So Which Conference is better? (POLL)

Best NCAA Conference  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oklahoma and Missouri are the class of the Big 12 right now. Then you have teams like Texas, Kansas, Texas Tech, Nebraska. I think SEC definitely has more at the top - Florida, Georgia, LSU, maybe I'd throw Alabama in there too.

I also think their mid-tier teams would probably be more than match enough for say, KSU or A&M or Iowa State or Baylor. Maybe it's just I'm more familiar with the Big 12 that I don't think some of these teams are very good.

the big 12 matches up better than some would have you believe. The bottom half of the SEC is not that tough. South Carolina, Mississippi, Miss. St, Arkansas, Tennessee & Kentucky.

Like others have said pair them up.

Georgia/Oklahoma

Florida/Missouri

LSU/Texas

Alabama/Texas Tech

Auburn/Kansas

Vandy/Oklahoma St.

Kentucky/Colorado

South Carolina/Nebraska

Tennessee/Kansas St

Mississippi/Baylor

Arkansas/Iowa State

Miss. St./Texas A&M

I like the big 12's chances more than not. The SEC may be more top heavy, but I feel the big 12 is more balanced

Big 12.

Not by a landslide, but overall yes.

I guess I could put up a good case but just dont want to. When I watch SEC games I see a lot of punting and struggling, some 5 yard gains and many 3-and-outs. I dont see great defenses (although there are a few excellent ones) across the board. I just see offenses that struggle. And its not b/c of great D.. It's because they are not explosive on offense. That's were I think the Big 12 has the edge.

Top to bottom I favor the Big XII.

LSU, AU, GA, and ALA all play great D, I just think our top 4--OU, TX, MO, TT--could outscore them. ;)

ALA, in particular, is way overrated at this point, based almost solely on their over Clemson which is typically a topsy turvey team.

And Vandy at 25? Like, 'so what..' :bs:

the big 12 matches up better than some would have you believe. The bottom half of the SEC is not that tough. South Carolina, Mississippi, Miss. St, Arkansas, Tennessee & Kentucky.

Georgia/Oklahoma

Florida/Missouri

LSU/Texas

Alabama/Texas Tech

Auburn/Kansas

Vandy/Oklahoma St.

Kentucky/Colorado

South Carolina/Nebraska

Tennessee/Kansas St

Mississippi/Baylor

Arkansas/Iowa State

Miss. St./Texas A&M

I like the big 12's chances more than not. The SEC may be more top heavy, but I feel the big 12 is more balanced

Really? Oklahoma and Colorado are the only matchups in which I would feel confident picking the Big 12 team. I give Florida, LSU, Auburn, Vandy, and Ole Miss clear advantages over the teams you've matched them up with and the rest are toss-ups.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Big 12 is the second best conference in the land, but there's no other conference that compares to the athleticism of SEC teams from top to bottom.

Georgia/Oklahoma

Florida/Missouri

LSU/Texas

Alabama/Texas Tech

Auburn/Kansas

Vandy/Oklahoma St.

Kentucky/Colorado

South Carolina/Nebraska

Tennessee/Kansas St

Mississippi/Baylor

Arkansas/Iowa State

Miss. St./Texas A&M

Really? Oklahoma and Colorado are the only matchups in which I would feel confident picking the Big 12 team. I give Florida, LSU, Auburn, Vandy, and Ole Miss clear advantages over the teams you've matched them up with and the rest are toss-ups.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Big 12 is the second best conference in the land, but there's no other conference that compares to the athleticism of SEC teams from top to bottom.

On a side note, I would think if any big 12 fans would put the "best atheletes play in the SEC" thing to rest it would be Nebraska fans. I remember hearing just how fast they were back a number of years ago. How there were SOOOOOO fast they would blow the BIG SLOW farm team off the field.. You ALL know what I am talking about. Just go back and google the SI cover to see how the nation thought prior to that game. The big 12 is loaded with athletes also.

I don't really think too many of the matchups are clear cut. But I watch ALOT of Big 12 and SEC football. I just can not see this being lopsided. Maybe its because MU has had some sucsess against SEC schools. I dont know. I just think that the teams are pretty even, but the big 12 offenses would be the difference.

I think the difference between the big 12 O/sec O is greater than the big 12 D/sec D