What are the chances Game Day comes to Lincoln this year?

Go back and look at my predictions for the last 5-6 years. I would guess I am a lot closer to what happened than not.

I look at things how they are, not how I want them to be. I try to take into consideration changes, upgrades, injuries, personal attributes.

This year I am at a loss at this point. I do not know what we have as far as moral. Can Bo get the kids on board that had problems last year with motivation, drive and heart.

And I do not think any of us will have a clue until we see them play a team with a pulse, that being VaTech. AFter the VaTech game we will know what we have. Bo just saying everyone is on board means little to me. What else would he say, what else would the kids say? The proof is in pudding. Last year was more than a 5-7 season. It set a trend of quitting, not believing, lack of loyalty. It is pretty hard to change that without playing the games. Talk is cheap.

I think Bo can do the job, but I think some are expecting way too much from him this year. He is great DC when he has great talent. Whether he is great HC will not be determined for a couple of years at least.

My concerns go back to the type of kids recruited by BC. They were not recruited to be NEBRASKA football players, they were recruited for the quickest trip to the NFL. Osborne and Solich recruited Nebraska heart.

I have had that concern since day one with BC. My question now is the heart truly there to give it all or are they just wanting a pay check down the road. You need top talent, and in my mind he never really got top talent, a rung below, but what he did not recruit was living to be a Husker. That is what this team needs and I think Bo will find that, but I do not think there is a lot of it on this team at this time.

JMHO

what skers is saying....there will be growing pains and this will take time............

I think our best chance is for the va tech game as it has been rated high among the nonconference games in the country and the schedule for that day elsewhere around the country is not too strong. And our showing last year could only help I think. I reeeallly hope they come back it was so fun last year.

Well, if both teams are undefeated, Gameday might come for the VT game, but I'd have to think there will be a more enticing/significant game for them to go to at that time.

Now, if we win that one, I think there's a better chance of them coming to the Miz-ZOO game for all the obvious reasons including the fact that MIz-zoo will most likely be carrying a high ranking.

KU is also a possibility, but the NU game I think they would most likely come to is vs OU--b cuz of the history-- should NE be having an unexpectedly good season. Too bad that would be in Norman.

I think NE will have to be undefeated going into any of those games to make Gameday give them a look. :cowbell: But because of the big USC letdown last year, I don't think NE is much in their minds at this point.

There is no way they come for the VT game. After the season we had last year, and who else will be playing that weekend.

Tenn at Auburn. 'Bama at Georgia. Wisc at Mich. Illinois at Penn. Hell TCU at OU or CU at FSU will get it before it comes here. My money says Gameday is at Tenn vs Auburn.

There are two very outside shots. The MU game, if both are 4-0. That week also has ASU at Cal, which has better odds of getting it.

Or the KU game, if both are undefeated. And as we play OU and TT before hand, that isnt happening.

If the big red can beat VT and we are undefeated when Daniels and Missouri comes to town I think we might have a shot, other then that If we beat VT and Mizzou then they might be at the Tech game but noty here not this season.

i'm thinking mizzou at nebraska is gonna get on tv regardless.

but that's just me.

There is no way they come for the VT game. After the season we had last year, and who else will be playing that weekend.

Tenn at Auburn. 'Bama at Georgia. Wisc at Mich. Illinois at Penn. Hell TCU at OU or CU at FSU will get it before it comes here. My money says Gameday is at Tenn vs Auburn.

There are two very outside shots. The MU game, if both are 4-0. That week also has ASU at Cal, which has better odds of getting it.

Or the KU game, if both are undefeated. And as we play OU and TT before hand, that isnt happening.

Gotta go with 'Bama at Georgia for a couple reasons: 1) Some people 'think' Georgia will win the NC and 2) ESPN has a hard-on for the SEC (though that it includes Tenn at Auburn) and the Saban vs Richt "saga" will be too hard to pass up

Go back and look at my predictions for the last 5-6 years. I would guess I am a lot closer to what happened than not.

I look at things how they are, not how I want them to be. I try to take into consideration changes, upgrades, injuries, personal attributes.

This year I am at a loss at this point. I do not know what we have as far as moral. Can Bo get the kids on board that had problems last year with motivation, drive and heart.

