USA Today poll shows lack of respect

Currently on the USA Today website there is a poll on their Sports page asking "What team do you think will win the Big 12 this season?" It lists Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Other. :wtf

While Nebraska may not be in the running to win the Big 12 this year they should still have more respect than to be lumped in the OTHER.

link

It doesn't matter. In a few weeks people will start noticing Nebraska again, I have no doubt!

Yep! Look, I've been banging this drum when I can: People outside of the Husker family dont quite understand the "Nebraska way" attititude and how this can translate onto the field. Strictly from a tangible perspective, its easy to understand why many aren't "respecting" the Huskers. Many don't believe in the intangibles that we believe him because other programs don't embrace them like this one does. Those intangibles that many successful programs have is one of the biggest reasons that his NFL-like program didnt' work.

Now, come'on guys....if a Baylor or Iowa State fan was on here raising the same issue....we'd tell them to go win some games first (at least I would).

Until we prove otherwise, we're a 5-7 team trying to earn the right to be listed. I'm seeing the light just like you guys, but until we do it on the field, the glass of kool-aid is going to be half empty from the outside looking in.

One more week to go!

:koolaid2:

did you see us last year? we arent winning the big 12

Last year I saw a team that UNDERACHIEVED due to lack of leadership, focus, and direction. I saw #13 give up on plays. I didn't see a team that sucked.

This year, I see the exact opposite.

We will win the north.

I can feel it.

Get me some of that :koolaid2::koolaid2:

did you see us last year? we arent winning the big 12

Last year I saw a team that UNDERACHIEVED due to lack of leadership, focus, and direction. I saw #13 give up on plays. I didn't see a team that sucked.

This year, I see the exact opposite.

We will win the north.

I can feel it.

Get me some of that :koolaid2::koolaid2:

If I was on the :koolaid2:, I'd say that NU will win the Big XII, but that's not what I'm saying.

Trust me, I'm very (or at least I try to be) as objective as I can.

...a crappy Super 8 Motel....

Isn't that redundant?

Hey now, Super 8 Motels aren't that bad. My wife and I recently went on a road trip to Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Let me tell you something...in states like these where a town over 20,000 is considered damn big, we were thankful finding Super 8s.

It definitely beat all of those run-down (most likely roach motels) we saw along the way...

...a crappy Super 8 Motel....

Isn't that redundant?

Hey now, Super 8 Motels aren't that bad. My wife and I recently went on a road trip to Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Let me tell you something...in states like these where a town over 20,000 is considered damn big, we were thankful finding Super 8s.

It definitely beat all of those run-down (most likely roach motels) we saw along the way...

At the NU vs. Mizzou game last year, we stayed at a Motel 6 in Jefferson City that was made out of cardboard.