Is Ganz a crybaby..or what?

I am a little tired of Ganz whining about not getting any respect last year or in previous years because he wasn't deemed good enough to be the starter. "Oh...fans and media thought Keller and all the 4 & 5 star recruits were better than I am"...wah wah....I have news for Ganz...he may not be good enough to start this year either if we have someone with more talent and more experience under their belt. He is very fortunate that Zac Lee was injured last year and is only now getting quality reps this Spring or he could easily unseat Ganz. Witt could probably do the same. The one thing Ganz has going for him this year is the experience in the offense. I think he is an average QB ...at best. That is the reason why he better look over his shoulder. He certainly isn't one of the top notch QB's in the Big 12 based on what he did last year (in my opinion). He is quick to tell how many records he broke last year in the 3 games he played. He went up against one decent defense in the three games (Kansas) and threw some pretty pathetic passes that were INT's or right to opposing players that could have been even more INT's. And he was off the mark on so many passes, it wasn't funny. The guy has got to get a grip. He is not the best thing since sliced bread. Geez.

Thats odd.....Ganz was just saying he was getting tired of some crybaby fan dlrn64, something about him not being a proven fan and that there are plenty of other top notch fans out there. But seriously dude, Zac Lee has done nothing to prove himself outside of playing juco ball (not saying he doesnt have talent). But this IS Ganz's year. He has been overlooked and underestimated his whole career at Nebraska, up until this year. People used to post how nobody could quite hold the clipboard like Mr. Ganz. He has deserved to toot his own horn a little bit he shattered the total offense record in his 2nd start, thats insane. As far as the ints go the numbers are a little inflated because when you have a defense like we did last year, you tend to find yourself down a couple posessions and the defense knows youre going to pass it. Also in the colorado game nate swift tipped a ball that should have been caught and it got picked. He is a top notch qb. He did what top notch qb's do against mediocre defenses.....SHRED THEM. He put up the best numbers of any big 12 qb against kstate( thats including: Chase Daniel, Todd Reesing, Colt McCoy, Bret Meyer, Zac Robinson, and Baylor's qb. :rollin .....if you want to count him).......GET SOME!!!

Being cocky has nothing to do with being a good QB!!!! I want someone who can lead the team...whether he is running his mouth or just doing what he is suppose to do. Whether or not he thinks BC screwed him over, it shows little class to bash your "old" coach like that. He is lucky to be wearing the Husker jersey (or any jersey for that matter), so just shut your mouth and do your thing on the field.

Are you for real "Touchdown Tommie"? Do you know what kind of guy Frazier was and continued to be(ask his players at Doane)? A cocky-as-hell prick, way worse than Ganz. That is overlooked because he was a great qb with production and rings. I'm sorry if that is sacrilege to you or others but that is the truth.

As far as Ganz goes he was slighted. BC burned Beck's shirt so Beck could go 1-6 with a pick. Hell Beck wasn't worth a damn for NCSU last year as a redshirt soph you telling me he was our best option as a true frosh in our complicated system? Even after Ganz pushed Keller in camp BC refused to give Ganz a shot when our O bogged-down against Mizzou, OSU, and ATM. Ganz would have never gotten a shot if Keller had stayed healthy and you know it.

It isn't like this hasn't been seen before. Remember Jackson and Lucky? Jackson was the best guy in practice but couldn't get a sniff til his considerably superior running in games demanded he get his shot. Then when Brandon got a little banged-up he got benched so Lucky could be kept happy.

Few things ..

Keller was flat out the better QB between he and Ganz. Regardless if someone thinks Keller and Callahan had an agreement of some sorts, Keller just flat out beat Ganz out of the job.

Ganz is probably the least talented QB we have on our roster. But that doesn't matter. He has the respect of his teammates and is a heady QB. Ganz has busted his butt for 4 years and earned every ounce of respect he has gotten in his teammates eyes. They absolutely love him.

Our play last year was a result of the team more than Ganz. You go back and look at the tape -- Ganz was forcing a TON of throws. Not only that, they were ducks thanks to his noodle of an arm (sorry, but it is true). However, his receivers bailed him out time and time again. You could see a much different offense from how hard the guys played under Ganz as compared to Keller.

Why does the OP think Lee is the more likely to beat out Ganz? If anyone is going to beat out Ganz this spring or going into the fall, it will be Witt. Lee needs to battle Witt more than Ganz right now.

where the hell did all this hating come from?

It is the Curse of Callahan, you never seen hate from a husker fan until he came along. I think we need to get a priest and get an exorcism going, or we will have the Curse for a hundred and seven years..... <_<

Being cocky has nothing to do with being a good QB!!!! I want someone who can lead the team...whether he is running his mouth or just doing what he is suppose to do. Whether or not he thinks BC screwed him over, it shows little class to bash your "old" coach like that. He is lucky to be wearing the Husker jersey (or any jersey for that matter), so just shut your mouth and do your thing on the field.

