USA Today poll shows lack of respect

...a crappy Super 8 Motel....

Isn't that redundant?

Hey now, Super 8 Motels aren't that bad. My wife and I recently went on a road trip to Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Let me tell you something...in states like these where a town over 20,000 is considered damn big, we were thankful finding Super 8s.

It definitely beat all of those run-down (most likely roach motels) we saw along the way...

At the NU vs. Mizzou game last year, we stayed at a Motel 6 in Jefferson City that was made out of cardboard.

Did they at least leave the light on?

Isn't that redundant?

Hey now, Super 8 Motels aren't that bad. My wife and I recently went on a road trip to Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Let me tell you something...in states like these where a town over 20,000 is considered damn big, we were thankful finding Super 8s.

It definitely beat all of those run-down (most likely roach motels) we saw along the way...

At the NU vs. Mizzou game last year, we stayed at a Motel 6 in Jefferson City that was made out of cardboard.

Did they at least leave the light on?

yes, but it was a homeless guy trying to keep warm by a burning dumpster.

Isn't that redundant?

Try the Motel 6 in Paxton...it's so bad I heard they were demoted to a Motel 2.5!

It doesn't matter. In a few weeks people will start noticing Nebraska again, I have no doubt!

Yep! Look, I've been banging this drum when I can: People outside of the Husker family dont quite understand the "Nebraska way" attititude and how this can translate onto the field. Strictly from a tangible perspective, its easy to understand why many aren't "respecting" the Huskers. Many don't believe in the intangibles that we believe him because other programs don't embrace them like this one does. Those intangibles that many successful programs have is one of the biggest reasons that his NFL-like program didnt' work.

Good post! :thumbs

I wasn't to shocked we where not on the list, But FIVE south schools and only TWO from the north :wtf

At least make it somewhat even. And the fact that A&M is on that list and not Nebraska is a TRAVESTY! I don't care if we had no wins last year. Now I 'm a lil peeved. :angry:

Could be they got wind of the husker nation effect on these polls, who knows? :dunno

Who in their right mind would pick us to win the CCG. Only in Nebraska and die hard Nebraska fans.

We deserve no respect, we suck, period, and until we prove different we deserve just what we get.

One kid did not quit last year, damned near all of them did. How many are left when the going gets tough. No one knows, not even our coach.

Play the games and see what happens. If we win more than we lose, or by chance win enough to be considered a good team then voice your dissatisfaction.

We are getting just what we deserve, nothing more.

did you see us last year? we arent winning the big 12

I wouldn't go that far...it harshly underestimates the impact of good coaching.

:yeah

But even good coaching will only go so far, you also have to have talent. While we have some talent, we are not very deep on defense. Realistically the best we might do is 2nd in the North behind Missouri. I don't think KU will be there now that they are playing a "real" schedule, they had it too easy last year. Colorado will blow up like they usually do, and we don't even need to talk about K-State or the Cyclones (sorry Cy).

I do see us proving a lot this year to the rest of the Conference, and they will definitely know that we are on the way back to our rightful place - on top of the Big 12 North.

I wasn't too shocked we where not on the list, But FIVE south schools and only TWO from the north :wtf

At least make it somewhat even. And the fact that A&M is on that list and not Nebraska is a TRAVESTY! I don't care if we had no wins last year. Now I 'm a lil peeved. :angry:

Could be they got wind of the husker nation effect on these polls, who knows? :dunno

That's what I was thinkin'

We do tend to skew these things a little..Like we're doing OUR part to WILL these things to happen.

Hopefully this finds it's way on a few of our team's bulletinboards.

I'll show USA/Today...

I'm castin' eleventy million votes for "Other"

..They'll never suspect it's from a Nebraska Fan...

Ganz throws interceptions like last year you better pray for the defense.

I am still not certain we have an offense that is much better than the defense if both play to their abilities.

I dont see anyway ganz throws that many picks.... I dont think he will be throwing so much. I dont think he will be feeling like he has to score quickly and every time to hhave a shot at winning. with a more balanced attack I think joe can be a very scary person for other teams. but who knows... he has only played 3 games

Ganz throws interceptions like last year you better pray for the defense.

I am still not certain we have an offense that is much better than the defense if both play to their abilities.

I dont see anyway ganz throws that many picks.... I dont think he will be throwing so much. I dont think he will be feeling like he has to score quickly and every time to hhave a shot at winning. with a more balanced attack I think joe can be a very scary person for other teams. but who knows... he has only played 3 games

We'll see how the receiving corps does - the rest of the offense will be very good, but Swift and Peterson aren't really #1 material, and Holt and Paul are still very inexperienced. I agree - we'll see a lot more out of the running game this year. Which will be awesome.