Will gas prices affect the turnout at Memorial Stadium

The university is going to find a way to sell all those tickets one way or another. They have to get the streak to 300 before they even think about letting a game go un-sold-out (if that's even a word...)

The 300th Sellout will be on Sept. 26, 2009 against Arkansas State

One big thing i noticed when i moved away from the great state of Nebraska: TV ads for college football.

It's amazing to me how out of touch with reality people become when they drool over the media's hype. Have you stopped taking trips to the grocery store because gas prices are too high? Have you stopped going to movies, buying video games, etc because of gas prices? Americans are going to get their entertainment, and the increase in gas prices will have little effect on their everyday lives. They may not drive down to Disney this year because of it, but Americans don't change their buying patterns until they absolutely need to.

When gas goes over $5 per gallon, you MIGHT see a change. Otherwise, we are going to get record attendance at the games this year.

While I don't see it affecting the sellout streak, I do use it as an excuse not to go to the grocery store. (unless I happen to remember on the way home from work).

I never did go to movies more than a couple times a year.

Since I've been stuck with $500/month Child support payments and paying the mortgage by myself, I have stopped all shopping.

Video games? Not even sure we've ever gotten any outside of ebay.

289 consecutive home games at Memorial stadium have been sold out as of the end of the 2007 season. And gas prices all over the nation have been at a record high. Will the prices of petrolium effect the turnout at Memorial stadium?

Yes, for the opposing teams. Look for more tickets to get turned back by opposing teams and made available for sale, but no the sellout streak will not be ended this year.

how many season ticket holders are there?????

those tickets are already bought and paid for.

the only way the sell out streak would be in jepordy would be returned tickets from visiting teams.

i just went to Huskers.com to see what the availability of any tickets and guess what is available????????

a season parking pass in the Haymarket area for $96.00

no season football tickets.......no single game tickets.....nada, nothing, zilch

so dont worry about the sell out streak

It's amazing to me how out of touch with reality people become when they drool over the media's hype. Have you stopped taking trips to the grocery store because gas prices are too high? Have you stopped going to movies, buying video games, etc because of gas prices? Americans are going to get their entertainment, and the increase in gas prices will have little effect on their everyday lives. They may not drive down to Disney this year because of it, but Americans don't change their buying patterns until they absolutely need to.

When gas goes over $5 per gallon, you MIGHT see a change. Otherwise, we are going to get record attendance at the games this year.

With unemployment hitting over I believe 5.8%, you better believe gas prices are swaying lots of things. The entertainment places are screaming bloody murder right now. The airline industry is in shambles. The auto industry is seeing their worst year ever. Bicycle and motorcycle sales are at all time highs. We're seeing the worst housing crisis since 1981. Yes, Americans do change their buying patterns and have changed their buying patterns because they have had to.

With all that being said, no I don't think the streak ends this year. More than likely the stadium could be filled with people just from Lincoln and Omaha if they could get the tickets.