What will your plans be during the Aug 30th game??

Apathy

I will be in Okoboji, get up around 5:30 or 6 go do some walleye fishing for a few hours until the jackballs get out n the lake. Go back to the cabin around 9 ish, eat breakfast. Go to the beach, then go to the only bar up there that I KNOW will have the game on because the owner told me so last time I was up there. (Gotta love Iowans that are gonna have every Husker ppv on at their bar). Then while watching the game I will get freaking hammered because it is a good day of celebration. Husker season has arrived.

This is the beginning of my fifth and final year as a student here, and this means my last year of going to every game-unless someone wills me their tickets!!

I will be taking a friend to his first Husker game, even though he grew up in Lincoln and attends the University. I can't wait, and I always get goose bumps the first tunnel walk of the year. I will be screaming for all of you that can't make it. GBR

Like Poncho, I will probably start the day early with some walleye fishing. It's starting to cool down up this way, so I think I'll probably troll some crankbaits for a while... I don't know. I'll be listening to some sports radio while I do it, and the fever will be rising.

By noon, I'll be home, eating some lunch and deflecting my wife's glare (She hates the start of football season... but she usually accepts it, and gets into it by October. I just have to make it through these first few games), and probably seeing what other games are on. I'll pretend to care about the Big 10 for a while (it's what we have here... and nobody realizes it sucks), and eventually watch the games with my eyes closed. At about 4 or so I'll wake up, pee, and get my game gear on. Then, at about 5:00 or 5:30, I'll hop in the car and head to Joe Senser's in Bloomington to join the Red Masses for the game. I'll scream my guts out for a while ("Run, Joey, run!"), drink some beers, eat some wings and a cheeseburger (extra bacon, y'all), and go home satisfied. My wife, being the good sport she is (and recognizing that I spent all of this weekend cleaning the basement), will probably drive.

I had my first football dream last night... The Big Red rolled to a 58-14 victory. Joe and Marlon lit it up like a Christmas tree. Then, me and this blond from the liquor store... well... I won't go into it. Suffice it to say, we all won.

My wife, 1 1/2 yr old son, and me will be going to Kearney to do some shopping and kill the day. Around 5:00 we'll head over to my aunt and uncle's house to watch the game and eat all sorts of good non-healthy stuff. 6:00 is "GO TIME".

I've taught my son how to give 5's and we're still working on getting him to say GO BIG RED!

Come on, COME ON!!!

I know some of you will be attending the game, watching it on Pay Per View, or wishing you were watching the game but what will your schedule be like for that day before, during, and after the game?

I'm definitely ordering the game on Saturday but before the game I will be tailgating in my front yard right underneath my Husker Tent grillng out with some hamburgers and steak with some cold beer near by. My plan is everytime a car drives by, my buddies and I will yell out "Go Big Red" or "Go Huskers" and play the fight song.

I just may post up pictures of that day on this site. So anybody going to the game I'm really jealous but drive safe, drink safe, and enjoy the game. GO BIG RED

:corndance:wasted:cheers:bonez:cheers:wasted:corndance

you should drink everytime a car drives by too. I don't know what town you're from but here you would get messed up in a hurry.

You know what real97'champs thats a great idea, I'm going to do that and thank you :clap:wasted

what time is that Illnois-Missouri game ? probably the same time the huskers play I'm guessing ... i'll be cheering for the Illini like they're my second favorite team on Saturday !

They are my second favorite team... along with anyone else who plays Mizzou. Somebody better hit Chase hard enough to make him puke boogers.

Wake up around 8:30-9, start the day off right with keg and eggs (maybe a Bloody Mary or two), catch the early games, head to Hooter's in Mission Valley for the game, drink and cheer my ass off!! Hell yeah, only 4 more days until gameday, 2 more until the start of the College Football Season!!! GBR!!

I'll be at the game taking in all the sights and sounds of a classic college football (upset) Saturday. I will feel a little bad though after hearing about all the big plans everyone has and knowing that all those days will be ruined ;)

I look for us to :box you guys to a pulp. :laugh: Nebraska will come out with a chip on their shoulders and just wont lose this game.