What are the chances Game Day comes to Lincoln this year?

I think our best chance is for the va tech game as it has been rated high among the nonconference games in the country and the schedule for that day elsewhere around the country is not too strong. And our showing last year could only help I think. I reeeallly hope they come back it was so fun last year.

Looking at this preseason I'd have to say that VA Tech is our only chance, but if NU and Mizzou are both undefeated then maybe game day would come given their season last year. NU v KU might have a chance if we both somehow end up undefeated when we meet.

No chance in he double hocky sticks.

VaTech is not a National game, Missouri won't be either.

Kansas, if both are undefeated at the time is about the only one I see happening. Longest rivalry, Kansas not winning in Lincoln for ever and a day. But the likely hood of us being undefeated that late in the season is not likely.

You will just have to hate from afar my friends, Game day is not coming to Nebraska, most likely for quite awhile.

Kansas, if both are undefeated at the time is about the only one I see happening. Longest rivalry, Kansas not winning in Lincoln for ever and a day. But the likely hood of us being undefeated that late in the season is not likely.

You will just have to hate from afar my friends, Game day is not coming to Nebraska, most likely for quite awhile.

Gameday isn't coming this year? Oh... :: puts away Kirk Herbstreit bear trap ::

Gameday isn't coming this year? Oh... :: puts away Kirk Herbstreit bear trap ::

HA!

IF Nebraska goes 4-0 before playing Virginia Tech and Virginia Tech goes undefeated before the game, then I could see College Game Day in Lincoln. If we'd then BEAT Virginia Tech, Nebraska will break into the Top 25 too. I have a feeling Nebraska is going to be the sleeper team this year. Nobody expects much from Nebraska and Nebraska is going to be like a caged beast ready to break loose and be on the hunt for fresh meat.

Gameday normally goes to the National telecast for the day. We are not being nationally broadcast no matter either of our win loss records. That has already been decided.

If we happen to beat them, there is a slight chance that the Missouri game could be a gameday deal, but highly unlikely. Not enough interest nationwide. Oklahoma is the only chance that I see realistically. But the only chance of them coming here is Kansas, and I seriously doubt either of us will be undefeated by then.

Gameday normally goes to the National telecast for the day. We are not being nationally broadcast no matter either of our win loss records. That has already been decided.

If we happen to beat them, there is a slight chance that the Missouri game could be a gameday deal, but highly unlikely. Not enough interest nationwide. Oklahoma is the only chance that I see realistically. But the only chance of them coming here is Kansas, and I seriously doubt either of us will be undefeated by then.

Dang, Skers.

Not to complain, but did your glum predictions for last season make it any easier to live through?

IF Nebraska goes 4-0 before playing Virginia Tech and Virginia Tech goes undefeated before the game, then I could see College Game Day in Lincoln. If we'd then BEAT Virginia Tech, Nebraska will break into the Top 25 too. I have a feeling Nebraska is going to be the sleeper team this year. Nobody expects much from Nebraska and Nebraska is going to be like a caged beast ready to break loose and be on the hunt for fresh meat.

they aren't going to come to an unranked team anyway......

slim to none...

undefeated miz @ nu. - even not likely at that

1 loss combined b/w ku @ nu..

only way.....

Go back and look at my predictions for the last 5-6 years. I would guess I am a lot closer to what happened than not.

I look at things how they are, not how I want them to be. I try to take into consideration changes, upgrades, injuries, personal attributes.

This year I am at a loss at this point. I do not know what we have as far as moral. Can Bo get the kids on board that had problems last year with motivation, drive and heart.

And I do not think any of us will have a clue until we see them play a team with a pulse, that being VaTech. AFter the VaTech game we will know what we have. Bo just saying everyone is on board means little to me. What else would he say, what else would the kids say? The proof is in pudding. Last year was more than a 5-7 season. It set a trend of quitting, not believing, lack of loyalty. It is pretty hard to change that without playing the games. Talk is cheap.

I think Bo can do the job, but I think some are expecting way too much from him this year. He is great DC when he has great talent. Whether he is great HC will not be determined for a couple of years at least.

My concerns go back to the type of kids recruited by BC. They were not recruited to be NEBRASKA football players, they were recruited for the quickest trip to the NFL. Osborne and Solich recruited Nebraska heart.

I have had that concern since day one with BC. My question now is the heart truly there to give it all or are they just wanting a pay check down the road. You need top talent, and in my mind he never really got top talent, a rung below, but what he did not recruit was living to be a Husker. That is what this team needs and I think Bo will find that, but I do not think there is a lot of it on this team at this time.

JMHO