Blackshirts

After last year, I would not give em either. Giving up 24 points to Western Michigan would not change my mind.

"When you give out something symbolic that is not truly earned, it becomes truly worthless..."

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

Such as Kansas' top 15 ranking? :koolaid2:

Yeah, we did earn that. We went 12-1 last year, our only loss was by 8 points, beat the number #3 team in the country and eventually I am going to just cut and paste the rest. We were good last year, you all really were not. I am sorry if you have trouble accepting that, but we were. That is why every service and poll ranked us there. You are as good as the team you field, if you want people to fear the blackshirts it better mean something. As for us, we will see how good we are, it is still early...

Preseason polls have always been and will always be bogus...Clemson and VaTech are this years proof.

Don't give them until the defense makes a statement. Western Michigan was not a statement. I think there will be that game when we all can say,"The Blackshirts are back." Don't know when, but it will happen. If it doesn't happen this year, I'm fine with them going all year without them if they don't live up to the standards of a blackshirt defense. There are lots of smart football fans here and we will all know when this team makes a statement and earns them, then they will get the blackshirts. Pelini needs to make the defense hungry for them, make sure they know what it means, and I think he is on his way to doing so.

After last year, I would not give em either. Giving up 24 points to Western Michigan would not change my mind.

"When you give out something symbolic that is not truly earned, it becomes truly worthless..."

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

Yeah, we did earn that. We went 12-1 last year, our only loss was by 8 points, beat the number #3 team in the country and eventually I am going to just cut and paste the rest. We were good last year, you all really were not. I am sorry if you have trouble accepting that, but we were. That is why every service and poll ranked us there. You are as good as the team you field, if you want people to fear the blackshirts it better mean something. As for us, we will see how good we are, it is still early...

i agree with ya' hawk......you guys played over the top last year, for the sake of the Big 12, i wish you another great year.......we need to earn our way back, we are working on it.....a work in progress.

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

Somebody lock this thread. The delusional and the dogs are circling.

Sorry, but I can't let it go when people try to throw my Hawks under the bus. I was talking about if the NU defense should get their Blackshirts, I just can't let the unfair Jayhawk barbs go. I was not wanting to go there...

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

Preseason polls have always been and will always be bogus...Clemson and VaTech are this years proof.

No argument there, they are a bit bogus, each team should be ranked on how good that team is that year, and know one knows til they play some games. Of course, the reality is that they are based largely on last year, so it is what it is. They are also based a little on name brand, so its not like you all have never benefited from that....

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

Sorry, but I can't let it go when people try to throw my Hawks under the bus. I was talking about if the NU defense should get their Blackshirts, I just can't let the unfair Jayhawk barbs go. I was not wanting to go there...

I really appreciate your level headed candor as people take cheap shots at your favorite team, you seem like a very respectable person........which is why its so hard to understand why you follw such a D-bag team.........sorry, that was unecesary, you dont deserve that, KU has really improved over the last......Oh forget it, Gayhawks blow.

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

I really appreciate your level headed candor as people take cheap shots at your favorite team, you seem like a very respectable person........which is why its so hard to understand why you follw such a D-bag team.........sorry, that was unecesary, you dont deserve that, KU has really improved over the last......Oh forget it, Gayhawks blow.

hmmm...

I am not sure what to say to that... I think I will leave it at nothing.

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

That's a little over the line. :boxosoap

-Jayhawk, (9/4/08)

That's a little over the line. :boxosoap

Seriously. Jayhawk has always been a great addition to huskerboard (from what i've seen anyway). KU was MUCH better than we were last year... and it was their best season in.. I dunno, decades? KU deserves some credit, they got it done last season, and we did not. I respect every team in the Big 12 (except possibly CU, but they may be coming around). I don't get the low-blows and cheapshots.. i mean really?