Va Tech

Zero_Yards

The reason Tyrod got the snaps he got last year was because their offensive line was well below average. Glennon was getting killed in the early part of the season and Frank needed someone that could be mobile back there to support their offense.

As far as rankings go, who cares. I don't think this is the year for us to make a run at a national championship. We just need to play hard and continue to get better through out the season.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer here, but I think we have a lot more concerns right now than when we'll be ranked and who we'll beat. The OL who self proclaimed themselves as being as good as any OL here at NU didn't play well at all. Our rushing numbers for the most part were a joke. The D did play better than a year ago. I think they'll get better and better with each game. The offense which was not really supposed to change did just that. I see lots and lots of shootouts this year where we'll more than likely come up on the short end of the stick. I'm glad the game is over and we won. I think the coaching staff now has a really good idea where we need to improve. If we don't get any kind of rushing game established in the next couple of games, we're going to be in serious trouble when VT comes to town and the Big 12 season starts.

Pretty much what I have been saying all off season. I just do not see an average line, and I say that with tongue in cheek, becoming a line of all time.

The past coaching staff did not know how to motivate these kids, Coach Pelini does, but the past staff knew the talent problems, and this one is learning them. We have two pretty sure wins, and that is it as far as I see it. Maybe Baylor, but the rest are going to be dog fights at best. I had thought 7-5 but 6-6 is looking more like it to me. If Tyrod plays we will have some real problems with VaTech, them getting beat is the worst thing that could have happened for us. They have a lot of talent, young and inexperienced, but Beamer will have them ready when they get here is my guess. ECU is a very good team, that many expected to beat VaTech early, but most projected VaTech to make huge games during the season. We shall see.

I agree. I think their loss is bad for us. Last year, they got completely shelled by LSU. However, Beamer got them to playing and landed in a BCS bowl game. I think the VT game is a winnable game, but we have got to address some serious problems over the course of the next 2 games. I hate to say this, but I'm beginning to hate what the Big 12 has become. We used to be a hard fought defensive conference. Now, we're a pass happy no huddle conference with little D.

The one positive is that we have Bo. He is a defensive genius.

He will get this thing right, I have faith, but it just may take longer than he and some others think. Hope not, but I am prepared for the worst this year. Not like years in the past, where I bought in hook line and sinker. I am not wearing a damned dress for this team again. :bang

Wow still a bunch of shell shocked huskers in here. If anyone doesn't feel we can win at least 7 games on or offense alone, than there's a Downers Anonymous group meeting a couple groups over.

I'm tired of those who predict we'll lose EVERY tough game we play. Have a little backbone, drink a little flavor aid, do any thing you gotta do, but please have just a little.......even a tiny bit more faith. (We MAY beat Baylor!!! what the hell did Bill do to us!!!!)

Baylor was a slight jab. Sorry about that. I really was not even counting them

but I have a 20 on every single game sir. No points straight up game. I will pass on VaTech, but Missouri, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Kansas and as much as I hate to say it, Colorado. Those are the tough ones you seem to think we win. Put up or, won't say that as I love all Husker fans. But you get the idea. It is easy to swallow the Kool Aid, very easy. It is hard to say that you do not have the faith in the team that you normally do. It is not there, and I hate it, but I have lost a lot of money and worse yet had to wear a stinken dress because of what I have swallowed the last few years. Not doing it any more. I saw absolutely nothing in the first game that gave me reason to think they can beat a top level team. Remember we have not since 2001. And that included the time when Bo was here before.

No :koolaid2: for me. Full to the hilt of it.

And trust me it is much tougher stating that we won't than it is that we will. It sucks period.