Husker Secondary

NU's defense made practically every QB they faced last year look like a Heisman candidate. Kansas will find out how good their golden boy is this year when they have to face actual competition throughout the season and NU will be completely different with Pelini calling the shots.

One decent year and the door mats want to talk smack.

I guess will see bbhusker. But don't get mad when we beat you in lawrence. This board is gonna regret all the crap they've talked on the Jayhawks weak schedule and team after we take care of business in Lincoln. I'll be sure to fire off 50 posts on this board when we win. I can gaurantee that. :koolaid2:

NU's defense made practically every QB they faced last year look like a Heisman candidate. Kansas will find out how good their golden boy is this year when they have to face actual competition throughout the season and NU will be completely different with Pelini calling the shots.

I guess will see bbhusker. But don't get mad when we beat you in lawrence. This board is gonna regret all the crap they've talked on the Jayhawks weak schedule and team after we take care of business in Lincoln. I'll be sure to fire off 50 posts on this board when we win. I can gaurantee that. :koolaid2:

Oops, I mean Lincoln. I guess now that we've beat NU two years in a row in l-town I'm starting to get used to it. :)

Oops, I mean Lincoln. I guess now that we've beat NU two years in a row in l-town I'm starting to get used to it. :)

:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

Biggest problem for the NU secondary-THEY WENT AGAINST REESING. :)

Where did Reesing finish in the Heisman race???? I just want to know since you think he's a Heisman QB after KU had one decent season.

Who brought up heisman? He is betetr than any qb ISU will be fielding this year! Nice try Cy.

Um I'm not a cyclone..................... <_< No one brought the heisman up it's just they way you are talking about Reesing you would think he's the second coming of christ.

Biggest problem for the NU secondary-THEY WENT AGAINST REESING. :)

Where did Reesing finish in the Heisman race???? I just want to know since you think he's a Heisman QB after KU had one decent season.

Who brought up heisman? He is betetr than any qb ISU will be fielding this year! Nice try Cy.

Um I'm not a cyclone..................... <_< No one brought the heisman up it's just they way you are talking about Reesing you would think he's the second coming of christ.

If he was the second coming of christ we would of beat MU.

i think the problem with the secondary was more of a coaching / motivational problem....the huskers could suprise a lot of their biggest critics with Thenarse, Murillo, West, Blue (if healthy) ....i think we will see Asante lighting some people up this season with a more aggressive defensive scheme...

Kansas may beat Nebraska. Then again, Nebraska may beat Kansas. Don't really know.

I do know that good ole Reesing and Company will probably be 7-5 or 8-4 by the end of the season, and that is if they do REALLY well. There are 6 games that I could see Kansas losing (2 for sure). I could also say that there are 8 games I see Kansas losing, because they face NU in Lincoln, and last year Kansas struggled with KSU.

Bottom line: Kansas isn't all that until they can prove themselves. If they finish above 8-4, I will be very, very impressed. I hope Reesing and all other key players stay healthy for KU, because when they lose, I want them to lose with all of their excellent players in the game. I don't want to hear any excuses from their fans on why they lost.

Kansas may beat Nebraska. Then again, Nebraska may beat Kansas. Don't really know.

I do know that good ole Reesing and Company will probably be 7-5 or 8-4 by the end of the season, and that is if they do REALLY well. There are 6 games that I could see Kansas losing (2 for sure). I could also say that there are 8 games I see Kansas losing, because they face NU in Lincoln, and last year Kansas struggled with KSU.

Bottom line: Kansas isn't all that until they can prove themselves. If they finish above 8-4, I will be very, very impressed. I hope Reesing and all other key players stay healthy for KU, because when they lose, I want them to lose with all of their excellent players in the game. I don't want to hear any excuses from their fans on why they lost.

What two games are gauranteed losses on KU's schedule? You can't say MU because it's a rivalry game. Usually the underdog wins that game. Both Texas schools come to Lawrence and it won't be easy. The only guarantee loss I see is perhaps OU, but it's too early to tell. We've seen what happens to OU when Bradford gets hurt. The wheels fall off the Scooner.

JGS30, I'm not saying that the possibility of KU winning in Lincoln this year is not there. But, after one good season, you talking smack and guaranteeing victories is a stretch.

