Any bad experiences at away games?

I heard the sale of Alchohol was stopped at games at CU finally, is that so? I had heard awful things, but I went out last year (Tickets bought that summer, b4 bandwagon accusations fly), people were ok, not nice, but not awful at least.

They stopped selling beer at Folsom in 1996. The luxury boxes sell beer though.

They don't sell it, they just stock it. Can't leave the luxury boxes with beer though, so there's no way to get it to fans in the general admission areas.

They still have the "Hemp On A Stick" booths though don't they?

Good experiences: L.S.U.- Let my group tailgate with them.

T.A.M.U. - Very nice

Duke- J.K. they have no fans

Bad experiences: Florida- hate em

West Virginia- Hate having batteries thrown at you, having beer bottles thrown at you, and tipping the porta john over when your taking a dumb(didn't happen to me, but happened to another fan)

Kansas- (Their fans at the bowl game were A$$ holes)

U.N.C.- (Bunch of rich pricks)

Colorado is playing West Virginia, right? That game is gonna be brawl city.

Never been to any away games but this year at the KSU game, pretty much every fan in purple yelled about how much of an ass kicking we would be getting that day and that Josh Freeman would show us why he decided not to come here. Let's just say, the walk back to the car was a little more quieter, from the Kittycat fans at least. However, some of my friends made the trip for the 2006 B12 title game and had no problems with OU fans.

• 2 weeks later...

like many have said it goes both ways for sure. I will say this about the gentleman that had a bad experiance at Mizzou. I am sorry about that. Messing with someones car is taking it to far.

I will say this though, i was at last years game. In a mizzou section with friends ( i am a mizzou fan) and about 10 guys, all husker fans took their seats. They ran their mouths for a good 30 mins before the game. held up signs about how mizzou sucks. everyother word was a curse word. Then the game started. They shut up and tried to pick fights when MU fans razzed them a little. And nothing more than just a little playful banter.

I guess my point is, although messing with your car was taking it too far. Be AWARE that #1- you are on a college campus. MU - 35,000 18-22 year olds. #2- I am sure you were in full gear, had your car decked out, so on and so forth. You will get razzed at all most any opponent school.

for me, my worst experiances have been with husker fans. Ussually 30 years and younger. The classiest fan moniker is BS. BTW - who in the hell wants to have someone pat you on the back smilling saying "maybe next year" when the Huskers left in their first team the entire game and won by 50. Nobody does. Thats why when their team gets you, all that pent up anger comes out. Only when NU has been involved has I ever been afraid that I might not be safe. Nothing like having "Joe Husker" follow you to the pisser with 5 of his redneck friends.

Every team has its fair share, and ussually the person getting razed is not fully innocent. I know when people mouthed me, I said stuff back. But the only fans I have seen blantenly go after each other for nothing is KU & MU fans. You want to hear some nasty stuff, wear MU gear and walk to your seat from the car at Allen Fieldhouse during a MU/KU BBall game. WOW, sailers go home and wash their mouths out after that one

State College in '02 was a poor experience from the start. Just driving through town in the morning before the game garnered middle fingers and profanity galore. Going into the game was an adventure in itself as those in blue decided that we in red had to wait until they entered the stadium before we could, not to mention the parking guy trying to charge us twice what the parking was worth. We almost had to get out of the car and approach this guy physically before he'd give in.

There were the expected boos and other jabs, but I've never heard so much profanity in my life - kids under 10 and old ladies alike. During the game, it wasn't so bad, as long as I didn't audibly cheer for the Huskers (not that there was that much to cheer for). When Lord broke a long one, I stood up to cheer and was pelted by various projectiles from all directions. At the start of the 4th, my brother and I had to leave because he was seriously afraid for his life (yes, he's a wimp). Earlier he'd been struck in the leg by an errant horseshoe. I'd like to say it was a bad throw, but there wasn't a horseshoe game in sight. As we left, we were spit on and dodged FULL beer cans thrown at us. Right before we got out of that hell hole, there was one belligerent drunk man who positioned himself about 3 inches from my face and screamed "YOU SUCK." He would not move out of my way. I finally balled up my fist to lay into his face, but he moved.

We drove all the way back to Norfolk, VA where I boarded a flight back to Texas (where I lived at the time), and the freaking airport security searched me because they thought it was strange a Husker fan was on board. Good God what a horrible weekend.

For anyone who wants to oppose the "traditional" label of a schools fans (To us Huskers, something such as Nebraska has good fans, while Colorado isn't quite as classy), you are being completely ignorant to think you are proving anything, you are just stating the obvious.

Example. Nebraska has a well known reputation of having pretty decent fans. Some people in this thread have said our label of having good fans is BS. Lets give sample size a little consideration here. You are judging your experiences off of one game in one section of the stadium. If you think you're one experience is a true reflection upon the nature of our fan base, then well....you're stupid.

I'm not even trying to defend Nebraska here, same goes for any other school and it goes both ways. I live in Iowa. I hear they have pretty good fans. The fans i know are ranting immature lunatics. Does that mean they all are like that and i should spread the word because i know 5 bums? No.

Fans used to winning are usually the best to be around. Mizzou not used to winning, so they acted like a bunch of rednecks going to a lynching. Kansas, were great people until they finally snapped their losing streak and now act as if they were the ones with the 39 game win streak. Iowa State, all in all some of the finest fans in the Big 12!