Any bad experiences at away games?

Missouri. f#*k those idiots.

I think it is an issue of who you are around on a given day. My wife and I were at the Missouri game in 1997 when Matt Davison caught the kicked pass and NU went on to win. At that game the Mu fans were beyond nice to us --- it was a total pleasure hanging with the Tiger fans. they were great to us.

So, I'd guess a group of fans with too much alcohol or just that classic belligerent butt head can, as the minority, make the fan base look really bad. People are people. Generally though, the MU fans have always struck me as fine.

I had the unfortunate experience of being at CU stadium in 01. My buddy convinced me to leave Lincoln at Midnight the night before the game. We thought it would be glorious but obviously not the case. The fans were true to form in being less than cordial and I had to dodge a number of projectile (most soda bottles). Anyway it was pretty terrible and the ride home was long and depressing.

I think it is an issue of who you are around on a given day. My wife and I were at the Missouri game in 1997 when Matt Davison caught the kicked pass and NU went on to win. At that game the Mu fans were beyond nice to us --- it was a total pleasure hanging with the Tiger fans. they were great to us.

So, I'd guess a group of fans with too much alcohol or just that classic belligerent butt head can, as the minority, make the fan base look really bad. People are people. Generally though, the MU fans have always struck me as fine.

I have heard of others having good experiences from 97, but have not heard of many good reports from 2003, 2005 or 2007(I am glad I decided to skip that one). In Ames, I went to the game there in 02, and it was not a great experience, but in 04, it was a different story.

This thread's been up for a few days now, and while my precious Colorado Buffaloes have gotten a couple of half hearted mentions, we haven't gotten the usual "my girlfriend got thrown down a flight of stairs and then Bill McCartney personally peed on her while slashing the tires on my car" treatment...

What, are we losing our touch?? :lol:

This thread's been up for a few days now, and while my precious Colorado Buffaloes have gotten a couple of half hearted mentions, we haven't gotten the usual "my girlfriend got thrown down a flight of stairs and then Bill McCartney personally peed on her while slashing the tires on my car" treatment...

Hopefully.... ;);)

Colorado by far. I was at the game Ross's senior year where the student section wouldn't stop throwing stuff on the feild and they had to keep taking breaks to clean it up

There was one time in Lawrence with KU in 05 when they beat us, the KU fans were real jerks, but other than that they were great.

We had some folks who could not handle their pent up frustration...

Hopefully.... ;);)

I heard the sale of Alchohol was stopped at games at CU finally, is that so? I had heard awful things, but I went out last year (Tickets bought that summer, b4 bandwagon accusations fly), people were ok, not nice, but not awful at least.

I heard the sale of Alchohol was stopped at games at CU finally, is that so? I had heard awful things, but I went out last year (Tickets bought that summer, b4 bandwagon accusations fly), people were ok, not nice, but not awful at least.

Oh, they haven't sold beer at Folsom for years... probably over a decade by now (they don't even serve alcohol at Mile High Stadium when the Buffs play the Rams there early in the year). Kids really can't get away with anything in the student section at CU anymore - a couple of years ago some buddies of mine that were sitting with the students got caught drinking out of a flask that they'd tucked inside a glove (that trick used to work like a charm when I was in school ;) ). The impressive thing though is that they weren't spotted by the crowd control/security guys nearby, they were caught by security up above the luxury boxes who had apparently either been watching them with through binoculars or with surveillance cameras.

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about the whole thing... it's nice to see this bad rep CU's had start to go away, but I feel like they've taken things a bit too far... :hmmph

outside a few random students, i had no problem. and thats saying something seein it was me and another frosh in college this past year down there. and the problems were more just they were hammered and yelling.

the best trip i've ever had had to be up to Pitt.. had a blast up there. then again, walking to the hotel in a hurricane after landing from the airport could of been part of the reason it was so fun. plus the fact the entire area was flooded, and yea. i had a blast. hahah. plus, no problems.

Hopefully.... ;);)

Didn't all schools have to stop the sale of alcohol when the Big 12 was formed? I believe that I read somewhere with the inception of the Big 12 alcohol was not permitted at any games by any Big 12 schools.

Colorado by far. I was at the game Ross's senior year where the student section wouldn't stop throwing stuff on the feild and they had to keep taking breaks to clean it up

There was one time in Lawrence with KU in 05 when they beat us, the KU fans were real jerks, but other than that they were great.

We had some folks who could not handle their pent up frustration...

You still do.

I was at the KU game last year and we couldn't go one block without some drunk dipsh*t yelling profanities at us. As the game got really out of hand in the second half, it got progressively worse. Lots of idiots felt the need to rub it in as we walked away from the stadium.

sh#t talking is one thing, but this was just ridiculous.