I can be confident about my team and talk smack. It's all in good fun. We went 12-1 last year and return alot of players. Why wouldn't I be confident? What do you want me to say. The game is in Lincoln, therefore I think the Huskers will win by 21?? I don't. You'll definetely be underdogs in the game. I always stick up for NU when talking with family, friends about CFB. NU will be back on the right track. The hiring of Bo was a great move by the athletic department. Having Osborne back in control was long overdue. He is arguably the greatest college football coach of all time.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Husker defense will improve, and the offense with Ganz, and a pretty talented o-line makes Nebraska a dangerous team. I really like Ganz. I wish they would of gave him the job from the beginning. He has that IT factor that you need. Confident passer, that knows the game. I think he'll have a big year. That's why I'll stick by my prediction of 7-5 for Nebraska. As I've said before, I think NU is two years away from taking the North back. Bo will get his guys in there and things will change. Just need to be patient, that's something Nebraska hasn't been good at being. If KU is EVER going to beat Nebraska in Lincoln, then by god it's this year. At least I hope so, because two years from now (without Reesing) I don't see us beating you in Lincoln. :)

What two games are gauranteed losses on KU's schedule? You can't say MU because it's a rivalry game. Usually the underdog wins that game. Both Texas schools come to Lawrence and it won't be easy. The only guarantee loss I see is perhaps OU, but it's too early to tell. We've seen what happens to OU when Bradford gets hurt. The wheels fall off the Scooner.

Okay, well nothing is guaranteed, especially in college football. However, there is a STRONG possiblity that KU will lose to Mizzou and Oklahoma. I can't say Mizzou? Really, why not? I'm pretty sure I'm going to anyway. Rivalry game? Yes it is, but Mizzou didn't seem to mind last season, and I think they will let it slide this season too.

Yes, we did see what happens when Bradford gets injured. So the only chance Kansas has against Oklahoma is if Bradford gets hurt? Muahahaha. Well, I guess if all the QBs KU faces get injured, they have a pretty good chance of going 12-1 again! Better start hatchin' something up to make it happen...

Okay, well nothing is guaranteed, especially in college football. However, there is a STRONG possiblity that KU will lose to Mizzou and Oklahoma. I can't say Mizzou? Really, why not? I'm pretty sure I'm going to anyway. Rivalry game? Yes it is, but Mizzou didn't seem to mind last season, and I think they will let it slide this season too.

Yes, we did see what happens when Bradford gets injured. So the only chance Kansas has against Oklahoma is if Bradford gets hurt? Muahahaha. Well, I guess if all the QBs KU faces get injured, they have a pretty good chance of going 12-1 again! Better start hatchin' something up to make it happen...

OK??? I really don't have a response to that. You really didn't say anything. You still haven't explained why you think MU has a STRONG POSSIBILITY of beating KU and I never said I was banking on every QB to go down this year. Do you even know the teams you're talking about? Or the players we're talking about? I'm going to assume no since your whole intent is to try and down grade everything I write. You're wasting my time.

OK??? I really don't have a response to that. You really didn't say anything. You still haven't explained why you think MU has a STRONG POSSIBILITY of beating KU and I never said I was banking on every QB to go down this year. Do you even know the teams you're talking about? Or the players we're talking about? I'm going to assume no since your whole intent is to try and down grade everything I write. You're wasting my time.

First, I was being sarcastic. You read into my comment about all the QBs getting injured. It was a joke.

Second, Mizzou will be a better team. Plain and simple. Even with Mizzou's average defense last year, Mizzou still had the game well in hand. Well, except for the last quarter or so, but for KU it was too little, too late. There wasn't one time during the game - except the beginning and the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter - where I thought KU was going to post a W.

Mizzou returns QB Heisman finalist, Chase Daniel. He's a field general. He knows how to run the offense and he knows how to adjust. The only D that really had his number last year was Oklahoma. Not much needs to be said about him, nor about Jeremy Maclin, who returns at WR. They also have Alexander and Saunders at the WR position. Alexander missed part of the season with some injury (not sure what), but even so still had 37 grabs for 400 yards. The offense lost Daniel's go-to-guy in Rucker, but they still have Coffman. Coffman is an excellent player. Great at running routes, strong and physical, and can take the ball away from defenders fairly easily with his size. There's not much weakness on the offense. The only thing I notice is that they don't have a solid runner that has proven himself (Temple is gone), but if they are lucky, someone will step up. Don't really know too much about their OL, which is very important, but after watching the games last season, I can't really say it looked like a weakness.

