Is Ganz a crybaby..or what?

Ganz threw plenty of interceptions too. And the big thing is, most of his came at extremely important and unfortunate times in the game.

Ummm I would agree but he only had maybe two interceptions that came down to hurt us, one for sure against Colorado. But I would take Ganz's 16 TDs and 7 INTs against Keller's 14 TDs and 10 INTs any day of the week.

Just remember, if you take out the KState game (7TDs, no picks), Ganz had 9 TDs and 7 INTs. I think his stat line is a little misleading because BC kept throwing all over KState even after the game was in the bag and the opposing defense had shut down. The 9 TD's to 7 INT's is probably a little more accurate in terms of trying to project his stats over the course of a full season and in cometitive games, which makes him pretty comparable to Keller, statistically at least.

I don't think it is fair to take out the KSU-game because BC had us in "gotta score now" mode the whole time Ganz was in there, not just against KSU. Ya Ganz's stats were inflated against KSU but his pick numbers were inflated by BC being so balls-to-the-wall in-general I'd say it balances-out. Ganz likely won't be throwing as many td's per game next year but I'd bet he isn't throwing as many picks either.

Willie, Ganz has less talent than Beau Davis? Jim Ebke? Kody Spano?

Also, if Ganz is the one to get the team rallying around him, would you say it would be good for another QB to get the starting job?

I don't even count Ebke to be honest. He'll be a guy that will get eventually moved anyways, IMO.

And as far as talent, just being able to make throws, Beau is better than him as is Spano. Beau could be a helluva QB, but I think the guy literally has some type of eating disorder. Not joking about that either. He literally cannot put on any weight. Spano, OTOH, just needs time to develop. But as far talent, Spano is ahead of Ganz.

If Witt or Lee battled the way Ganz has and earned respect in the way Ganz has from his peers, I have no doubt either of them would start over Ganz.

To just use a figure of speech -- if this team were to go to war, Ganz would be the General everyone would want leading the troops.

It's really fun to watch the tapes from last year. If you have any, just watch Ganz and look at some of the throws he makes. Sometimes he cannot even get a tight spiral on the ball and it looks like a lame duck, but somehow the WR's just bail him out. That's not a knock on him, because I am sure everyone can see his talent level isn't that high. It's just uncanny how much this team wants him to do well.

Seriously Willie? I usually agree with your comments/observations, but Ganz has less talent than Mr. Deer in Headlights? Davis has completed more of his passes to the opposition than our own team when he's been on the field. I agree with everyone else who have said this, but WHAT has Lee or Witt shown you to make you think they are better? Do you see them in practice everyday? Do you work with all of the QB's to make a judgement like this? I'm not worshipping Ganz, but someone PLEASE show me some proof that the others are better. I have full faith in the coaches and so far they say Ganz is the best we've got.

As far as Ganz's interview, you wouldn't have any kind of bitterness reading garbage like this on the internet and in the papers? All people have done is doubted the guy and when he finally has a chance to prove himself, he does so, quite successfully given the circumstances. And yet people still hate on him. He may not be the biggest or strongest or smartest guy, but he's got determination and leadershipto be a good player. Give the guy a shot before you start ragging on him or crowning the next guy in line.

To be a Bigtime QB, you have to be a little cocky and full of yourself. Would you rather have someone that don't believe that they are the best or that has confidence issues? Not me...give me a cocky Ganz anytime over someone that is hoping they can lead the Huskers.

exactly. Not like you can not go after other qbs.

I think you are all missing the point we are trying to make. We DONT know if Witt or Lee are better, we just hope so because if Ganz is the best we have then we arent very good at that position righ now. say all you want about last year. Ganz couldnt win the job, and played cuz the starter got hurt. He threw a lot of TD's but it was extremely inflated due to BC running up the score. He also threw a lot of picks and those are not inflated. the excuse of "the D knew we were throwing" doesnt fly. Down 14 with 5 minutes left does the d know we are throwing? Down 5 with 40 seconds left, does the D know we are throwing? There are all kinds of situations in any given game where the D knows we are throwing. If ganz throws a pick in the 2 minute drill are you all going to excuse it because " THE D KNEW WE WERE THROWING" Also they picks are not inflated because in the KU game alone he should have thrown 5 more picks that literally hit the D in the numbers and they dropped them.

