Cody Glenn

Not that I really want to start or fuel a discussion about the previous staff, but it seems that this sort of thing happened more than it should. There seemed to be a lot of dissatisfaction that stemmed from more than just losing games. I think Pelini says what he means and means what he says. Hopefully that's the law of the land from here on.

I agree. The Cally era was so fraught with missteps (treatment of certain players, only allowing players on the 2-deep to warm up), it's hard to fathom how 2005 ended so well.

Then again, Cally's boss was Darth Vader.

People are down on this move because it means bad things about our linebacker corps. What does it say if a three-year, injury plagued running back makes the switch and quickly ends up as a #1 linebacker?

More than anything, that screams, "the linebackers we had were pretty bad."

Which means trouble for us this season, unless Cody proves everyone wrong, which is what he's saying he's got to do - he has a lot to prove.

I disagree.

If any of you have played both ways, you know it's almost always easier to learn the Defense than the Offense. (Why the Defense is always ahead of the Offense durring Spring drills).

Especially Linebacker, 90% of it is instinct.

I was never smart enough to learn more than a few dozen plays on Offense, but at LB, I was able to play right away and "pin my ears back"...

It's sorta like Dancing..Most of us can fake it by just mastering the "White mans overbite" and step side to side to the beat of the music (Defensive Dancing), But how many of us could learn to Ballroom dance? Or Worse..Disco Dance??? (Offensive even on One Left Foot).

Could you imagine if Cody was trying to switch from LB to RB in only one year? Learn all the formations, pass patterns, holes, and blocking techniques?

It's not like he's been out of Football for 3 years...No matter how many carries he didn't get last year.

In college ball, there's more to learn on D..But the most important thing is the athletic ability..You can learn the nuances of different pass defenses as you go.

People are down on this move because it means bad things about our linebacker corps. What does it say if a three-year, injury plagued running back makes the switch and quickly ends up as a #1 linebacker?

More than anything, that screams, "the linebackers we had were pretty bad."

Which means trouble for us this season, unless Cody proves everyone wrong, which is what he's saying he's got to do - he has a lot to prove.

I disagree.

If any of you have played both ways, you know it's almost always easier to learn the Defense than the Offense. (Why the Defense is always ahead of the Offense durring Spring drills).

Especially Linebacker, 90% of it is instinct.

I was never smart enough to learn more than a few dozen plays on Offense, but at LB, I was able to play right away and "pin my ears back"...

It's sorta like Dancing..Most of us can fake it by just mastering the "White mans overbite" and step side to side to the beat of the music (Defensive Dancing), But how many of us could learn to Ballroom dance? Or Worse..Disco Dance??? (Offensive even on One Left Foot).

Could you imagine if Cody was trying to switch from LB to RB in only one year? Learn all the formations, pass patterns, holes, and blocking techniques?

It's not like he's been out of Football for 3 years...No matter how many carries he didn't get last year.

In college ball, there's more to learn on D..But the most important thing is the athletic ability..You can learn the nuances of different pass defenses as you go.

I kind of agree with this, you see converted linebackers all the time, and often you see them starting or starring having played a different position the previous year. I want to say this was the case with one of Auburn's LB's when we played them in the Cotton Bowl, and didn't ISU have at least one last year or the year before? That's just off the top of my head.

I kind of agree with this, you see converted linebackers all the time, and often you see them starting or starring having played a different position the previous year. I want to say this was the case with one of Auburn's LB's when we played them in the Cotton Bowl, and didn't ISU have at least one last year or the year before? That's just off the top of my head.

Utah apparently has a converted kicker playing LB.

Anyway Cody is a apparently a good kid who has been through a lot and deserves a shot, and if he's not good enough, maybe Will Compton can start.

Utah apparently has a converted kicker playing LB.

Anyway Cody is a apparently a good kid who has been through a lot and deserves a shot, and if he's not good enough, maybe Will Compton can start.

Didn't we used to have a kicker from Vermillion? SD that played LB in highschool and was always begging the coaches to put him in on D?

Kevin Seibel? or something?

i think he's gonna make the transition just fine...

1) it's the Pelinis and Ekeler coachin him up

2) we all know he's a heavy hitter and loves contact

3) he's got 3 games to get ready for VT and they're all at home

4) Washington will push him and make him better

5) his attitude and dedication seem to be pretty good

he'll be fine and I can't wait to see this beast in action !

• 3 weeks later...

when i first heard that cody was going to be a LB i was like :wtf

after reading this i understood why

Last Updated:8/7/2008 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

Evaluation / Notes On the Trail / Features

Status

Verbal

Scouts Grade

Also Considered:

Evaluation

On the hoof, Green looks about as good as anybody in this class physically. He is big, rangy and very athletic with long arms and legs. Looks like Terrelle Pryor in terms of measurables. However, we are not convinced he will remain at quarterback at the next level and may be better suited as a wide receiver, H-back or possibly find a home on defense. Right now he is more advanced as a runner and athlete than he is as a passer. Is a smooth, long striding prospect that shows good initial quickness and escape-ability in the pocket. Works out of the shotgun and is an ideal read-option player. Covers a lot of grass with each stride and is a galloper that shows good elusiveness and change-of-direction skills in the open field and once in space is capable of building speed and creating big running plays for this offense. As a passer, Green has a very awkward delivery and throwing motion. Throws with a lot of torque, winds quickly and really comes over-the-top and downward with what appears to be a lot of power. He can get rid of the ball quickly, but it may not always be pretty. Throws very well on the run to both sides and shows the arm strength to make most of the necessary throws from within the pocket. Has the size to see the field, but must develop more patience and timing as a passer. Throws off his back foot and his feet are not always set and balanced. He's often caught between getting ready to run and then deciding to throw even when he could stand in and deliver. Must develop into a quarterback and passer and not be an athlete playing quarterback. Overall, Green has loads of physical tools and could play a lot of different positions and it will come down to whether or not schools truly are willing to commit to him under center or move him to another skill spot.

Notes

Plans to graduate from high school early and enroll in college in January 2009 (BullDawgJunction.com). 2007: Only played in two games due to torn ankle ligaments. Also recruited by Purdue, Stanford, Boston College, Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, Mississippi State, Texas Tech...

:koolaid2: If you read the article above I feel that Glenn will be looked at as an athlete. QB/LB would not be the best positions for him. I think that he's the next Randy Moss cause it sounds like he's tall & quick and would be a great future target for Kody Spano. That's my 2 cents worth and I'm sticking to it.[/b]