Husker Nation Listen Up

JGS30

I personally like the fact that other teams fans will come on here and defend their teams and inject a different view. I hope that you will continue to defend your team and support it with all that you have because that is what you feel not what you think we may want to hear or read.

We have a rebuilding process and it could take a few years to get to where we want to be and sometimes we will lash out when a program we once dominated begins to claim their spot at the table.

GBR

Alright Husker Nation,

I've ruffled some feathers on here just staing my humble opinions. Most of you didn't like what you heard, and few actually started posting quotes from me that I NEVER wrote. But that's alright. Sometimes in the heat of the moment (Didn't Cartman from South Park sing that once?) things happen and rumors and propoganda begin to spread. I won't name names and I'm letting it go.

For the record: I have nothing against Husker Nation and they will continue to be my 2nd favorite team behind KU. The reason I get on this board is because this board is better than any KU Board on the internet. You heard it from me kids, this is the best board on the web. Period.

So from now on I'm turning over a new leaf if you will. You'll begin seeing a more laid back JGS30. Why-Cause I do respect alot of posters on here and hope to continue chatting with them in the future. I think I get a little carried away defending my team and linger on posts too long. You won't see that in the future.

Here's to a great 2008.

JGS30 :koolaid2:

Did I miss something?

Or are you just feeling the need for some positive reassurance?

I've never understood the need of a few to "manufacture" sore feelings toward another team to make it easier to pound on them in a game. (If anyone on this board has done that to you).

Even in High School, before a game with our arch-rival (Lexington) a few of us snuck over to their parking lot and talked..Hoped for a good game with no injuries. (They weren't nearly as evil as we thought they'd be even though they beat us 7-6). <_<

Maybe it's part of the "Art of War" to de-humanize your opponent, so you'll "go for the kill" when the time comes, but at this level, it's more enjoyable to be good sports (imo).

I've had a former team-mate play for KU and now have my Cousin's twins competing for them, but even after they graduate, I'll still pull for a (conference) brother.

Unless, of course..It keeps us out of a BCS bowl.

I might like calling Mangino "The Fat Man" but I have the utmost respect for him as a coach because of the way he's been able to turn the Kansas Jayhawks around. He knows that it's a team effort.

zmAYpAzNB34

As far as the Jayhawks go, I see them as much more of a rival than Collorado. I think Kansas and Nebraska respect each other. I hope to see Kansas rocking on in the Big XII North. The better our 2 teams get the more the games against each other will be on TV.

Oh goody...now let's all hold hands and sing Kumbiyah around the campfire.... <_<

First, I'll agree with you that this is the best Big12 board out there...hell...it might be the best college football board period. People know their football here as opposed to a lot of the other boards and they're pretty tolerant toward losers like me and my Cyclones....

That aside...you've had...what....one non-sarcastic or down-right nasty post out of your last 50? Why...that's like having one great football season after years of (at best) mediocre ones. Having been a Husker fan pretty much longer than you've been alive I have a pretty good idea what a Husker supporter respects and one of those things isn't some One Hit Wonder football team and their band wagon fans coming along after one great season talking smack and thinking they are the 2nd coming. Can you even envision how many years Nebraska fans have had to listen to KSU, MU, CU...ad naseum fans coming around telling us how great they are going to be just to come back at the end of the season and say..."uh...wait till next year!" You all sound like the old Brooklyn Dodgers (who, incidently, had one great World Series out of about 50 against the Yankees before getting pole-axed the following year).

Long story short...if you're going to come on a Husker board you need to come on and show some respect to the posters....even the ones that cheer for teams that consistently blow.... <_< It's the start of a new year where everybody is looking forward to the upcoming season. Wait till things play out on the field till you start talking smack

And...before you start...Yes, I root for the Cyclone to upset Nebraska every year since 1980...and once a decade they accidently pull one out (never while I was there though....but they did let us score a touchdown once) but I definately respect the history of what Nebraska has done and always hope they win it all...except for that ISU game...because, until you put together 3.5 decades of excellence like the Huskers have, you got nuthin....

Oh goody...now let's all hold hands and sing Kumbiyah around the campfire.... <_<

First, I'll agree with you that this is the best Big12 board out there...hell...it might be the best college football board period. People know their football here as opposed to a lot of the other boards and they're pretty tolerant toward losers like me and my Cyclones....

That aside...you've had...what....one non-sarcastic or down-right nasty post out of your last 50? Why...that's like having one great football season after years of (at best) mediocre ones. Having been a Husker fan pretty much longer than you've been alive I have a pretty good idea what a Husker supporter respects and one of those things isn't some One Hit Wonder football team and their band wagon fans coming along after one great season talking smack and thinking they are the 2nd coming. Can you even envision how many years Nebraska fans have had to listen to KSU, MU, CU...ad naseum fans coming around telling us how great they are going to be just to come back at the end of the season and say..."uh...wait till next year!" You all sound like the old Brooklyn Dodgers (who, incidently, had one great World Series out of about 50 against the Yankees before getting pole-axed the following year).

Long story short...if you're going to come on a Husker board you need to come on and show some respect to the posters....even the ones that cheer for teams that consistently blow.... <_< It's the start of a new year where everybody is looking forward to the upcoming season. Wait till things play out on the field till you start talking smack

And...before you start...Yes, I root for the Cyclone to upset Nebraska every year since 1980...and once a decade they accidently pull one out (never while I was there though....but they did let us score a touchdown once) but I definately respect the history of what Nebraska has done and always hope they win it all...except for that ISU game...because, until you put together 3.5 decades of excellence like the Huskers have, you got nuthin....

I here ya Cy, but I do understand the tradition of Nebraska football and how passionate the fans are. Football is life in Nebraska. They're still the face of college football in many rights. But on the flip side I've been a football fan for a long time. I've followed my hawks since I was 6 years old (1986) and have felt mostly heartache during that time. If anyone knows what it's like to cheer for a losing team and put up with crap from opposing fans, it's me. I was that kid in 1988 that had a KU football shirt and wore it to school every other day. The kids were like "what's wrong with this dude"? "KU doesn't have a football team"!

Then I could never forget 1998 when I went to work out at the Y in Southern Kansas while sporting my KU football t-shirt. The owner of the gym was like "Wow" "You must be a true fan" "They're terrible". What I'm saying is I understand tradition and team pride. With that said, I'm not going to cry a river for what Husker fans had to put up with from CU and KSU fans, cause we took the @SS Kickings on the field....nevermind the trash talk.

What happend last year in Lawrence was amazing. I never ever would of dreamed that we would ever finish 12-1. I still can't believe it. I lost count how many times I called my brother while watching KU win another NCAA Basketball game in the tourny and saying..."this is awesome, but winning football games would be better". I've been starving for a winning program since "86" and yes maybe I have gone a little overboard, but really, can you blame me?? You'de be excited to if ISU suddenlt starting runnin shop and finished 12-1, then returned most of their team. You can't sit there and say you wouldn't. You're a fan...right??