If Ganz is the best then he should start, some of us just hope thats not the case because if it is, then We are very thin at the most important position on the field.

I think you are all missing the point we are trying to make. We DONT know if Witt or Lee are better, we just hope so because if Ganz is the best we have then we arent very good at that position righ now. say all you want about last year. Ganz couldnt win the job, and played cuz the starter got hurt. He threw a lot of TD's but it was extremely inflated due to BC running up the score. He also threw a lot of picks and those are not inflated. the excuse of "the D knew we were throwing" doesnt fly. Down 14 with 5 minutes left does the d know we are throwing? Down 5 with 40 seconds left, does the D know we are throwing? There are all kinds of situations in any given game where the D knows we are throwing. If ganz throws a pick in the 2 minute drill are you all going to excuse it because " THE D KNEW WE WERE THROWING" Also they picks are not inflated because in the KU game alone he should have thrown 5 more picks that literally hit the D in the numbers and they dropped them.

If Ganz is the best then he should start, some of us just hope thats not the case because if it is, then We are very thin at the most important position on the field.

That is just dumb. The td's are inflated but the picks weren't? Come on. Both came out of us being in "gotta score now" mode, not just one. Ganz couldn't win the job and only played because of Keller's injury? That is called BC bias and stupidity, we saw it before with the Lucky/Jackson situation in '06. Ganz obviously should have gotten a shot sooner since the O took-off as soon as he came in. That Ganz didn't get a shot in the Mizzou or OSU games in ridiculous. Seems to me Ganz is dead-on when he says he was a victim of *-system.

Danimal, come on you are a smart guy. NO the picks arent inflated you didnt address my point. There are several situations where the D will know we are passing. by your logic ganz will throw picks and it will be ok since the D knew we were going to pass. That is one of the most cockeyed ideas ive heard in a long time. Ganz threw picks cuz the D knew we were passing.

Lets say he doesnt throw picks. Several times each year a team has to move the ball quickly down the field by getting the passes downfield. Ganz has a very below average arm, what will the excuse be then, " he cant throw the ball downfield because he doesnt have the arm strength because BC loved Keller and was biased therefore ganz didnt get enough reps in practice to strengthen his arm".

A lot of our fans amaze me with their blind acceptance of factual things. I love Ganz, hell he plays for NU but we also want the best teams possible and if Ganz is the best QB we have then we are not in great shape at that position. I contend that although Ganz can run a very little, he will be easier to defend for teams because they wont have to defend past 20 yard from the line of scrimmage.

The whole bias thing is a joke, Keller was and is the better QB, you have no reason to say otherwise. your opinion is based on pure bias.

one other thing to note is MOPURE. I dont believe there is any coincidence that Ganz had the stats he had because coinciding with Ganz starting was the first time all year that MOPURE actually played a majority of the snaps. I remember games early in the year where MOPURE was on the sideline more than the game. One game alone in the first half Purify was on the sideline for 5 3rdand longs. ganz took over and at the same time BC pulls his head out his ass and decides that maybe our only playmaking WR ought to fricking play

Also, if Ganz is the one to get the team rallying around him, would you say it would be good for another QB to get the starting job?

I don't even count Ebke to be honest. He'll be a guy that will get eventually moved anyways, IMO.

And as far as talent, just being able to make throws, Beau is better than him as is Spano. Beau could be a helluva QB, but I think the guy literally has some type of eating disorder. Not joking about that either. He literally cannot put on any weight. Spano, OTOH, just needs time to develop. But as far talent, Spano is ahead of Ganz.

If Witt or Lee battled the way Ganz has and earned respect in the way Ganz has from his peers, I have no doubt either of them would start over Ganz.

