What i'm seeing...

walksalone

good thread.... remember, our previous head coach wasn't 2-0 in his first year. pretty similar game for the first three quarters as that game against southern miss.

no panic, no monotny on offense or defense...

how is that not better than the previous HMFIC?

4-0 into missouri is still feasable. if you tell people that missouri and nebraska were to be undefeated into that game, i'm pretty sure that you would have a lot of happy people.

that last half proved to me we could play with missouri. and if the offense can click, and gans can play mistake free football, i would roll the dice and take my chances. juice williams had a field day on that team. and i tend to believe joe is a better thrower than juice.

i blame a lot of high expectations on the preseason hype concerning how efficient the offense would be, running game and all.......it just ain't so, it just isn't going to be as potent as we hoped....that said, focusing on playing mistake free football, on both sides of the ball, falls to the coaches.......i am wondering what or how much time was spent on emphasizing the basics in preseason drills/work. installing a new system can sometimes overwhelm the basics of good technique.......missed tackles, missed assignments, mental mistakes......all basic stuff here guys, needs to be addressed before installing too much more in the game planning....we'll see how the coaches handle it going forward, but we all agree, there is a ton of work to do..

good thread.... remember, our previous head coach wasn't 2-0 in his first year. pretty similar game for the first three quarters as that game against southern miss.

no panic, no monotny on offense or defense...

how is that not better than the previous HMFIC?

4-0 into missouri is still feasable. if you tell people that missouri and nebraska were to be undefeated into that game, i'm pretty sure that you would have a lot of happy people.

that last half proved to me we could play with missouri. and if the offense can click, and gans can play mistake free football, i would roll the dice and take my chances. juice williams had a field day on that team. and i tend to believe joe is a better thrower than juice.

If we are 4-0 by the time Mizzou gets to Lincoln, it's going to have a hell of a lot of people talking about Bo. I think it would give us a chance to give them a hell of a game, and maybe shock a few people.

You guys are serious in need of a friggin' hobby...

I know we're all serious fans on the board with opinions and the majority of the time make very sound and solid points.

I've read a few of these post game threads, and a fair portion of you have the wheels coming off this team and on the train to "Callahanville". Granted for the better portion of this game, we had a hell of a fight on our hands, and we should have beaten them more soundly than we did.

But, it's the second game of the season folks. I say again, the second game of the season.

I really don't think you know what kind of team that you have until possibly the 4th or 5th game of the season. Those two games just happen to be Va Tech and Mizzou.

Next week, I believe more mistakes will be remedied, and next saturday when we play New Mexico State, things will be better. This year we have a coach that has something that we were sorely lacking last year. That is the ability to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

I thought that football was a hobby.

I want to know this though, who's fault is it for crappy tackling and blown blocking assignments? Because the last 4 years all of those errors were on the coaches so I ask are they this year as well?

Bo himself said it was the coaches fault in his post game...

That in itself is better than last year and makes you think it might get addressed.

even IF we get by VT......we just plain don't match up well with Missouri.

remember, Daniels said we played like high school kids last year...his team, if anything, has gotten better......honestly, honestly, we don't have a snowballs change in hell of beating Missouri......reality.

Yeah, that game will hurt a little but......

I do think we can be 4-0 going into it.

Nothing really to disagree with there, but when our penalty yards are greater than our rushing yards and our O-line has proved itself inept yet again against a weak opponent, you can either reach for the Kool-aid, try to put it in perspective, or face some kind of reality. I really hope the team improves and comes out swinging next week. If we can put up 300 rushing yards against the Aggies or blow out VA Tech, I'll be the first to say there are bright things on our immediate horizon. But today was a bad omen. We have a long way to go.

Things are still being put together, and don't get me wrong, I was in disbelief at the two procedure penalties, and the delay of game penalty that made it 3rd and a couple miles, but this is all a work in progress.

Bo is a hell of a coach, and maybe we're putting to much on his shoulders at this point.

I'm not trying to be an apologist by any stretch, but this is his first real HC job, and he's learning on the job as well.

Osborne used to get delay of game penalties getting the plays in to the offense all the time...drove me nuts. I don't think there was a single game that went by that Osborne didn't do it.

1995 Colorado. No penalties. No turnovers.

Just finished watching the replay on FSN.

San Jose State IS a well-coached team AND they have some talent. Those Ihenacho boys might be playing on Sundays. Their DBs were much better than WMU.

Our OL does not seem to have the fire. Did not see many pancakes.

Helu has a sense of running Lucky does not have - he makes things happen by himself.

We did wear them down in the 4th and dominated - and that in itself should say that we are making positive strides over the last staff.

Maybe we'll see more option in the future. When we ran it, the potential was there. Joe had a nice run, and if Q hadn't fumbled...

No, the game wasn't pretty and no, San Jose st. is not a household name. But TO had plenty of these games early in his career.

I think we all can agree that this team still has a ways to go, before we start talking about beating Mizzo or any of the top teams in the Big 12. I think that yesterday was a wake up call to the kids that, don't believe the hype they heard after the WM game. San Jose St, was a better team than WM, faster and stronger and was ready to play. The Husker's will get to a bowl game this year, if we beat the teams we are supposed to. I just hope to see us play with heart and not the team last year that threw the towel in when things started going bad and let it get out of control without putting up a good effort till the end. This team looks like they will fight till the end. The defense was tested all day, and kept us in the game till the special teams and the offence got going. I saw no quit in them, not like last year. Patience is a virtue and we are going to need a lot of it, ;) for a couple of years. 2-0 can't complain, lot of teams aren't.

GBR!!!