop the truck fell down and looked like he was injured and after a couple of minutes Pelini ran over, slapped him, called him a baby and gave him a bus ticket to Boulder. I swear I heard the theme song from Patton while that was going on...

The Linebackers are all involved with some sort of drill that involves buring Cos in effigy...the groundskeepers are kind of pissed about the burn marks on their turf...

The DB's are off to the side kicking each other in the crotch. Whenever one of them goes down, the rest of them hit him with what appears to be 2x4's until he gets back up....

Uh oh...I think I see Carl taking aim at me with a Stinger missle...I guess they were serious about that "closing off practices" stuff....Scotty! Evasive Action!