Is Ganz a crybaby..or what?

I am a little tired of Ganz whining about not getting any respect last year or in previous years because he wasn't deemed good enough to be the starter. "Oh...fans and media thought Keller and all the 4 & 5 star recruits were better than I am"...wah wah....I have news for Ganz...he may not be good enough to start this year either if we have someone with more talent and more experience under their belt. He is very fortunate that Zac Lee was injured last year and is only now getting quality reps this Spring or he could easily unseat Ganz. Witt could probably do the same. The one thing Ganz has going for him this year is the experience in the offense. I think he is an average QB ...at best. That is the reason why he better look over his shoulder. He certainly isn't one of the top notch QB's in the Big 12 based on what he did last year (in my opinion). He is quick to tell how many records he broke last year in the 3 games he played. He went up against one decent defense in the three games (Kansas) and threw some pretty pathetic passes that were INT's or right to opposing players that could have been even more INT's. And he was off the mark on so many passes, it wasn't funny. The guy has got to get a grip. He is not the best thing since sliced bread. Geez.

While I disagree with just about all of your post, I will say that Joe Ganz IS pretty high on himself. Last year I ended up being at a party that included Mr. Ganz and Co., right in the heart of the seasons turmoil (i think it was after the okie state game). In the midst of this great rift in Husker Nation, he decided to wear a shirt that says "Got Ganz?".

Which was pretty lame...

While I disagree with just about all of your post, I will say that Joe Ganz IS pretty high on himself.

I agree with all of that...

The starter SHOULD be damn high on himself.

As long as he can take resposiblilty with the glory. Time will tell...

GO BO!!

Three games does not make him a God! I do agree with some of the post by dlrn64. I have said before I am not completely sold on Ganz. The question is, will Bo/Watson stick with him if he starts to throw dumb passes that the DBs actually catch this year? Time will tell if Ganz is the "real" deal. I hope I eat my words......

I am a little tired of Ganz whining about not getting any respect last year or in previous years because he wasn't deemed good enough to be the starter. "Oh...fans and media thought Keller and all the 4 & 5 star recruits were better than I am"...wah wah....I have news for Ganz...he may not be good enough to start this year either if we have someone with more talent and more experience under their belt. He is very fortunate that Zac Lee was injured last year and is only now getting quality reps this Spring or he could easily unseat Ganz. Witt could probably do the same. The one thing Ganz has going for him this year is the experience in the offense. I think he is an average QB ...at best. That is the reason why he better look over his shoulder. He certainly isn't one of the top notch QB's in the Big 12 based on what he did last year (in my opinion). He is quick to tell how many records he broke last year in the 3 games he played. He went up against one decent defense in the three games (Kansas) and threw some pretty pathetic passes that were INT's or right to opposing players that could have been even more INT's. And he was off the mark on so many passes, it wasn't funny. The guy has got to get a grip. He is not the best thing since sliced bread. Geez.

Once again, Iask you...you base this on WHAT? What have we seen from Lee that leads you to believe he could EASILY unseat Ganz? This is nothing more than an assumption. Lee could easily fall flat on his face too. Let's see him in a D1 game before we declare him a god, okay?

Zac Lee has done absolutely nothing at this level at this point in time.. NOTHING. Good in JuCo doesn't mean spit. I'm no expert on the kid, but to my knowlede he didn't get a scholarship out of high school for a reason.

While I disagree with just about all of your post, I will say that Joe Ganz IS pretty high on himself. Last year I ended up being at a party that included Mr. Ganz and Co., right in the heart of the seasons turmoil (i think it was after the okie state game). In the midst of this great rift in Husker Nation, he decided to wear a shirt that says "Got Ganz?".

Which was pretty lame...

An really no different than a kid in any other major posting his or her resume to the web for prospective employers to read, is it?

BHR

You know what, if I was Ganz I would be talking smack too. Callahan brought in Zac Taylor because he didn't believe that Ganz could do it.....same thing with Keller. Don't get me wrong, I thought that Zac was one hell of a QB but Keller is a different story.

To be honest Keller was a joke and he proved it. Ganz played for only three games and did better than Keller did in his first three games of the year. To me that's a slap in Callahan's face saying that Ganz should've been the starter and for not believing in his players thus why we had a sh*tty year.

Ganz proved that he could do a lot with the football and very few people had faith in him. I was one of those people who wanted Keller to start way before the 07' season ever started. But once Keller was choking and threw interception after interception, I wanted Ganz to take over. Even though that we lost the Colorado game, I thought that Ganz had showed us his mobility where Keller lacked and his throwing ability. Ganz is one hell of a QB.

So i'm glad that Ganz is saying all of this.....he's trying to prove a point that saying "Ya I can lead this team and be an outstanding Quarterback!" Way to Ganz.....you deserve it. :clap

To be a Bigtime QB, you have to be a little cocky and full of yourself. Would you rather have someone that don't believe that they are the best or that has confidence issues? Not me...give me a cocky Ganz anytime over someone that is hoping they can lead the Huskers.

To be a Bigtime QB, you have to be a little cocky and full of yourself.

Bull.

you cant tell me that it doesnt help, i wouldnt want a qb that is always doubting himself.

honestly though i dont think he was crying about anything or being cocky and i have read these same articles. he was telling how he felt, etc. how would any of you feel if everyone outside of the team thought that keller was the man, having never seen him play AT nebraska. i mean give the guy a break, i would have been more than a little p-d off.