Mizzou's defense wasn't the highlight of the season last year, but it wasn't bad either. Average. Actually, I'm not sure if it was that the defense was average, but maybe it was overlooked more when compared to the offense. DE spot looks to be promising, in my opinion. Stryker Sulak has the explosive speed off the end that gives tackles problems (I use his full name because, well come on, how fun is that to say?). Opposite of Stryker Sulak is Chavis, another quick end who has one year at this level under his belt. Weatherspoon returns at the LB position and so does senior Christopher. Then of course, Moore will return as the FS. He's quick, has great instincts, and I wish he was on Nebraska's team.

I wouldn't say there's too many concerns on offense. Maybe that they don't have a solid, proven runner; but somehow I don't see this offensive train slowing down from that. And while there are some legitimate concerns at the LB spot (namely, the depth problem), there are two returning LB. Unfortunately for Mizzou, the SAM spot is questionable.

Expect an extremely above average offense, and an average, to above average defense. And that is why I think Mizzou will beat Kansas.

Now, I just want to ask you in all seriousness. Knowing your team and the schedule they will be up against this season, what is your legitimate W-L record you came up with? I'm just curious...

First, I was being sarcastic. You read into my comment about all the QBs getting injured. It was a joke.

Second, Mizzou will be a better team. Plain and simple. Even with Mizzou's average defense last year, Mizzou still had the game well in hand. Well, except for the last quarter or so, but for KU it was too little, too late. There wasn't one time during the game - except the beginning and the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter - where I thought KU was going to post a W.

Mizzou returns QB Heisman finalist, Chase Daniel. He's a field general. He knows how to run the offense and he knows how to adjust. The only D that really had his number last year was Oklahoma. Not much needs to be said about him, nor about Jeremy Maclin, who returns at WR. They also have Alexander and Saunders at the WR position. Alexander missed part of the season with some injury (not sure what), but even so still had 37 grabs for 400 yards. The offense lost Daniel's go-to-guy in Rucker, but they still have Coffman. Coffman is an excellent player. Great at running routes, strong and physical, and can take the ball away from defenders fairly easily with his size. There's not much weakness on the offense. The only thing I notice is that they don't have a solid runner that has proven himself (Temple is gone), but if they are lucky, someone will step up. Don't really know too much about their OL, which is very important, but after watching the games last season, I can't really say it looked like a weakness.

Mizzou's defense wasn't the highlight of the season last year, but it wasn't bad either. Average. Actually, I'm not sure if it was that the defense was average, but maybe it was overlooked more when compared to the offense. DE spot looks to be promising, in my opinion. Stryker Sulak has the explosive speed off the end that gives tackles problems (I use his full name because, well come on, how fun is that to say?). Opposite of Stryker Sulak is Chavis, another quick end who has one year at this level under his belt. Weatherspoon returns at the LB position and so does senior Christopher. Then of course, Moore will return as the FS. He's quick, has great instincts, and I wish he was on Nebraska's team.

I wouldn't say there's too many concerns on offense. Maybe that they don't have a solid, proven runner; but somehow I don't see this offensive train slowing down from that. And while there are some legitimate concerns at the LB spot (namely, the depth problem), there are two returning LB. Unfortunately for Mizzou, the SAM spot is questionable.

Expect an extremely above average offense, and an average, to above average defense. And that is why I think Mizzou will beat Kansas.

Now, I just want to ask you in all seriousness. Knowing your team and the schedule they will be up against this season, what is your legitimate W-L record you came up with? I'm just curious...

Fair enough. Your reasoning is legit, I'll give you that. You know more than I gave you credit for, so I take that statement back. I'm glad you're talking football and giving me reasons why you believe what you believe. I respect that.