Are you for real "Touchdown Tommie"? Do you know what kind of guy Frazier was and continued to be(ask his players at Doane)? A cocky-as-hell prick, way worse than Ganz. That is overlooked because he was a great qb with production and rings. I'm sorry if that is sacrilege to you or others but that is the truth.

As far as Ganz goes he was slighted. BC burned Beck's shirt so Beck could go 1-6 with a pick. Hell Beck wasn't worth a damn for NCSU last year as a redshirt soph you telling me he was our best option as a true frosh in our complicated system? Even after Ganz pushed Keller in camp BC refused to give Ganz a shot when our O bogged-down against Mizzou, OSU, and ATM. Ganz would have never gotten a shot if Keller had stayed healthy and you know it.

It isn't like this hasn't been seen before. Remember Jackson and Lucky? Jackson was the best guy in practice but couldn't get a sniff til his considerably superior running in games demanded he get his shot. Then when Brandon got a little banged-up he got benched so Lucky could be kept happy.

Was he a cocky prick in the media??? Also, I believe he backed it up on the field with some NC.....

Oh and by the way, bringing up Doane is not even an argument. That place is the joke of NAIA in the area. The coaches before him just let the players play if they wanted to be on the team. I went down there on a recruiting trip when I was a senior in high school ('99) and it was the worst place I visited. The atmosphere was worse than my high school.

Anyways, if a player is cocky on the field and can back it up, I guess I can live it that. However, as I stated, there is no reason to throw a coach (old or new) under the bus.

Some are talking about how accurate he is....I am not sure if you remember, but he threw picks at the worst time of the games he did play in.

Trust me, I want him to be the man....he just have to prove to me that is can put a complete year together and play smart.

I would go so far as to argue that being overly cocky often indicates a lack of self-confidence. People who are confident in their abilities don't feel the need to advertise how great they are. Seems Ganz has just this sort of complex after being a long-time backup.

Wise words! I definitely agree.

You could see it in the spring game last year that Keller could make throws that Ganz couldn't and did it with much less effort. Ganz does have more mobility and that helps elevate his game. He has shown great improvement over the years and if that continued improvement includes better judgement on forcing passes then I think he'll do fine this year. I haven't seen Ganz as a crybaby but he does have the swagger needed to lead. Hopefully he can build on the positives of those last three games.

Wow this is a great thread, i love when threads like this are out there. I agree with a lot of what is being said in regards to Ganz. Is he more Talented than Witt Lee and Spano, No! Does he have a weak arm, Yes! Does he lead well, Yes it appears so. blah Blah Blah.

IMO Ganz will start only because of experience, he is not a better passer than Witt or Lee, He doesnt have as good of arm as Witt or Lee, He is not as mobile and agile as Lee. All these things have been stated publicly by players or media. The only thing he has going is experience.

KSU game, sure he put up big numbers, Cally ran up the score. there was no need to have the last 3 td's thrown by Ganz. KU we were behind and throwing a lot but his 4 picks should have been 8-9. the defenders just couldnt catch and the excuse of "The D knew we were throwing" doesnt fly when those passes were poorly thrown "ducks" thrown right at defenders. CU we were not behind therefore the D did not know we were throwing and yet after some really bad throws the picks were still there.

The hypocracy is my favorite. We build Ganz up and give excuses about the predictability, the fact that the D knew we were passing, yet we wont let Lucky slide. Talk about putting up numbers in spite of the D knowing what was going on. The D knew what we were doing yet Lucky still had a monster year and we dont let him slide in the least.

Ganz will start due to experience alone. He will be average at best, not because he wont play hard or lead well. It will be because he has average at best talent. Saturday, the only negative from the scrimmage i heard was the inability to complete a deep ball. some of that falls on the WR but some on the QB.

IMO we will be an improved team this year, but i still contend, if your team starts Ganz at QB and Swift and Petersen at WR then talent wise you are an average team at best. That combo there would not start at any of the top 50 teams in the country.

I dont think we should or can expect numbers like Ganz put up last year. My fear is our improved D will keep us in the games and Ganz's lack of arm strength and accuracy will be more glaring because they will cost us games. we let the KU game slide last year since we were never really in the game, but this year we will be

I think Ganz will do OK but not spectacular. If we get into a game where we need to throw the ball alot then we are in trouble. Ganz is not a QB that can go throw to throw with most of the other QBs in the conference. Hopefully, with the focus on being physical, the running game will be able to keep the pressure off of Ganz. If our running game is good and the O-line is everything it is cracked up to be, then Ganz should have more time to read the defense and go through the progressions. Also, the emergence of a tightend would be nice to help free up our other receivers by adding another threat for the defense to account for.