Glenn Moving to LB

I'm sure we will all be hearing more about this story ..

http://journalstar.com/articles/2008/04/02...46477870487.txt

Glenn could be moving to linebacker

BY BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Wednesday, Apr 02, 2008 - 12:50:56 am CDT

After three years playing running back, Cody Glenn appears poised for a move to linebacker.

Glenn approached the coaching staff about a possible position change on Saturday, and on Monday spent 30 minutes addressing a potential move in a phone call with his high school coach.

“He called basically looking for a sounding board on some ideas,” said Wayne Mahaffey, who coached Glenn in high school in Rusk, Texas. “We talked about it for a while and I said it’s a decision he’s going to have to make, something he’s going to have to be content with what he wants to do.”

More at the link ..

I don't think it would be a bad move for him. I think he realizes the RB corp is stacked right now with Lucky, Castille, etc. Not too mention he's a big guy with some speed. Plus his experience at reading what the linebackers are going to do could help him, as a LB, read the RB's eyes to see what their move is going to be. Could be interesting.

I am intrigued by the idea, but I just wish he was a junior rather than a senior. It might take him half the season to really learn the position and stop making basic mistakes that a more seasoned linebacker wouldn't make. It is kind of like putting a square peg into a round hole...

If he's going to make the switch, it's good he's deciding to do it now. He enters the position on as level a playing field as he's ever going to see. I don't know how much teaching goes into fundamentals at the linebacking position, but with everyone starting from scratch with the new system, it'll give him a better opportunity to see the field this season, and God knows we could use the depth. Let's just hope that in his case athleticism is athleticism, and he can contribute to the corps in a meaningful way, given the aforementioned log jam at running back.

Glenn is a team player and I hope he totally blows up at linebacker. I would love to see that kid bring the wood. He loves contact, so he already has that going for him.

Maybe we'll get to see what he can do at the spring game? Man I can't wait until April 19th so that I can pretend that it's football season again.

Yeah I really think this reeks of shenanigans.

I suppose it could be, but it's in the Journal Star, you'd think it was legit. Really with the running back position so packed like it is and how little playing time Glenn has had in his career, it makes sense to me.

HI also has a story about our running backs and it doesn't talk a whole lot about the switch but mentions thats what they are hearing is coming out of camp right now...

I would say this is 100% legit. This is a realistic switch... if it was like Lucky switching to defense it would be suspicious, but its our 4th string RB.