OK- This may shock you. I truly do not think MU will be better next year. I think they'll be basically the same. No better, no worse. Two claring things that will hurt this team in 2008 is:

1. Offensive Line- They lost 2, actually 3 if you count the departure of Martin Rutker (god, I always spell his name wrong). The two lineman they lost had combined for over 50 starts. They were rock solid leaders that protected Daniel's backside. After watching their Black & Gold scrimmage it looks as though Chase is under more pressure than usual. It's too early to tell, but if he doesn't have the time to throw like he did last year-he will make mistakes.

2. Martin Rucker (geez I know that's spelled wrong) is gone. The kid could flat out play. He accounted for 35% of the MU offense last year by himself, and he was actually a better blocker than anything! He'll be missed greatly. Everyone keeps saying...no JGS30, Chase Coffeman will fill in and they'll be just fine. Not so, Chase isn't even half the blocker that Martin was and Chase is INJURY prone. He has a bad knee and teams will be gunning for it. He's hurt more often than he actually plays. Don't get me wrong, he is good, but I highly doubt he stays healthy for the entire year.

I'm right with you on the defense. A little above average. William Moore-Safety is a complete stud and their LB's are solid. However, they did lose one of their top linebackers in the offseason due to some disciplinary issues. A 2 year starter actually. That probably won't help. I'm with you on the d-line as well. Good group up front...I can't stand Striker! Mainly because he always seems to play great against Kansas.

I will also say that Washington should have a good year at Running back for MU. He is very explosive when he hits the holes and that's the kind of back they need for their spread em out offense. I don't think they'll miss Tony Temple at all. He was a good system back, nothing more. Just like Jon Cornish & Brandon McAnderson were both good "system backs". Nothing more nothing less.

Now to answer your question on KU's season. Let me give you a quick history lesson on how i've done the past 4 years predicting my team's records.

2007- I said KU would go 9-3, they finished 11-1

2006- I said KU would go 7-5, they finished 6-6

2005- I said KU would finish 6-6, they finished 7-5

2004- I said KU would finish 4-7, they finished 4-7

I've been pretty accurate for the most part-accept for last year!! This year I have KU going 10-2. Here's why. They return 9 of 11 starters on defense, along with 5 others who saw significant time over the last 2 years.

In plain english-KU is loaded on defense and has arguably the best linebacker's in the nation with Rivera, Mortenson and Holt. The secondary is deep and experienced-lead by junior safety Darrel Stucky (2 year starter-if you count this year)- Chris Harris at CB- Freshman All-American, and Senior kendrick Harper-who actually beat Chris Harris out last year, but got hurt. Other Safety is Senior Patrick Resby. Very good group of players. Then throw in Justin Thorton-back up saftey, who is probably betetr than Resby, he had a huge game in the Orange Bowl.

The only worry I have is at defensive line-actually not a worry, but I wish we were better. We return our two great defensive ends-John Larson and Russel Brorson-both will be 3 year starters and had a great season last year. Caleb Blakesly returns at defensive tackle, and the new guy RS Freshman Scout team player of the year Richard Johnson Jr. takes the place of James McClinton at the other tackle position.

In my opinion KU is fielding the best defense in the Big 12. Now for the offense.

Todd Reesing is 12-1 as a starter (actually 13-1 if you count the comeback he lead against CU in 2006). Throwing for 3400 yards, 34 td's with only 7 ints. Many had him finishing 8 on Heisman lists-too bad for him they only invite the top 4 to New York. :)

Reesing is surrounded by plenty of weapons at his disposal- 3 Receivers return- Kerry Meir, Dexton Fields (4th year starter), Dezmon Briscoe (another freshman All-American) AKA KU's Weapons of MASS destruction (OK, that is really lame-one of the local radio guys made that comment about them. I think it's dumb.) Then throw in Jonathan Wilson, Rod Harris and True Freshman Daymond Patterson. Very talented group. The loss of Marcus Henry will not hurt this team at all. Think about this-Marcus Henry went into his senior year with 22 catches for 320 yards for his career!! He wasn't even a factor before last year. What does that tell you? It's the system my friend. Fields was the leading receiver from last year and him and Briscoe will be the go to guys, with Meir playing in the slot. Meir gives KU so much more because you don't know if he is going to catch it and throw. He is very talented.

