Trev on the Huskers.

I keep thinking NU is eerily following the same path as OU did in the late 90's prior to Stoops' arrival. OU sucked bad in the mid to late 90's but once Stoops took over, they've been competitive ever since.

I feel that way too. Hopefully it is more than just my rose colored glasses.

I agree with Trev. Momentum is a giant slayer, not to say Va Tech or Mizzou are giants, and it really builds confidence not only in players but in the program as a whole. If we get the ball rolling early, good things will happen. A good example is to take a look at Kansas last year. They came out rolling early in their weak non-Conference games, scoring 214 points and allowing only 23. The confidence that it created within their team boiled over into conference play and also into the BCS game. Yeah they had the hiccup with Mizzou, but that just goes to show that Kansas isn't and never will be Nebraska!! GBR!!!

I agree with Trev. Momentum is a giant slayer, not to say Va Tech or Mizzou are giants, and it really builds confidence not only in players but in the program as a whole. If we get the ball rolling early, good things will happen. A good example is to take a look at Kansas last year. They came out rolling early in their weak non-Conference games, scoring 214 points and allowing only 23. The confidence that it created within their team boiled over into conference play and also into the BCS game. Yeah they had the hiccup with Mizzou, but that just goes to show that Kansas isn't and never will be Nebraska!! GBR!!!

Trev is exactly right. Momentum will have a lot to do with how the season goes. The buidling point for last year was the USC game, when the Huskers fell flat in that game, the season went straight downhill. If the Huskers can somehow pull off an upset and beat the Hokies, things could get interesting. Getting beat up in that game could lead to another rough season.

i dont see us winning to many games mid-season. vt mu tx tech and ku all are going to be tough games. i feel we are lucky winning 2 of those games. now we should be competetive in all but i dont see with a qb ganz at the relm that we can get over the hump and win the big games

I keep thinking NU is eerily following the same path as OU did in the late 90's prior to Stoops' arrival. OU sucked bad in the mid to late 90's but once Stoops took over, they've been competitive ever since.

OU and OSU with Tressel inherited big talent from coaches that were top recruiters with great talent bases, Texas and Ohio. Does it aid NU that Bo coached vs VA tech last year at LSU?

OU and OSU with Tressel inherited big talent from coaches that were top recruiters with great talent bases, Texas and Ohio. Does it aid NU that Bo coached vs VA tech last year at LSU?

good point. last year, the hokies just weren't beaten by LSU, they were disassembled.

of course, lsu was loaded with talent up the ying-yang. but you gotta figure pelini will have the boys adapt as best they can.

i dont see us winning to many games mid-season. vt mu tx tech and ku all are going to be tough games. i feel we are lucky winning 2 of those games. now we should be competetive in all but i dont see with a qb ganz at the relm that we can get over the hump and win the big games

I'm willing to give Ganz the benefit of the doubt. As things have turned out, Keller getting hurt allowing Ganz to play may have been the best thing to ever happen for this year. I guess only time will tell. I'm sure Ganz will be nowhere near anyone's preseason Heisman list, but I think we could have a very solid year with him at the helm. Defense wins championships. If Ganz and the offense have the ability to score 20 or so points a game, we should be in decent shape. I highly doubt or am at least hopeful we don't have to win shootouts like in the past 4 years. Ball control and clock time management will be the most essential thing the offense needs to take care of this year.