To just use a figure of speech -- if this team were to go to war, Ganz would be the General everyone would want leading the troops.

It's really fun to watch the tapes from last year. If you have any, just watch Ganz and look at some of the throws he makes. Sometimes he cannot even get a tight spiral on the ball and it looks like a lame duck, but somehow the WR's just bail him out. That's not a knock on him, because I am sure everyone can see his talent level isn't that high. It's just uncanny how much this team wants him to do well.

neither Lee nor Witt have taken a snap in a game yet, so i am not sure how anyone can say they are both better than Ganz. field decisions, running/scrambling ability are all part of a successful qb. i would venture to say Lee and Witt would make their share of mistakes in their first 3 games, yet many are ready to throw out Joey......face it, we need to see more development in all these guys.

Ganz does make questionable decisions based on what he can do. There is absolutely no question he knows the offense inside and out. He can also find the open man. His main problem is getting it there based on what he can do. If Lee or Witt had the decision making ability of Ganz, that would be another plus in their corner.

However, as far as arm strength, being able to make the tough throws, etc., it is not even a contest. Lee is also the more mobile of any of them and Witt is not that far behind.

And no one (at least in my case) are ready to throw Joe out as starter. There is no question who I would start as long as he (Joe) is healthy. I am merely pointing out the talent level at QB and why Ganz is so successful, even with so little talent.

Seriously Willie? I usually agree with your comments/observations, but Ganz has less talent than Mr. Deer in Headlights? Davis has completed more of his passes to the opposition than our own team when he's been on the field. I agree with everyone else who have said this, but WHAT has Lee or Witt shown you to make you think they are better? Do you see them in practice everyday? Do you work with all of the QB's to make a judgement like this? I'm not worshipping Ganz, but someone PLEASE show me some proof that the others are better. I have full faith in the coaches and so far they say Ganz is the best we've got.

As far as Ganz's interview, you wouldn't have any kind of bitterness reading garbage like this on the internet and in the papers? All people have done is doubted the guy and when he finally has a chance to prove himself, he does so, quite successfully given the circumstances. And yet people still hate on him. He may not be the biggest or strongest or smartest guy, but he's got determination and leadershipto be a good player. Give the guy a shot before you start ragging on him or crowning the next guy in line.

Oh c'mon, you are still basing your thoughts on Beau based on a game from 4 years ago? Put it this way, if we put Joe in that same situation at that same time, we may be looking at the century mark.

BC was put into a corner. Dailey was stinking up the joint and we all wanted to see what the first pure passer we had recruited in some time could do. Thanks to recruiting sites and practice reports, Beau had hype. I'm not for sure if you remember it, but the kid was being built as a possible heir to the throne before that game.

Here is a kid who was lucky if he was 165lbs and had little knowledge of the offense. He was running with the 3rd string QBs for the better part of the summer and the year (Ryan Goodman was 2nd string) and then he was thrown into the fire. He was asked to go out there and sling passes, hopefully bringing us back into the game. What everyone forgets is the pressure and obstacles that kid was facing.

ANYONE who bases their opinion of Beau off of that game just needs to quit.

Beau is a damm good QB, but he does have decision making issues without question, even now. His biggest problem is his STILL cannot put weight. If the kid had gotten up into the 210-215 range, he would be making noise in this QB debate. I do not doubt that with a single bone in my body. However, when you are playing around 40lbs less than what you should, there is no way you can legitimately get on the field.

However, as far as just ability alone, Beau is one of our better QBs, without question.

To continue on with your post, I have never once said I would start Witt or Lee ahead of Ganz. That is something that is couped up in a few peoples head. I merely stated on TALENT ALONE, Witt and Lee were far ahead of Ganz.

Tell you what, since you seemingly buy into what the paper says or what a recruiting site says and not what I say, have one of them ask teammates who has more ability among all the QBs. Better yet, ask the reporters themselves who has more ability from their vantage point. I am fully confident that only a handful would say Ganz as compared to any of the other QBs.

