Va Tech

Zero_Yards

New member here.

In just a couple of weeks, we face our first test of the Pelini Era. The challenge will be against a ranked Va. Tech team that has a speedy, 2-QB offense with a highly touted Defense... or so people thought. They lost to the games underdog, East Carolina (though ECU is a good team).

The hokies played sloppy in every aspect and were embarrased.

The Huskers won there first game & are looking rather good.

What are the chances we beat Va. Tech?

Will a W volt us in the BCS raankings?

Or will Va. Tech self-destruct before coming to Linoln, making it an unaffective game (in concerns to our ranking?) :bonez

First off, welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy your stay here. This is an outstanding board and it's always good to have new members. I was rather surprised that V-Tech lost that game, but they have also had alot of player issues here lately so I think that's where the problem lies. I think we have a good chance of beating V-Tech, but it may be because of these issues. We really need to lay it to these next two teams to get our confidence up even higher and work out the kinks before hand. After V-Tech we have a fairly difficult schedule so we need to have it strapped on tight for the games against, Mizzou, Texas Tech, OU, and a few others.

I agree that we won't be ranked until we beat Mizzou. And that all depends on whether Mizzou is firing on all cylinders. If they play like crap, or they lose a game between now and then, well... nobody's gonna care if NU beats them.

It would be good for VaTech to come into Lincoln with only one loss, but either way... either it's a true test or it's another tune-up. Either way, I'll take it. I think NU will be able to beat the Hokies, and if they really beat the snot out of them, they may get some media attention.

Another scenario: ESPN decides that they are head over heels in love with Chase Daniel. They start talking up Mizzou's opponents to make their schedule look really tough... If NU beats the hell out of the Hokies, they might be ranked going into the game with Mizzou. Remember how NU was ranked at #16 or something going into the game with USC last year? They clearly didn't deserve that rank, but they sure had the eyes of the world upon them that night, partly because they were ranked so high.

I'm beginning to get the feeling we might flat smoke VA Tech. With a 3-0 start and morale high on the team, in Lincoln, the so-called 'defining game' of the season, the guys are going to play like monsters. I'm not nearly as worried about this game as I might have been before the Western Michigan game. If the O-line steps it up with the run and the D gets some of the kinks worked out, I think we simply have more talent at home with more to prove.

First off, welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy your stay here. This is an outstanding board and it's always good to have new members. I was rather surprised that V-Tech lost that game, but they have also had alot of player issues here lately so I think that's where the problem lies. I think we have a good chance of beating V-Tech, but it may be because of these issues. We really need to lay it to these next two teams to get our confidence up even higher and work out the kinks before hand. After V-Tech we have a fairly difficult schedule so we need to have it strapped on tight for the games against, Mizzou, Texas Tech, OU, and a few others.

i'm surprised they lost as well, but only because it's VaTech. i'm not surprised that they lost because they have Sean Glennon at quarterback. he's one of the shakiest quarterbacks i have ever seen play for a so called "good" team.

I think vaTech, ranked or not (it looks like- not) will be all the huskers want to handle.

The first ranked team they play will be MU.

If vaTech catches the skers looking ahead to Mizzou (likely), it could be the perfect trap game.

I suspect the vaTech game may be an L for nu.

GO BO!!

Welcome,

My guess is Tyrod is playing as we speak. The redshirt is gone and we will see him when they hit Memorial Stadium.

He is a real talent I have heard. Can not say as I remember watching him play. Was quite shocked when they said he would redshirt.

No rankings for the Huskers this year I am afraid. I think if Tyrod does not play we beat VaTech, but lose to Missouri, Texas Tech badly and OU badly, close against Kansas and the more I think about it a loss to Colorado. But the kids may just be good enough to win 8, but still think 6-6 is headed our direction.

Tyrod Taylor is a stud, and I think Beemer might go one more shaky Sean Glennon performance before going to Taylor. The problem with that idea is that one more shaky start means another loss as N. Carolina and Georgia Tech are no slouches. I thought it was crazy when I heard that Tyrod was going to redshirt and on that day said to friends it would be a W for NU. After watching the Va Tech ECU game, I think Taylor plays. This will make our off week very helpful for rest and strategy purposes.

I do think any more weaknesses that Va Tech have will be showcased in their next two games. Who knows maybe we go back to the triple option days after Georgia Tech runs crazy on Fosters boys. HIGHLY DOUBTFUL THOUGH, but hey pass me more of the :koolaid2:

Tyrod Taylor is a stud, and I think Beemer might go one more shaky Sean Glennon performance before going to Taylor. The problem with that idea is that one more shaky start means another loss as N. Carolina and Georgia Tech are no slouches. I thought it was crazy when I heard that Tyrod was going to redshirt and on that day said to friends it would be a W for NU. After watching the Va Tech ECU game, I think Taylor plays. This will make our off week very helpful for rest and strategy purposes.

I do think any more weaknesses that Va Tech have will be showcased in their next two games. Who knows maybe we go back to the triple option days after Georgia Tech runs crazy on Fosters boys. HIGHLY DOUBTFUL THOUGH, but hey pass me more of the :koolaid2:

I have to say I wasn't that impressed with Tyrod Taylor. He's a poor thrower (mediocre mechanics along with poor decisions), and that led to Glennon recapturing the starting job by the end of last season. Now Taylor was only a frosh last year so he might be much improved, but if that were the case I doubt Beamer would be redshirting him. I suspect neither QB is very good. Both make bad decisions at costly moments. This game could get ugly for VT since they'll be on the road.