Bill Callahan Breaks his Silence

i will not say a bad word about cosgrove or callahan. they came to lincoln, tried it there way and it didn't work out.

would i have given callahan more time as coach? i dunno. maybe. but then, i would have also given solich more time too.

that's just how i roll, yo.

true, if we had to do it all over again, Solich would have been given 2 more years. although he was a poor recruiter and had a lack of imagination, he was slowly making changes here.....water over the damn though, so speculation is irrelevant, but i will say, callahan's style was a total mismatch.

true, if we had to do it all over again, Solich would have been given 2 more years. although he was a poor recruiter and had a lack of imagination, he was slowly making changes here.....water over the damn though, so speculation is irrelevant, but i will say, callahan's style was a total mismatch.

I was OK, not thrilled, with cally. Offense did its job for the most part, but he was WAY too loyal to cosgrove. After a couple of seasons, or at least 1/2 way through last season, callahan should have fired him

I agree with some previous posters: the thread subject was highly misleading. I was under the impression that when I clicked it, I would be reading about his comments on the Nebraska situation, but that was definitely not the case.

The summary was........weird. The little pieces of the actual article that did mention Nebraska, were not even mentioned in the summary. I don't really care what he is doing in New York, how detailed he is, or that he listens to classical music. I don't know, I just thought it was kind of an awkward summary I guess. And the actual article was a disappointment too.

Just my two cents though...

He missed chance to change things up when TO took over and show that PUD was the real problem. His my way or the highway attitude did him in.

Callahan may be taking all the heat, but I would share a lot of it with PUD. He did as much to drag down the program as anyone. IMHO.

GBR!!!