Blackshirts

After last year, I would not give em either. Giving up 24 points to Western Michigan would not change my mind.

"When you give out something symbolic that is not truly earned, it becomes truly worthless..."

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

Such as Kansas' top 15 ranking? :koolaid2:

Yeah, we did earn that. We went 12-1 last year, our only loss was by 8 points, beat the number #3 team in the country and eventually I am going to just cut and paste the rest. We were good last year, you all really were not. I am sorry if you have trouble accepting that, but we were. That is why every service and poll ranked us there. You are as good as the team you field, if you want people to fear the blackshirts it better mean something. As for us, we will see how good we are, it is still early...

Somebody lock this thread. The delusional and the dogs are circling.

Sorry, but I can't let it go when people try to throw my Hawks under the bus. I was talking about if the NU defense should get their Blackshirts, I just can't let the unfair Jayhawk barbs go. I was not wanting to go there...

I really appreciate your level headed candor as people take cheap shots at your favorite team, you seem like a very respectable person........which is why its so hard to understand why you follw such a D-bag team.........sorry, that was unecesary, you dont deserve that, KU has really improved over the last......Oh forget it, Gayhawks blow.

Man that was totally uncalled for! He's just being as respectful as possible and sticking up for his team! Can you really blame the guy for feeling this way? You don't need to attack the guy for his beliefs and how he feels. Ridiculous................ :wacko:

I appreciate all your support. I think you make a key point. College football is made by all of the good fans on both sides. Games are the most fun when two comparable teams with good fan bases play. THat is why I much prefer college to pro football. There is so much vulgarity and unsportmanlike behaviour. College is such a great environment because of passionate, good fans. The fact that Nebraska even applauds opponents who play well means the rest of the world can learn a lot from their fans.

After last year, I would not give em either. Giving up 24 points to Western Michigan would not change my mind.

"When you give out something symbolic that is not truly earned, it becomes truly worthless..."

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

Yeah, we did earn that. We went 12-1 last year, our only loss was by 8 points, beat the number #3 team in the country and eventually I am going to just cut and paste the rest. We were good last year, you all really were not. I am sorry if you have trouble accepting that, but we were. That is why every service and poll ranked us there. You are as good as the team you field, if you want people to fear the blackshirts it better mean something. As for us, we will see how good we are, it is still early...

Sorry, but I can't let it go when people try to throw my Hawks under the bus. I was talking about if the NU defense should get their Blackshirts, I just can't let the unfair Jayhawk barbs go. I was not wanting to go there...

I really appreciate your level headed candor as people take cheap shots at your favorite team, you seem like a very respectable person........which is why its so hard to understand why you follw such a D-bag team.........sorry, that was unecesary, you dont deserve that, KU has really improved over the last......Oh forget it, Gayhawks blow.

Man that was totally uncalled for! He's just being as respectful as possible and sticking up for his team! Can you really blame the guy for feeling this way? You don't need to attack the guy for his beliefs and how he feels. Ridiculous................ :wacko:

Ya know..........something that sounded harmless and hillarious in my head at midnight doesnt sound nearly as funny today, my appologies. :dunno

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

Ya know..........something that sounded harmless and hillarious in my head at midnight doesnt sound nearly as funny today, my appologies. :dunno

No worries. I appreciate your sentiment and look forward to more good spirited debate. Hopefully when we play each other in Lincoln, both teams will have done well enough to bring the game to a fever pitch!

Yo, jaybird, do u have 2 turn all our threads into a 'gayhawk' lovefest? K, ya'll had a nice team in '07, we got that memo-months ago. Get over yourself, turn the page, nobody cares anymore and it will soon be forgotten when u go 7-5 this yr.

As for the Husker D, 'there will be no wine until it is time', i.e. no blackshirts until the words 'sloppy tackling' etc. no longer occur...

Aside: does the anticeleb. rule include the 'throwing of bones'? That would suck... :bonez

Yo, jaybird, do u have 2 turn all our threads into a 'gayhawk' lovefest? K, ya'll had a nice team in '07, we got that memo-months ago. Get over yourself, turn the page, nobody cares anymore and it will soon be forgotten when u go 7-5 this yr.

As for the Husker D, 'there will be no wine until it is time', i.e. no blackshirts until the words 'sloppy tackling' etc. no longer occur...

Aside: does the anticeleb. rule include the 'throwing of bones'? That would suck... :bonez

I would ask you to read the thread to see who brought up the Jayhawks. I was only talking about the blackshirts. If people don't want to talk about the Jayhawks, then don't. I can't seem to have a conversation of late about any topic without people taking swipes at the Hawks, which I then respond to. If people don't bring it up, I generally stay away. I post all the time about Nebraska only. If you don't want to talk the Hawks, and the thread aint about em, don't bring em up.

I would ask you to read the thread to see who brought up the Jayhawks. I was only talking about the blackshirts. If people don't want to talk about the Jayhawks, then don't. I can't seem to have a conversation of late about any topic without people taking swipes at the Hawks, which I then respond to. If people don't bring it up, I generally stay away. I post all the time about Nebraska only. If you don't want to talk the Hawks, and the thread aint about em, don't bring em up.

This is true........................just because his username is jayhawk doesn't mean we have to talk about them. :dunno

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

Preseason polls have always been and will always be bogus...Clemson and VaTech are this years proof.

No argument there, they are a bit bogus, each team should be ranked on how good that team is that year, and know one knows til they play some games. Of course, the reality is that they are based largely on last year, so it is what it is. They are also based a little on name brand, so its not like you all have never benefited from that....

This is true. With the competition KU will be up against, I will eat some serious crow if they win the North. Better KU than sCUm, KSUcks or Missery. :)

If memory serves me correctly, it was none other than Mason and the Jayhawks who could have ruined our NC run with a tie choose to go for 2 points in order to either win or lose the game because of their respect for NU than to ruin it with a tie. Keep on bashing the Jayhawks, but they've shown us none other than good will over the years. It's not like Mangino is circling us on his calendar and telling their fans to be as nasty as possible.