Now for tailback- Jake Sharp Returns, and we picked up the #1 JUCO RB-Jacques Crawford. Go ahead and Youtube his name and watch his highlight videos. The kid is incredible. He is hands down the most talented back KU has had in over a decade now. I can't wait to see him in red and blue.

We lost our two big tackles-3 year starter Caeser Rodriguez and All-American Anthony Collins. Senior Matt Darton will take Caesers place on the right side and BIG 6'6 322 lb redshirt freshman Jeff Spikes will take Collins place. I'm excited about Spikes FINALLY getting his opportunity to play-why do I say finally? Because last year this guy was better than any other lineman KU had!! He is incredible. Mangino said that when it is all said and done Jeff will be the best lineman to EVER play for KU. He has that kind of potential. I watched him in the spring game completely embarass our back up d-lineman.

The one thing that really worries me about KU is the loss of Derek Fine. he was a great fundamental Tight End that was a student of the game. He was a great run blocker and he'll be missed. Tight end is the biggest question mark for the squad. Overall I do think the offense gets better because of the experienced receivers and the new addition of Crawford.

I say 10-2- With losses at OU and either South Florida or Missouri. KU will beat both Texas schools in Lawrence. The game against MU and KU is a toss up. Oh, and the underdog DOES usually win the game, with last year being the exception. KU beat MU in 2003, 04 and 05 as ubderdogs. MU beat KU in 2006 as the underdog and MU beat KU last year as the favorite. You can't just say one will beat the other. That's why they call it a rivalry game. Anything can happen and usually does. Also, before you hand MU the win this year, keep mind that MU was up 28-7 at halftime and only won 36-28. KU held MU to 1 touchdown in the second half because we made the right adjustments. Don't feed into the argument that MU was playing conservative. That's BS. I watched the game and Pinkel was trying to DESTROY KU. We just made great halftime adjustments and shut them down.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk Baby! :koolaid2:

Fair enough. Your reasoning is legit, I'll give you that. You know more than I gave you credit for, so I take that statement back. I'm glad you're talking football and giving me reasons why you believe what you believe. I respect that.

OK- This may shock you. I truly do not think MU will be better next year. I think they'll be basically the same. No better, no worse. Two claring things that will hurt this team in 2008 is:

1. Offensive Line- They lost 2, actually 3 if you count the departure of Martin Rutker (god, I always spell his name wrong). The two lineman they lost had combined for over 50 starts. They were rock solid leaders that protected Daniel's backside. After watching their Black & Gold scrimmage it looks as though Chase is under more pressure than usual. It's too early to tell, but if he doesn't have the time to throw like he did last year-he will make mistakes.

2. Martin Rucker (geez I know that's spelled wrong) is gone. The kid could flat out play. He accounted for 35% of the MU offense last year by himself, and he was actually a better blocker than anything! He'll be missed greatly. Everyone keeps saying...no JGS30, Chase Coffeman will fill in and they'll be just fine. Not so, Chase isn't even half the blocker that Martin was and Chase is INJURY prone. He has a bad knee and teams will be gunning for it. He's hurt more often than he actually plays. Don't get me wrong, he is good, but I highly doubt he stays healthy for the entire year.

I'm right with you on the defense. A little above average. William Moore-Safety is a complete stud and their LB's are solid. However, they did lose one of their top linebackers in the offseason due to some disciplinary issues. A 2 year starter actually. That probably won't help. I'm with you on the d-line as well. Good group up front...I can't stand Striker! Mainly because he always seems to play great against Kansas.

I will also say that Washington should have a good year at Running back for MU. He is very explosive when he hits the holes and that's the kind of back they need for their spread em out offense. I don't think they'll miss Tony Temple at all. He was a good system back, nothing more. Just like Jon Cornish & Brandon McAnderson were both good "system backs". Nothing more nothing less.

Now to answer your question on KU's season. Let me give you a quick history lesson on how i've done the past 4 years predicting my team's records.

2007- I said KU would go 9-3, they finished 11-1

2006- I said KU would go 7-5, they finished 6-6

2005- I said KU would finish 6-6, they finished 7-5

2004- I said KU would finish 4-7, they finished 4-7

I've been pretty accurate for the most part-accept for last year!! This year I have KU going 10-2. Here's why. They return 9 of 11 starters on defense, along with 5 others who saw significant time over the last 2 years.

