Is Ganz a crybaby..or what?

yes he should have given Ganz an opportunity because we were getting crushd. To be fair and honest i guess i say one is better than the other based on the NFL which really isnt fair. Keller has a decent shot at getting drafted while i dont believe Ganz has any chance.

As for the INT's I do realize that when in pass mode you are prone to more picks, what i dont concede is his int numbers are inflated. 7 picks in 3 games is a bad number but i will take 3 off for the pass happy mode. 4 in 3 games is acceptable, i guess a better point i am trying to make is that all of the should have been int's are very concerning. He had way more balls that should have been picked than the avg QB even QB's in pass happy mode. It scares me a lot, bad arm strength and poor decisions lead to bad mistakes and Ganz possesses both qualities.

as a change of subject cuz im bored

would you take

Reesing or Ganz - me Reesing

Daniels or Ganz - Daniels

Freeman or Ganz - Freeman

Hawkins or Ganz- tie

Iowa st or Ganz - Ganz

Robinson or Ganz - Robinson

Bradford or Ganz - Bradford

McCoy or Ganz - McCoy

McGee or Ganz - McGee

Baylor or Ganz - Ganz

yes he should have given Ganz an opportunity because we were getting crushd. To be fair and honest i guess i say one is better than the other based on the NFL which really isnt fair. Keller has a decent shot at getting drafted while i dont believe Ganz has any chance.

As for the INT's I do realize that when in pass mode you are prone to more picks, what i dont concede is his int numbers are inflated. 7 picks in 3 games is a bad number but i will take 3 off for the pass happy mode. 4 in 3 games is acceptable, i guess a better point i am trying to make is that all of the should have been int's are very concerning. He had way more balls that should have been picked than the avg QB even QB's in pass happy mode. It scares me a lot, bad arm strength and poor decisions lead to bad mistakes and Ganz possesses both qualities.

would you take

Hawkins or Ganz- tie

Iowa st or Ganz - Ganz

McCoy or Ganz - McCoy

McGee or Ganz - McGee

Baylor or Ganz - Ganz

Interesting post...I mostly agree. I think I would take Joey over Freeman, just because Freeman is a lazy fat @$$, and McGee-Ganz is probably a toss-up.

As far as Keller being better and there being no bias goes. Why did the O take-off under Ganz? Just coincidedence? I think not. Joe doesn't have Keller's arm but he knows the system better and can keep drives going with his feet. If BC wasn't biased he'd have given Ganz a shot in the Mizzou or OSU-game.

I would give more credit to the offense taking off at this time to mopure being on the field for 90 percent of the snaps. Up til the time Ganz took over, mopure played about 25% of the snaps

would you take

Hawkins or Ganz- tie

Iowa st or Ganz - Ganz

McCoy or Ganz - McCoy

McGee or Ganz - McGee

Baylor or Ganz - Ganz

Interesting post...I mostly agree. I think I would take Joey over Freeman, just because Freeman is a lazy fat @$$, and McGee-Ganz is probably a toss-up.

In defense of Freeman...he's probably do a lot better if he didn't have such an asswipe for a coach.

By the way...ISU QB's are Arnaud and/or Bates. Both of them look good this spring and Bates has actually learned to throw the ball accurately (in scrimmages anyway). Actually threw the ball on a rope for a 94 yard TD last weekend along with a 54 yarder and a couple of 30 yarders. Chizek is leaning toward a two player platooning situation at QB...which isn't a bad idea if they continue to highlight the option like they have this spring...I mean you have two 230 lb QB's who can knock other people around. Need to highlight that.

Regarding the NU situation...Ganz reminds me a lot of Mark (?) Turman back in the 90's. Sat and sat while Frazier and Berringer did all the playing but when the opportunity came up (Frazier in the hospital with a blood clot and Berringer out at halftime because of the lung) Turman comes in and totally piledrives the other team...(I believe it was KSU...could be mistaken). He was ready to play when called upon, did a great job and filled in admirably until someone better came along...then went back to holding the clip board. Ganz is the best person available for the job at the moment and will be the starting QB till someone better comes along.

would you take

Hawkins or Ganz- tie

Iowa st or Ganz - Ganz

McCoy or Ganz - McCoy

McGee or Ganz - McGee

Baylor or Ganz - Ganz

In defense of Freeman...he's probably do a lot better if he didn't have such an asswipe for a coach.

By the way...ISU QB's are Arnaud and/or Bates. Both of them look good this spring and Bates has actually learned to throw the ball accurately (in scrimmages anyway). Actually threw the ball on a rope for a 94 yard TD last weekend along with a 54 yarder and a couple of 30 yarders. Chizek is leaning toward a two player platooning situation at QB...which isn't a bad idea if they continue to highlight the option like they have this spring...I mean you have two 230 lb QB's who can knock other people around. Need to highlight that.

Regarding the NU situation...Ganz reminds me a lot of Mark (?) Turman back in the 90's. Sat and sat while Frazier and Berringer did all the playing but when the opportunity came up (Frazier in the hospital with a blood clot and Berringer out at halftime because of the lung) Turman comes in and totally piledrives the other team...(I believe it was KSU...could be mistaken). He was ready to play when called upon, did a great job and filled in admirably until someone better came along...then went back to holding the clip board. Ganz is the best person available for the job at the moment and will be the starting QB till someone better comes along.

I don't think Turman-Ganz is a good comparison. Ganz is far more athletic, and a much better QB. While above I agreed that he was in the bottom third of the B12 talent-wise, that was based on last year. With an improved line and running game (fingers crossed), we may just see Joey in a new light after the first few games.

goos comments on my posting here about Ganz. I have been a husker fan my entire life (44 yrs old now) and I do not hate Ganz or any player on the Huskers. I appreciate every single one of the guys, whether they start or not during their careers. I'm glad that each and every one of them chose to come to Lincoln to play ball here. Ganz is a likable guy. I thought he handled last year extremely well after the disappointment he undoubtedly felt after losing out on the starting QB job during the Fall practices. When he got his chance to play, he played with fire and passion. I think that is certainly one of his best qualities...he is a guy who will do anything for the team. I felt that about Keller too. That guy did everything possible to get us victories last year. I do think Keller beat Ganz out fair and square during the practices leading up to the season and was a legitimate #1 QB last year. Ganz was very close behind...kinda like when we had Frazier and Berringer, don't you think? Berringer played great when he got in during Frazier's injuries with perhaps better passing than Frazier. Both were equally good and we could win with either guy. That kind of how it was last year I think with Keller/Ganz. Both had certain things they brought to the table.

I do hope that Ganz has improved his passing because I sure love his mobility and freelancing and we need him to be successful if our team is going to win. He may not have the best arm, most accurate arm, and decision making, but he can improve all three if he works hard and he seems like the kind of guy who will. I appreciate his fire and want him and the other players to feed off each other's enthusiasm. If Joe gets the starting nod, I'm rooting him on big time...as I will for any Husker. I can't wait til the real games start. I think we have a good team of guys this year.