Tom Shatel

I'd love to play:

North Carolina

Iowa

Miami

Florida State

Michigan

Various teams from the SEC

im curious about the Tarheels, whats the reasoning?

I've always supported them second to the Huskers since I was a little kid and my best friend was a huge fan. Always wanted to see them play.

Plus that's where John Blake is now and where our secondary coach (Sanders) was at before coming back to NU. He was their defensive coordinator I believe for awhile.

There are many teams I would love to see us play in Lincoln:

Miami

FSU

Florida

Georgia

Michigan

Ohio State

USC

UCLA

Penn State

Boston College

South Carolina

Wisconsin

A few more:

Arizona State

Rutgers

West Virginia

Georgia Tech- they're going to be running the option

Iowa

Illinois

I would LOVE to see them come play Rutgers. It's 45 minutes away from me and I would love to see us put it to them in their own house.

I got so sick of these ding dongs around here rattling on about how Rutgers would take my Huskers to the woodshed.

They even have the audacity to have at one end of their stadium "The Birthplace of College Football"

I have a good friend that went to Penn State, I would love to play a one and one with them...let them come to Nebraska, kick their butts, then play the next year there, and buy out their stadium like we did at Notre Dame. That would give me a thrill like no other!!

We didn't buy out their stadium in '02. remember Larry Johnsons coming out party?

Yeah, been there done that. Penn State will never be on the non-con list again not because of the difficulty of the opponent, but because of the general nastiness of the fans. (Who the hell throws urine at people.) Maybe a Pigskin classic like game but never visit Happy Valley again. Playing Nebraska is a privilege. If you can't respect yourself or your opponent, you don't deserve the opportunity.

FYI here's the upcoming, interesting non-con games:

2009: @ VTech

2010: @ Washington

2011: Washington

2012: Southern Miss, @UCLA

2013: @Southern Miss, UCLA

2015: Southern Miss

2016: Tennessee

2017: @Tennessee

If Tyrone Willingham is still coaching at Washington come 2010-2011, I think that we'll have a great chance at beating them both at home and at Washington. Tyrone never did a great job at Notre Dame and now Washington

FYI here's the upcoming, interesting non-con games:

2009: @ VTech

2010: @ Washington

2011: Washington

2012: Southern Miss, @UCLA

2013: @Southern Miss, UCLA

2015: Southern Miss

2016: Tennessee

2017: @Tennessee

Niiiice. So are they looking to add BCS-caliber opponents in addition to these, or is Jamrog planning the 2035 season?

There's not much I liked about the previous administration, but I can't argue with what they did with the nonconference schedule. The Big 12 is very very good. Why schedule more top 25 teams to play against when we have 5 of the 12 teams in the Big 12 in the top 25? However, if I had to choose I would take any of the Florida schools but would want the game played in like November and hope for a blizzard. I still think there should be a bowl game in Denver called the snowbowl and only invite teams from the south to play.

There's not much I liked about the previous administration, but I can't argue with what they did with the nonconference schedule. The Big 12 is very very good. Why schedule more top 25 teams to play against when we have 5 of the 12 teams in the Big 12 in the top 25? However, if I had to choose I would take any of the Florida schools but would want the game played in like November and hope for a blizzard. I still think there should be a bowl game in Denver called the snowbowl and only invite teams from the south to play.

There is the Micron PC Bowl, or whatever the hell its called, in Boise.