Helu needs to start.....lucky is a receiver.

I have been saying this for ever. Lucky needs to be a receiver. And then I would worry about him catching passes over the middle. He seems to have a fear of contact. And I agree Helu needs to be the starter with out a doubt. Lucky only really steps up after one of the other backs have a good performance. Doak Walker award....... I THINK NOT.

Starting Helu would improve this team 40%-50%.

Yeah, well 95% of all statistics can be made to say whatever you want..............50% of the time!

As for Lucy playing WR. NEVER going to happen. One thing seperates Lucky from Helu in my eyes. And it's not speed. (Helu if faster) It's VISION! Helu's is just better at this point.

1700 total yards last year ring a bell? I'm not saying I'm just saying. Name another back in NU history that had that many total yards in a season and got bashed as much as Lucky does. You can't, this kid gets no respect.

Anyway back to the Helu/Lucky thing.

The FB is a waste of space these first 2 games why not play Lucky and Helu at the same time in a split backfield? We ran that out of the shotgun against WM with Lucky and Castille, why not Helu and Lucky?

Castille shouldn't get carries until he learns to hold onto the ball.IMO

Lucky was overrated and overhyped, that is why a guy with 1700 total yards last year is barely on the national radar. Most of his yards came either receiving the ball, or against lower lever competition. The writing is on the wall, if he isn't in space he gets nothing. If he gets touched, he falls down. Expanding on what another poster wrote, he is best being a check-off back who catches swing passes.

I didn't realize that 1,019 yds rushing and 705 yds receiving were "disappointing" stats. He has had two bad games this season and you all jump on him like he's played like sh#t his whole career. Granted he has had more than just two bad games, but we as fans should rally behind him and not talk about how worthless he is.

I seriously don't understand all the sentimentality towards Lucky. He's had four years to prove that he is a great back.....but all he's proven is that he was good last year against low tier teams and hasn't done much else. He's average at best. Helu has shown more promise than Lucky. I say play Lucky only on passing downs and give the starting nod to Helu.

I didn't realize that 1,019 yds rushing and 705 yds receiving were "disappointing" stats. He has had two bad games this season and you all jump on him like he's played like sh#t his whole career. Granted he has had more than just two bad games, but we as fans should rally behind him and not talk about how worthless he is.

:clap:yeah:nanalama

I have been against him since he stepped foot on campus! I really wanted him to enter the draft last year so we didn't have to put up with his indecision on every carry.

[x] Helu Jr get's my vote :woo

If you put both Lucky and Helu behind a good/great OL, my guess is that Lucky shines more so than Helu. RB's hesitate typically because they are waiting for the hole to emerge. Our OL really isn't opening any holes. Helu simply hits daylight which at this point is making him the better RB at this juncture of the season than Lucky who is still waiting for a hole to emerge. We just need to put the RB in that is having the hot hand at the moment.

i think that a 2 back system like a split shotgun might work well with lucky motioning to the slot or wing or something in that nature. then we can pass run with helu reverse whatever. just an idea though. with ganz in the backfield that also makes for a dangerously quick backfield.

and now boys and girls. i have been reading this thread and have seen comments on castille and how hes not what he used to be. well IMO we have three backs. is that necessary? i dont want to rally the troops on this but the thought of castille on defense anyone? got the idea with glenn. castille is a workhorse while quick. and i think might make a great outside backer. meanwhile he knows the offense well enough for what he does. and thus could be used as short yardage back or periodically whenever. kindof like tampa used to do with warren sapp. only smaller version. and more versatile. just a thought. let me know what you think..

If you only have 2 RB's, what do you do if one goes down? Then we are down to just 1 and no one to sub in to keep fresh legs back there. I still remember when the #4 RB started back in 95' because everyone ahead of him was either suspended or hurt. Not saying Castille couldn't be great on D, I'm just saying only having 2 RB's is dangerous in todays college football.