In plain english-KU is loaded on defense and has arguably the best linebacker's in the nation with Rivera, Mortenson and Holt. The secondary is deep and experienced-lead by junior safety Darrel Stucky (2 year starter-if you count this year)- Chris Harris at CB- Freshman All-American, and Senior kendrick Harper-who actually beat Chris Harris out last year, but got hurt. Other Safety is Senior Patrick Resby. Very good group of players. Then throw in Justin Thorton-back up saftey, who is probably betetr than Resby, he had a huge game in the Orange Bowl.

The only worry I have is at defensive line-actually not a worry, but I wish we were better. We return our two great defensive ends-John Larson and Russel Brorson-both will be 3 year starters and had a great season last year. Caleb Blakesly returns at defensive tackle, and the new guy RS Freshman Scout team player of the year Richard Johnson Jr. takes the place of James McClinton at the other tackle position.

In my opinion KU is fielding the best defense in the Big 12. Now for the offense.

Todd Reesing is 12-1 as a starter (actually 13-1 if you count the comeback he lead against CU in 2006). Throwing for 3400 yards, 34 td's with only 7 ints. Many had him finishing 8 on Heisman lists-too bad for him they only invite the top 4 to New York. :)

Reesing is surrounded by plenty of weapons at his disposal- 3 Receivers return- Kerry Meir, Dexton Fields (4th year starter), Dezmon Briscoe (another freshman All-American) AKA KU's Weapons of MASS destruction (OK, that is really lame-one of the local radio guys made that comment about them. I think it's dumb.) Then throw in Jonathan Wilson, Rod Harris and True Freshman Daymond Patterson. Very talented group. The loss of Marcus Henry will not hurt this team at all. Think about this-Marcus Henry went into his senior year with 22 catches for 320 yards for his career!! He wasn't even a factor before last year. What does that tell you? It's the system my friend. Fields was the leading receiver from last year and him and Briscoe will be the go to guys, with Meir playing in the slot. Meir gives KU so much more because you don't know if he is going to catch it and throw. He is very talented.

Now for tailback- Jake Sharp Returns, and we picked up the #1 JUCO RB-Jacques Crawford. Go ahead and Youtube his name and watch his highlight videos. The kid is incredible. He is hands down the most talented back KU has had in over a decade now. I can't wait to see him in red and blue.

We lost our two big tackles-3 year starter Caeser Rodriguez and All-American Anthony Collins. Senior Matt Darton will take Caesers place on the right side and BIG 6'6 322 lb redshirt freshman Jeff Spikes will take Collins place. I'm excited about Spikes FINALLY getting his opportunity to play-why do I say finally? Because last year this guy was better than any other lineman KU had!! He is incredible. Mangino said that when it is all said and done Jeff will be the best lineman to EVER play for KU. He has that kind of potential. I watched him in the spring game completely embarass our back up d-lineman.

The one thing that really worries me about KU is the loss of Derek Fine. he was a great fundamental Tight End that was a student of the game. He was a great run blocker and he'll be missed. Tight end is the biggest question mark for the squad. Overall I do think the offense gets better because of the experienced receivers and the new addition of Crawford.

I say 10-2- With losses at OU and either South Florida or Missouri. KU will beat both Texas schools in Lawrence. The game against MU and KU is a toss up. Oh, and the underdog DOES usually win the game, with last year being the exception. KU beat MU in 2003, 04 and 05 as ubderdogs. MU beat KU in 2006 as the underdog and MU beat KU last year as the favorite. You can't just say one will beat the other. That's why they call it a rivalry game. Anything can happen and usually does. Also, before you hand MU the win this year, keep mind that MU was up 28-7 at halftime and only won 36-28. KU held MU to 1 touchdown in the second half because we made the right adjustments. Don't feed into the argument that MU was playing conservative. That's BS. I watched the game and Pinkel was trying to DESTROY KU. We just made great halftime adjustments and shut them down.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk Baby! :koolaid2:

Oh yeah...well...uh....your kicking game sucks...:angry: