2 players transfering

Some guys would rather ride pine at UNL, some would rather play at UNO, hope things work-out for them.

Wow, here's our next poll. Would you rather be a benchwarmer (meat squad) player at UNL, or would you rather go to a different school and play? I had a friend who walked on at UNL even though he had full ride scholarships to other schools with 2 of them being D1 schools. He played very little. I know there's always the pride thing and saying you were on the team, but really in the last 6 years how much pride could you take from being on any of those teams? A decade or so ago, I more than likely would have said benchwarmer at UNL would be better than actually playing at a different school. Now that I'm a little older, I think I would have fonder memories going somewhere and actually getting to play rather than riding the pine for 4 or 5 years. There's very little chance making it to the next level playing at smaller schools. However, there's practically zero chance of making it to the next level as being a benchwarmer at UNL. Look at the kid from North Platte playing at Chadron. Look at all the press he's gotten. I have no idea whether or not he'll make it in the NFL, but I do think when he looks back at what he's accomplished he'll be greatful he took his scholly from Chadron rather than walking on at UNL.

What's actually a little surprising is that there haven't been more transfers. It seems that whenever there is a coaching change at any school, you can expect a good 10 to 12 players leaving.

I hope that the lack of transfers is indicative of the players finding the new staff to be a refreshing change - can't think of any other reason to explain it.

What's actually a little surprising is that there haven't been more transfers. It seems that whenever there is a coaching change at any school, you can expect a good 10 tp 12 players leaving.

I hope that the lack of transfers is indicative of the players finding the new staff to be a refreshing change - can't think of any other reason to explain it.

Let's wait until the season starts before counting up all the transfers. We're currently up to 4 - 2 before spring practice and now 2 after. We'll likely lose a few more over the summer and fall practice (I'm not calling it fall camp anymore!!).

Brandenburgh was released from the 49'ers

The San Francisco 49ers, meanwhile, released former Husker linebacker Lance Brandenburgh after the team’s minicamp.

Though undrafted, Brandenburgh had been signed by the club in the days after the NFL Draft.

That’s not to say Brandenburgh didn’t stir some things up while trying to earn a spot on the team.

According to the Sacramento Bee: “Perhaps his most memorable moment of minicamp — blanketing fullback Moran Norris so closely in a pass-coverage drill that Norris tried to start a fight with him.”

What's actually a little surprising is that there haven't been more transfers. It seems that whenever there is a coaching change at any school, you can expect a good 10 tp 12 players leaving.

I would have to agree with you. I was a little worried that we would be losing at least 10 players due to the new coaching staff (i.e., those players who agreed to play for the original staff), but so far we only have had two leave?

Wow, I must say that's pretty shocking. Hopefully that's all the transfers there will be.