It's April 18th

XORGoTmLJ8

Today is the day that we lost a GREAT Nebraska QB who had the NFL draft to look forward too. It was mentioned in the newspapers that Brook was going to be the first Nebraska QB to play as a QB in the NFL.
I remember April 18th 1996 hearing the news that Brook was gone. It was so surreal. I thought I was all a dream. I was looking forward to going with my brother to the Lincoln to see the 1995 Champ Huskers get their rings, and then go to the Red-White game and watch the NFL draft all weekend to see where Brook would end up. (Whatever team Brook went to was going to be my favorite NFL team).
I went to the Red-White game that year, and listened to Play by Play on KFAB and Kent Pavelka was not his usual self on the mike. The Red-White game, he explained, "was a release of emotion for a fallen teammate".

gone but never forgotten

:yeah

Brook Berringer...Forever a Husker

"I don't think there is any program in the nation that has the kind of support and loyalty from the fans that we have here at Nebraska. And in 10 or 20 years from now I'll still be telling people what it was like to play here at Nebraska and the experience of being a Husker." -Brook Berringer, 1995. Thanks Brook, RIP

Lyrics from the Nebraska song by Sawyer Brown, this song is song about Brook...

'I grew up in Goodland, Kansas. I turned 18 today. I'm college bound for Lincoln. Nebraska's where I'll stay.'

I remeber the morning I heard the news. It was on an early SportsCenter and my son was still asleep.

I went into his room and sat there and watched him sleep and cried. Brooke plays on God's team now and takes his snaps from Jake Young, another Husker great who left us too soon.

RIP, you will play in our hearts forever and never be forgotten.

T_O_B