National Champs

But truth is right now every team is undefeated. And if you truly think it's "impossible" for our beloved Huskers to go undefeated then you truly haven't been paying attention to college football these past few years. I, for one, realize the odds are "long" to say the least, but as I am a "fan" I do have the right to dream...now...quite pissin' in my koolaid!!

:koolaid2:

woo hoo... I like how you think.... nothing is impossible. That means the clones still have a shot at the title!!

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

IMHO...The 'Clones are one of the BIGGEST question marks going into this season. They actually started to look decent towards the end of last year...and if KU can do it...well...

If 2 other teams go undefeated, then who knows? But ahead of 1 loss teams, for sure. Kansas last year was a good example, they were #2 in the BCS until the Mizzou loss.

Hawaii had a horrid schedule, and played 2 OT games against weak opponents. It wasn't just lack of respect for their conference, it was that they were barely tested throughout the year, and Georgia exposed them.

my vote for understatement of the year! :)

What the hell are they putting in the Kool Aid. That is some mind altering stuff for sure.

5-7 to National Champions. That is about as likely as me meeting a 19 year old with big boo_s, rich, owns a bass boat and Lexus, daddy is rich. Being 61 I do not see either happening. We have an ignore button, is there a chance we could place a reality button on this sucker somewhere.

Ok its far fetched and i dont think its possible but i was curious. In the off chance that we went undefeated this year. Would we have the schedule strength to carry us to number 1 for a national champoinchip shot. Or would we be getting told we didnt have a strong scheduel like hawaii did. Again i dont think this is possible but i was curious how the ranking system works.

Ben

I don't know what is in his koolaid but I want some of it. :koolaid2:

If we went undefeated this year that would mean that the college football org. as we know it is going down the toilet. We just dont have it in my opinion, this year anyway. This would be why college football needs the playoff system. If Nebraska is able to go to the national championships this year after last season something is wrong with this picture. Although that would be an underdog story worthy of a movie.

Ok let me put it another way. Hold on this is where it gets good. Nebraska, Georgia, USC. go undefeated. Now USC and Georgia are in the top 5 and had good schedules but Nebraska had a cinderella story. Who gets the NC shot. Again not tryin to stir the kool aid ( :koolaid2: ) just curious what they go to then. How close games were, schedule strength. Please understand as im trying to undestand how the bcs works. But then again most of us are also.

Ben

Ok let me put it another way. Hold on this is where it gets good. Nebraska, Georgia, USC. go undefeated. Now USC and Georgia are in the top 5 and had good schedules but Nebraska had a cinderella story. Who gets the NC shot. Again not tryin to stir the kool aid ( :koolaid2: ) just curious what they go to then. How close games were, schedule strength. Please understand as im trying to undestand how the bcs works. But then again most of us are also.

Ben

Well, USC would go without a doubt. And since Georgia is in the SEC (probably THE strongest conference followed closely by the Big 12), I would have to say they would go as well. Hell, if Georgia goes undefeated this season, they DESERVE to be in the championship. That's a tough schedule they have.

However, one team going undefeated this season is highly unlikely, let alone three teams. Good thing this is just a hypothetical question...