Terry Bowden on Nebraska's future

I thought it was a good read and he makes some good points however.......................*clears throat* BOB DELANEY!!!!???? Who is this guy I've never heard of him...............now if he meant Bob Devaney than that makes more sense?!

...*clears throat* THAN that makes more sense??! What does that mean, I've never heard of that before... Now, if you meant "then", then that would make more sense...?!

I thought it was a good read and he makes some good points however.......................*clears throat* BOB DELANEY!!!!???? Who is this guy I've never heard of him...............now if he meant Bob Devaney than that makes more sense?!

...*clears throat* THAN that makes more sense??! What does that mean, I've never heard of that before... Now, if you meant "then", then that would make more sense...?!

Extends arm..............................lifts middle finger.....................................and says "thanks english professor!"

All the talk about a "Heisman-level QB" makes me laugh. In any given year there are what, maybe 4 or 5 of those in the country at most? We haven't even had a top 25 level program in 4 years...how are we going to get this "Heisman-level QB"? Do they now grow on trees or something?

Every program in the country wants an elite QB...very few teams get them.

He had to pick the trendy offense of the moment for NU to cling to didn't he? One wonders which offense he would have picked to run a few years ago.

The shotgun read offense works, but its a frickin fad right now. Give D-coordinators a year or two to catch up and then tell me how unbeatable it is.

He had to pick the trendy offense of the moment for NU to cling to didn't he? One wonders which offense he would have picked to run a few years ago.

The shotgun read offense works, but its a frickin fad right now. Give D-coordinators a year or two to catch up and then tell me how unbeatable it is.

didn't dr tom say something to the affect that if he was still coaching he would have switched to a spread option offense?

yah, there are parts of the article that just scream, "AW C'MON SOMEONE PLEASE GIMME A JOB!!!"

in fact, the first paragraph is *completely about him. he is in nebraska, his team went 11-0, his daddy overshadowed him by winning a national championship.

and the aside that he wishes he was bo pelini? that just sounded desperate.

he wants back into coaching bad. but after the way he left auburn, i dunno if that's ever gonna happen.

didn't dr tom say something to the affect that if he was still coaching he would have switched to a spread option offense?

Maybe, maybe not. But for the life of me I will never understand why the Nebraska offense has to live in extremes. Either they run a strict option, or they are a west coast team. Why a balanced offense that has talent at the skill positions like a Ohio State, USC, or Texas is beyond the realm of attainment I will never understand.

"Home grown corn-fed weight hardened linemen". I like the sound of that. I think its starting to happen again with the walk-on program. Bob D and TO, may have had to sprinkle in a few players from around the country at key positions but it was the kids from Nebraska, that were the heart and soul of the program.

GBR!!!

"Home grown corn-fed weight hardened linemen". I like the sound of that. I think its starting to happen again with the walk-on program. Bob D and TO, may have had to sprinkle in a few players from around the country at key positions but it was the kids from Nebraska, that were the heart and soul of the program.

GBR!!!

:yeah:yeah:yeah

Could not have said it better myself.