Big 12 forecast

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview08/co...&id=3534206

After years of tilting southward, the Big 12 has found balance. It didn't find it because the South Division weakened. (In fact, the top three teams in the South are ranked in the top 15 nationally.) The Big 12 is balanced because the North has muscled up. Missouri is a national power. Kansas is coming off a top-10 finish. Nebraska and Colorado show promise of returning to their once-dominant status. The league has never appeared stronger. Come January, there will be benefits to reap.

1. Oklahoma will win a BCS game.

Enough is enough. Stoops, 0-for-his-last-four BCS bowls, will reclaim his nickname of Big Game Bob.

2. Missouri will show it's not a one-year wonder.

The Tigers have a lot of returning talent and the attitude that they haven't achieved anything yet. When combined with knowing what to expect in big games, that's dangerous.

3. Kansas will show it is a one-year wonder.

The Jayhawks schedule is tougher than a breakfast steak, and let's face it: no one goes injury-free two seasons in a row. Even Mark Mangino acknowledges his team has a lack of depth.

4. The surprise team in the Big 12 North will be Colorado.

The Buffs are experienced and young -- always a good combination. Colorado freshman tailback Darrell Scott, who rushed for 86 yards on 14 carries in the opening scrimmage on Monday -- all with a sore groin -- and junior quarterback Cody Hawkins are going to make each other very, very good.

5. It's going to be an ugly year at Texas A&M.

The transition from an option-based offense to a pro-style is going to take a) time, and B) different recruiting. The Aggies have a severe shortage of able-bodied offensive linemen, and they are in the toughest division west of the SEC East.

In my opinion Mizzouri is not a national power. They haven't even played in a BCS bowl game yet. If they put together 3+ seasons playing at the level of last year, then they can start to be mentioned as a national power.

i still dont get the CU love. i havent seen anything out of them that would make them deserving of such praise.

In my opinion Mizzouri is not a national power. They haven't even played in a BCS bowl game yet. If they put together 3+ seasons playing at the level of last year, then they can start to be mentioned as a national power.

:yeah

i still dont get the CU love. i havent seen anything out of them that would make them deserving of such praise.

:yeah

Because the media pundits had a man-crush on Hawkins when he was at Idaho

i had a man crush on hawkins a boise, there were 2 schools i looked at going to BSU and NU.

Maisel is a dope. They interviewed this guy on 610 sports a few weeks back and he couldn't even name two players on KU's roster, let alone anyone else outside of Harrel, Daniel and he couldn't remember the NU QB. he didn't know production numbers, he was stuttering like a fool and he couldn't even think of the name of NU's QB. The radio guys had to tell him it was Joe Ganz.

He doesn't know a single player on the KU defense, nor does he care. He knows nothing about the Big 12.

Buck the Fuffaloes!

GO BIG RED

Maisel is a dope. They interviewed this guy on 610 sports a few weeks back and he couldn't even name two players on KU's roster, let alone anyone else outside of Harrel, Daniel and he couldn't remember the NU QB. he didn't know production numbers, he was stuttering like a fool and he couldn't even think of the name of NU's QB. The radio guys had to tell him it was Joe Ganz.

He doesn't know a single player on the KU defense, nor does he care. He knows nothing about the Big 12.

I agree that this guy is an idot. He has been interviewed on Sports Nightly a couple times and he pauses and stutters so bad that I almost turn off the radio. A ten year old from Asia knows more about the Big XII than Ivan Maisel.

I agree that this guy is an idot. He has been interviewed on Sports Nightly a couple times and he pauses and stutters so bad that I almost turn off the radio. A ten year old from Asia knows more about the Big XII than Ivan Maisel.

The ten year old also knows about Kathy Lee...

There's more than half the guys on this board, know more about the Big 12, than Maisel does, and he's getting paid to spout this crap...

The ten year old also knows about Kathy Lee...

There's more than half the guys on this board, know more about the Big 12, than Maisel does, and he's getting paid to spout this crap...

Not trying to defend the guy, BUT Mike Rucker was a stumbling idiot on the Big 12 preview show that he was on. A full hour of Rucker saying "they lost some guys, that guy, this guy, their QB, those guys" He didn't know one freakin players name current or graduated. He stumbled trying to think of coaches names. He would try and throw in some good insights, but when talking about a player, since he didn't know the name it went like this, "MU has a really good tight end....(this was the pause of him trying to think).. He should be good." WOW MIKE REALLY!?

NOW i dont for one second believe that Mike Rucker knows nothing about the big 12. BUT i do know that my 7 year old neice knows about 5 coaches of the top of her head and could name a good handful of the top players. Including one TE from MU that is one of the best in the nation in Chase Coffman. (BTW she likes the Huskers) But Rucker sat there drawing blanks all night.

Just because some one appears to be an idoit on camera or on live radio doesn't make it so. Fella's I went to school for and recieved a broadcasting degree. I worked in radio. I have spent countless hours on the radio, in talk shows, as a DJ and as color and play-by-play. It is not as easy for some as it is for others. Just my $.02