And I do not think any of us will have a clue until we see them play a team with a pulse, that being VaTech. AFter the VaTech game we will know what we have. Bo just saying everyone is on board means little to me. What else would he say, what else would the kids say? The proof is in pudding. Last year was more than a 5-7 season. It set a trend of quitting, not believing, lack of loyalty. It is pretty hard to change that without playing the games. Talk is cheap.

I think Bo can do the job, but I think some are expecting way too much from him this year. He is great DC when he has great talent. Whether he is great HC will not be determined for a couple of years at least.

My concerns go back to the type of kids recruited by BC. They were not recruited to be NEBRASKA football players, they were recruited for the quickest trip to the NFL. Osborne and Solich recruited Nebraska heart.

I have had that concern since day one with BC. My question now is the heart truly there to give it all or are they just wanting a pay check down the road. You need top talent, and in my mind he never really got top talent, a rung below, but what he did not recruit was living to be a Husker. That is what this team needs and I think Bo will find that, but I do not think there is a lot of it on this team at this time.

JMHO

No, I'm not saying your predictions are (or were) wrong, just wondering out loud if being right made the results easier to take.

I used to be pretty much Pessimistic about most things..Thinking, "Hope for the best, but expect the worst" so I wouldn't be dissapointed...But sometimes I still get dissapointed..I've been trying to change that attitude most my life..Especially since my Son was born (4/05/01).

I know what we write here hopefully won't affect the team**, but I would think as a coach "of Olympic athletes"? a positive attitude would work wonders with your athletes.

Also, you pretty much say in most of your posts, that we won't know anything about our team until we play the mighty Virginia Tech..(If the search function worked on this site, I bet I could find over 30 threads where you stated that at least once).

I feel that's a slight to the teams we play before them..After the seasons we've had lately, not even Directional Michigan schools are a gimme.

While it's true we can tell the most about our team in defeat, there's still a lot of stuff we can learn about them when they win close games with Ball State.

I feel even Callahan's recruits (Maybe especially Callahan's recruits) can have a major change in attitude with the right coaching..They just have to "buy in" to the game plan each week and play for each other..It's a simple concept.

It's gonna be nice to have a game plan that allows for adjustments..And much easier to "buy in" to.

Your statement of your credo? "I look at things how they are, not how I want them to be" reminds me of a speech I vaguely remember by a Kennedy...

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" -R.F. Kennedy

------------------------------------

**Husker senior quarterback Beau Davis said he used to get on the Internet to see what people were saying early in his career, but no longer does.

“It can really hurt a kid’s self-confidence if he goes on there and he finds that these people are talking crap about me on the message board. It’s just the type of thing that an 18-year-old doesn’t need to hear,” .

I think our best chance is for the va tech game as it has been rated high among the nonconference games in the country and the schedule for that day elsewhere around the country is not too strong. And our showing last year could only help I think. I reeeallly hope they come back it was so fun last year.

Looking at past games, it appears they tend to pick games in which both teams are ranked (unless some special circumstance intervenes like last years Va. Tech opening game). In the week of September 27th, I don't see too much in the way of ranked match ups:

#17 Tennessee at #11 Auburn

#25 Alabama at #1 Georgia

#18 Illinois at #24 Penn State (night game)

Did I miss any?

He are other potentially interesting match ups if they do not pick above or Nebraska v Va. Tech:

#16 Wisconsin at Michigan (unranked but if they win their first 3...)

TCU (unranked) at #3 Oklahoma

Maryland (unranked) at #7 Clemson

#16 Oregon at Washington State (unranked)

#23 Fresno State at UCLA (unranked)

Colorado at Florida State (both unranked, but if they win their first ...)

(OK mildly interesting. If not for Nebraska Va. Tech, I'm cleaning out my garage this weekend.)

Seems like one of the SEC match ups would be the choice. Though if Illinois and Penn State are both undefeated (unlikely), that could jump up.

**Husker senior quarterback Beau Davis said he used to get on the Internet to see what people were saying early in his career, but no longer does.

“It can really hurt a kid’s self-confidence if he goes on there and he finds that these people are talking crap about me on the message board. It’s just the type of thing that an 18-year-old doesn’t need to hear,” .

i hope you people are happy.

stoopid internets people.

i hope you people are happy.

stoopid internets people.

It's Al Gore's fault.