Weight: 194 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Wisconson, Arizona, Northwestern, Illinois,

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Led his team, Marion Central Catholic to the Class 6A Championship as a Sophomore. Threw for 2033 yards and 15 touchdowns while missing 5 games with a hamstring injury as a Junior

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:

• 3 weeks later...

Budmayr proves worth in Columbus

Top Performer

Jon Budmayr (6-1, 200), Quarterback

(Woodstock, Ill./Marian Central Catholic)

We thought the ESPN 150 Watch List quarterback resembled a high school version of Missouri QB Chase Daniel on film, and his play in Columbus backed it up. The crafty gunslinger lacks prototypical size (he is probably closer to 6-feet) and may not be in the same category as Daniel in terms of athleticism, but his poise, moxie and ability to distribute the ball quickly and accurately all over the field Friday are very similar.

He lacks an over-the-top release but his delivery was quick, consistent and the ball jumped off his hand all day with good RPMs. We thought he showed good arm strength on film and backed it up leading receivers downfield with good air under his deep ball. Budmayr impressed us strictly as a passer versus an imaginary rush; the exciting part is his ability to create and improvise with his feet are equally impressive.

He could be sliding under the national radar due to his marginal height, but we feel it can easily be masked in a spread system at the next level. Budmayr showed Friday he deserves mention in the same breath as some of the top dual-threat QBs in this class.

That is shade short but he could always grow an inch or two still. He was kicking serious ass before he got hurt last season and appears to have enough running-ability to mix-in some spread-option. He'd be a solid get.

From what I understand he has had quite a bit of contact with Wiscy but I think we have a fair shot at him.

That is shade short but he could always grow an inch or two still. He was kicking serious ass before he got hurt last season and appears to have enough running-ability to mix-in some spread-option. He'd be a solid get.

From what I understand he has had quite a bit of contact with Wiscy but I think we have a fair shot at him.

i'm more worried about zook

Committed to Wisconsin.

Thought we might have had a chance, but I guess that 2009 road trip to Hawaii was too enticing.

As far as I can tell Ohio State drops off of their schedule in his Junior or Senior year, so he might actually have a shot at at conference title though Rich Rod will probably have Michigan back up and Illinois will be no treat.

Oh well, so can we get Scheelhaase or Mossakowski?