Blackout???

I don't think its a bad idea, but it will never be the entire stadium so it shouldn't be done. The Athletic Dept will have to give away shirts/announce ahead of time.

If everybody doesn't do it, it should't be done.

Penn State's students have white-outs for big games. It looks fine. I'll go on the record for saying that one student B****** a year is fine by me. Black uniforms, that's different.

For reference:

luckyblacksw3.jpg

Black uniforms? That's nasty!

• 1 month later...

too late and it doesn't matter...

there already was a student black out for the game vs WMU... it sucked, yes, theres the reason it shouldn't happen...

the only way i'd ever support it would be if the Athletic Dept go together and gave everysingle person that walks into the stadium a black poncho, and have people going through making sure people are wearing them. because then it would look sweet.

Dear Husker,

Get ready for the kickoff of the 2008 Nebraska Football season by stopping in the Athletic Ticket Office as soon as possible to pick up your student ticket packet. The Athletic Ticket Office is open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily and is located just west of Memorial Stadium on Stadium Drive. As promised, Athletic Director Tom Osborne did not raise prices, increased the student ticket allotment, and is providing to you a FREE Bo Pelini Era T-shirt . You will notice when you pick up your shirt, that the athletic department is supporting a student section black out for the first game against Western Michigan in support of the Blackshirts. We hope you will wear your complimentary T-Shirt to the opener, and then return Memorial Stadium to a Sea of Red for the remaining seven games.

Remember to Come Together to Sit Together in 2008 as the student seating in sections 9-14 is general admission. Upperclassmen who received tickets in sections 9, 10 or 11 in the East Stadium must pick up their wristbands at the tent located east of Gate 23 beginning 3 hours prior to kickoff. The line for admission into the East begins at the tent on the Southeast Corner of Memorial Stadium. The wristband, ticket and valid student N-Card is needed to enter the East Stadium at Gate 23. Please be sure to pass on this information to those who may validate your ticket.

South Stadium students may enter Gate 24 to sit in sections 12, 13 or 14 (rows 41 and above) and do not need a wristband for admittance, but most show their ticket and I.D.

Coach Osborne and Coach Pelini hope you have a great 2008 football season and sincerely thank you for your support. Be sure to avoid long lines and improve your chances of getting the perfect T-shirt size by going to the Ticket Office NOW to pick up your tickets.

I don't like the idea of a b******* game...but I thought it might be cool to have the blackshirt towels they sell handed out to fans. I know it's a rip-off of the Pittsburgh "Terrible-towel"...but it'd still give the b******* folks something to do all the while retaining the Sea of Red tradition.

Blackshirt towel

they're like 5 bucks...

And then we can call it a Power Towel and make a kick ass video like this one:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sarcasm

I don't like the idea of a b******* game...but I thought it might be cool to have the blackshirt towels they sell handed out to fans. I know it's a rip-off of the Pittsburgh "Terrible-towel"...but it'd still give the b******* folks something to do all the while retaining the Sea of Red tradition.

Blackshirt towel

they're like 5 bucks...

And then we can call it a Power Towel and make a kick ass video like this one:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sarcasm

:rollin:rollin:rollin

For crying out loud, the athletic department gave the students black shirt this past game. They announced it for over a month. And the smart students told them where to put it. And wore red.

Penn State's colors are white and Navy Blue. Do you get where the white comes from.

Nebraska' colors are cream and Red. Do you see Black anywhere in there. Maybe a cream out would make some of you happy.

The students have tried it over and over, and they have failed terribly. It is time to block all of these stupid threads.

RED, nothing else!!!!!!

Seeing as though I am a student at UNL I will correct a few former statements that are incorrect. The Athletic Director "TO" sent out an email just barely over a week before the game indicating to students to wear their black shirt for the game, and there were very very few current students who did not wear black. Those who wore red were primarily non current students who simply had purchased validated student tickets. I didn't see anyone come of my dorm not wearing black nor did I see any sororities / frats not forcing their members to wear black for the game. Was a failure on communication IMO since a fair number don't check their on campus email.

On further note, some admin needs to bury this thread, enough about Blackouts. The one b******* for the year occurred, there will be no more.

Seeing as though I am a student at UNL I will correct a few former statements that are incorrect. The Athletic Director "TO" sent out an email just barely over a week before the game indicating to students to wear their black shirt for the game, and there were very very few current students who did not wear black. Those who wore red were primarily non current students who simply had purchased validated student tickets. I didn't see anyone come of my dorm not wearing black nor did I see any sororities / frats not forcing their members to wear black for the game. Was a failure on communication IMO since a fair number don't check their on campus email.

On further note, some admin needs to bury this thread, enough about Blackouts. The one b******* for the year occurred, there will be no more.

SO 80% of the student section sells thier tickets? Yeah. Right.

Won't work. Won't ever work. Looks dumb when attempted.

b*******=Fail