Just gotta love those fair weather fans huh?

I was walking around at the mall on 56th and O streets the other day and its sad to see how many more MISSOURI shirts and hats I see walking around the mall as if I were in Columbia, but then again its not only Missouri. A few years ago it was TEXAS, and before that it was USC....getting pretty annoying to see the younger fan base like 17 - 25 years old (that I'm in) wearing other teams colors. Heck I've been seeing alot more Kansas stuff than usual. Kind of disgraceful if you ask me.....oh well just thought I needed to vent.

I was walking around at the mall on 56th and O streets the other day and its sad to see how many more MISSOURI shirts and hats I see walking around the mall as if I were in Columbia, but then again its not only Missouri. A few years ago it was TEXAS, and before that it was USC....getting pretty annoying to see the younger fan base like 17 - 25 years old (that I'm in) wearing other teams colors. Heck I've been seeing alot more Kansas stuff than usual. Kind of disgraceful if you ask me.....oh well just thought I needed to vent.

That was me. I move REALLY fast.... so fast I look like a crowd.

I can't speak for those people, who very well maybe fair weahter fans, but as a MU fan living in omaha, it has become MUCH easier to get your hands on MU gear in Omaha. Up untill this last year the only way I could get new stuff was online or when I made trips to KC. Hell now I can go to Oakview or Westroads and pick up my tiger gear.

Plus in general its easier to support your team when they win. I.E. my many husker friends that no longer sport their Nebraska gear on a DAILY basis. They still have it and wear it but with MUCH less frequency

I don't know how closely this relates to this topic but.. I've got to say that I've never been a hardcore NBA fan but I loved the Kings over the early 2000's.. Peja, Bibby, Christy, Webber, etc.. but after they systematically dismantled that team, I don't have much love for the Kings anymore.. I don't really pay attention to NBA anymore.

The point being, I guess, that it is possible to be a fan of a team (read: the players that make up that team) rather than a fan of the franchise/organization/school.

As far as seeing MU/KU/UT/USC/etc.. fans out-and-about in Omaha/Lincoln/Wherever... well first of all they could possibly BE from that state, and it's alot easier to wear out-of-state school gear when they are doing well.

The only way I have a problem is when they switch teams every couple years according to who is the most popular at the time.. and even then, hey they're still enjoying sports aren't they, yeah maybe they're not dedicated but... I guess if you have to be a "fan" of the best team every year... to each their own as they say.

Speaking of gear, it is interesting and not a good thing at all --- but, national jersey vendors (sports gear vendors) who put out catalogs to a national audience no longer offer Nebraka gear. They still do ND, Tennessee, NC, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, Bama, Florida, Michigan, etc. But after decades of always having Husker gear available, that no longer is the case.

One more sign of the time.

Ya gotta think in the Mid 90s though there were Husker "fans" everywhere. Its all cyclical.

I agree. When I was a kid, I had an OU sweatshirt that I wore occasionally. My brother had a CU shirt or two that he occasionally wore. It goes in cycles. When Nebraska isn't playing, I always cheer for the other Big 12 teams with the exception of Texas. In bowl games, I always cheer for the other Big 12 teams. Maybe it's beause I live so close to both Kansas and Colorado, but I don't share the same hatred towards them as some on here do. Heck, I even owned a KState shirt when I was in college which was during the NC run because I admired the job Snyder had done down there.

Where's the novelty in wearing Nebraska stuff in Nebraska?

I wear it out here to attract attention from other displaced Huskers..Sometimes I'll even get an occasional Sooner come up to me and reminisce about past games.

I wear ASU stuff whenever I go back to Nebraska..I can't believe how many semi-hot Chicks came up to me at P.O.Pears last time I was home, asking if I lived in AZ.

Shy (ugly) people like me need icebreakers for people to notice us.

Today, I'm wearing a (W.Moon) Vikings jersey at work and already had someone ask if I was a fan..(I usually only watch teams that have former Huskers on the roster).

I replied, No, I just bought the shirt for a couple bucks at a garage sale, and I don't want to ruin my good (Husker) stuff.

TheKiD wrote:

The only way I have a problem is when they switch teams every couple years according to who is the most popular at the time.. .

Maybe not the most popular, but who has the most former Huskers. I used to like the Rams (Feragamo), then the Patriots (Fryer), then the49ers (Rathman/Craig), then the Packers (Green), then the anti-Jets (coach-whose-name-is-not-to-be-mentioned)

Today, I'm wearing a (W.Moon) Vikings jersey at work and already had someone ask if I was a fan..(I usually only watch teams that have former Huskers on the roster).

Not wearing a (B.Favre) Vikings jersey?

favre%20viking.jpg

My favorite is to wear my Huskers gear to an ASU game. As they all yell. 19-0. Then i say how many national championships...they all quiet down.

I only go to those games because my friend has tickets...but even then i am true and true to the Huskers. I will convert my wife eventually.

Where's the novelty in wearing Nebraska stuff in Nebraska?

I wear it out here to attract attention from other displaced Huskers..Sometimes I'll even get an occasional Sooner come up to me and reminisce about past games.

I wear ASU stuff whenever I go back to Nebraska..I can't believe how many semi-hot Chicks came up to me at P.O.Pears last time I was home, asking if I lived in AZ.

Shy (ugly) people like me need icebreakers for people to notice us.

I replied, No, I just bought the shirt for a couple bucks at a garage sale, and I don't want to ruin my good (Husker) stuff.

Your post about wearing ASU stuff here in Nebraska reminded me of my trip I took to Rapid City not long ago....we stopped in Chadron and I was wearing a Padres shirt and the guy at a C-store in Chadron asked me if I was from San Diego....I just laughed and said no. I guess I understand that some people would think you are from that place seeing you wear it.

I can't speak for those people, who very well maybe fair weahter fans, but as a MU fan living in omaha, it has become MUCH easier to get your hands on MU gear in Omaha. Up untill this last year the only way I could get new stuff was online or when I made trips to KC. Hell now I can go to Oakview or Westroads and pick up my tiger gear.

Plus in general its easier to support your team when they win. I.E. my many husker friends that no longer sport their Nebraska gear on a DAILY basis. They still have it and wear it but with MUCH less frequency

Blasphemy.. Damn it.

I wear Husker gear probably 3 to 5 days a week not counting the two new white caps that are clean as hell that I bought at Huskergear.com (Selfish promo) ;)

Im 20 miles from freaking Norman. :box

TheKiD wrote:

The only way I have a problem is when they switch teams every couple years according to who is the most popular at the time.. .

Maybe not the most popular, but who has the most former Huskers. I used to like the Rams (Feragamo), then the Patriots (Fryer), then the49ers (Rathman/Craig), then the Packers (Green), then the anti-Jets (coach-whose-name-is-not-to-be-mentioned)

Not wearing a (B.Favre) Vikings jersey?

favre%20viking.jpg

Dammit, I thought it was a real SI cover.... <_<

Blasphemy.. Damn it.

I wear Husker gear probably 3 to 5 days a week not counting the two new white caps that are clean as hell that I bought at Huskergear.com (Selfish promo) ;)

Im 20 miles from freaking Norman. :box

I'm with you on that. Hell I grew up a KC Royals fan. If you see some fool in omaha, probably the only one sporting Royals & Chiefs gear its me. There has never been a time it was cool to sport Royals gear in my lifetime. Atleast not since I was 3 there hasn't