Music idea for the defense next year

Do not blaspheme Angus. :angry:

Speaking of old ECW music, I'd throw RVD's old joint "Walk" by Pantera up for nomination.

While 'Walk' is the most over played Pantera song in the universe, it is much better than the false metal wankery that is usually used for such purposes.

The last thing we need is some Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold or some other skinny jeans and eye-liner drivel shoveled into our ear drums.

Down with the psuedo-heavy music.

so...megadeth is still a possibility?

I think some Disturbed songs would be sweet. Make for some good highlight music too.

lets skip on that trash, it's terrible metal and i swear to god i'll <insert long beeps for 5 minutes> because david dreiman is a terrible person and deserves hades. No i'll take Bodom of Disturbed any day of the week.

Granted I'm not hardcore "more metal than thou" type but I like Disturbed. Their stuff has a nice groove to it(same reason I love Rob Zombie) and the guy actually sings.

Sorry but I think that stuff where the guy thinks sounding like Cookie Monster is badass is just crap. Heavy becomes noise without actual singing. I'd much rather hear some old Judas Priest. I don't care how gay Halford is, dude was awesome.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Granted I'm not hardcore "more metal than thou" type but I like Disturbed. Their stuff has a nice groove to it(same reason I love Rob Zombie) and the guy actually sings.

Sorry but I think that stuff where the guy thinks sounding like Cookie Monster is badass is just crap. Heavy becomes noise without actual singing. I'd much rather hear some old Judas Priest. I don't care how gay Halford is, dude was awesome.

down with the sickness bass line is all of 2 notes, it's boring, and worse then power metal in that respect, besides the fact that he's a hippocrite, i wish they'd go back to lake michigan and just drown like they deserve.

While I started listening to the classic metal bands (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc.) and still have a lot of respect for them, my affinity for heavy music progressed from there to the point where I appreciate all forms. This includes the afore mentioned "Cookie Monster" types, which I happen to enjoy a lot. The old stuff is great to listen to, but in terms of pump up music, it just doesn't do it for me.

Oh, and Disturbed plays three chords over and over again with the guy making animal noises over the top. If that's your thing, cool, I guess.