Again I say, that is in no way a knock on Ganz. Hell, you could ask Ganz himself and I am sure he would say Lee and Witt have more natural ability than he has. But the fact is, Ganz has earned his stripes. The team wants him to start and he has earned the right to start.

No one can or will take that away from him.

neither Lee nor Witt have taken a snap in a game yet, so i am not sure how anyone can say they are both better than Ganz. field decisions, running/scrambling ability are all part of a successful qb. i would venture to say Lee and Witt would make their share of mistakes in their first 3 games, yet many are ready to throw out Joey......face it, we need to see more development in all these guys.

Ganz does make questionable decisions based on what he can do. There is absolutely no question he knows the offense inside and out. He can also find the open man. His main problem is getting it there based on what he can do. If Lee or Witt had the decision making ability of Ganz, that would be another plus in their corner.

However, as far as arm strength, being able to make the tough throws, etc., it is not even a contest. Lee is also the more mobile of any of them and Witt is not that far behind.

And no one (at least in my case) are ready to throw Joe out as starter. There is no question who I would start as long as he (Joe) is healthy. I am merely pointing out the talent level at QB and why Ganz is so successful, even with so little talent.

Oh c'mon, you are still basing your thoughts on Beau based on a game from 4 years ago? Put it this way, if we put Joe in that same situation at that same time, we may be looking at the century mark.

BC was put into a corner. Dailey was stinking up the joint and we all wanted to see what the first pure passer we had recruited in some time could do. Thanks to recruiting sites and practice reports, Beau had hype. I'm not for sure if you remember it, but the kid was being built as a possible heir to the throne before that game.

Here is a kid who was lucky if he was 165lbs and had little knowledge of the offense. He was running with the 3rd string QBs for the better part of the summer and the year (Ryan Goodman was 2nd string) and then he was thrown into the fire. He was asked to go out there and sling passes, hopefully bringing us back into the game. What everyone forgets is the pressure and obstacles that kid was facing.

ANYONE who bases their opinion of Beau off of that game just needs to quit.

Beau is a damm good QB, but he does have decision making issues without question, even now. His biggest problem is his STILL cannot put weight. If the kid had gotten up into the 210-215 range, he would be making noise in this QB debate. I do not doubt that with a single bone in my body. However, when you are playing around 40lbs less than what you should, there is no way you can legitimately get on the field.

However, as far as just ability alone, Beau is one of our better QBs, without question.

To continue on with your post, I have never once said I would start Witt or Lee ahead of Ganz. That is something that is couped up in a few peoples head. I merely stated on TALENT ALONE, Witt and Lee were far ahead of Ganz.

Tell you what, since you seemingly buy into what the paper says or what a recruiting site says and not what I say, have one of them ask teammates who has more ability among all the QBs. Better yet, ask the reporters themselves who has more ability from their vantage point. I am fully confident that only a handful would say Ganz as compared to any of the other QBs.

Again I say, that is in no way a knock on Ganz. Hell, you could ask Ganz himself and I am sure he would say Lee and Witt have more natural ability than he has. But the fact is, Ganz has earned his stripes. The team wants him to start and he has earned the right to start.

No one can or will take that away from him.

Where did you get that idea? And I'm sorry to say, but you're not always right. And like I said, I usually agree with what you have to say, just not about Beau (and this was not based off of one game). It's what I've seen of him in practice that I base my decision. I could also care less what reporters (although you seem to think differently) have to say about a player - half of them know absolutly sh#t about football. If you want to disagree with then fine, but don't try to talk down on me and make yourself seem all knowing.

Danimal, come on you are a smart guy. NO the picks arent inflated you didnt address my point. There are several situations where the D will know we are passing. by your logic ganz will throw picks and it will be ok since the D knew we were going to pass. That is one of the most cockeyed ideas ive heard in a long time. Ganz threw picks cuz the D knew we were passing.

Lets say he doesnt throw picks. Several times each year a team has to move the ball quickly down the field by getting the passes downfield. Ganz has a very below average arm, what will the excuse be then, " he cant throw the ball downfield because he doesnt have the arm strength because BC loved Keller and was biased therefore ganz didnt get enough reps in practice to strengthen his arm".

A lot of our fans amaze me with their blind acceptance of factual things. I love Ganz, hell he plays for NU but we also want the best teams possible and if Ganz is the best QB we have then we are not in great shape at that position. I contend that although Ganz can run a very little, he will be easier to defend for teams because they wont have to defend past 20 yard from the line of scrimmage.

The whole bias thing is a joke, Keller was and is the better QB, you have no reason to say otherwise. your opinion is based on pure bias.

one other thing to note is MOPURE. I dont believe there is any coincidence that Ganz had the stats he had because coinciding with Ganz starting was the first time all year that MOPURE actually played a majority of the snaps. I remember games early in the year where MOPURE was on the sideline more than the game. One game alone in the first half Purify was on the sideline for 5 3rdand longs. ganz took over and at the same time BC pulls his head out his ass and decides that maybe our only playmaking WR ought to fricking play

inaccurate dude, when the D knows you are passing which they do in a hurry up offense you are more likely to get intercepted. just like when they knew we were passing the whole game we were more likely to get intercepted. so say you get intercepted 1 in 3 times that you run a two minute offense, now take that by the 60 minutes of a game you would be intercepted 20 times, now factor in that you actually ran about a quarter of the time so you are down to 15 times, if you got intercepted 15 times you didnt score in that game and the same thing could be said about being intercepted 1 in every 6 times (which is quite accurate) and you still have 7.5 interceptions a game.

ganz did not have 7.5 per game so im thinking he is doing pretty good interception wise.

also i saw a while back some numbers from top qbs and ganz numbers stacked up very nicely with the top qbs in the country, i believe he was like #3 when you average in the pass attempts etc.

I didn't look closely at how you manipulated the numbers, but I don't see HOW you can look at the conclusion and not think something's wrong with your reasoning.

You cannot say "QB did not have 7.5 ints per game, so he's doing pretty good interception wise."

Travis, when the O is "gotta score now" mode you will see more picks. You are passing more, the D is playing the pass, and you will tend to press and force stuff more. I still say BOTH his td's and picks were increased by offensive-mode we were in. It is illogical to ignore the good or the bad.

As far as Keller being better and there being no bias goes. Why did the O take-off under Ganz? Just coincidedence? I think not. Joe doesn't have Keller's arm but he knows the system better and can keep drives going with his feet. If BC wasn't biased he'd have given Ganz a shot in the Mizzou or OSU-game.

I didn't look closely at how you manipulated the numbers, but I don't see HOW you can look at the conclusion and not think something's wrong with your reasoning.

You cannot say "QB did not have 7.5 ints per game, so he's doing pretty good interception wise."

you are completely misunderstanding what i am saying. the numbers i was using were just made up starting points as i mentioned above (so that you get a general idea). i am saying that on average most qbs would throw about 7.5 interceptions per game if they were in their 2 minute drill the whole game. it was in response to a previous poster saying that the tds were inflated but the interceptions were not which is completely incorrect.

basically if you are running a 2 minute offense the whole game you should expect on average 7.5 interceptions a game, think about that that is 2 minutes 30 times. i did the math quick so it might be a little off but i guarantee that it is close.

all i am saying is that there is no way you can say the tds are inflated and that the interceptions are right on at the same time, it just doesnt work that way! statistically it doesnt work that way and in real life it doesnt work that way.

Travis, when the O is "gotta score now" mode you will see more picks. You are passing more, the D is playing the pass, and you will tend to press and force stuff more. I still say BOTH his td's and picks were increased by offensive-mode we were in. It is illogical to ignore the good or the bad.

As far as Keller being better and there being no bias goes. Why did the O take-off under Ganz? Just coincidedence? I think not. Joe doesn't have Keller's arm but he knows the system better and can keep drives going with his feet. If BC wasn't biased he'd have given Ganz a shot in the Mizzou or OSU-game.

exactly, this guy knows what he is talking about!