So Which Conference is better? (POLL)

Best NCAA Conference  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As of right now I said SEC. In the next few years the Big XII will be even or ahead of the SEC. I look at the coaches throughout the Big XII and top to bottom I think we have better coaches. Even at the lower tier programs like Baylor and ISU, the teams are getting better. NU is on the way up, as is CU. MU and KU hopefully will be more consistantly good and the conference as whole wil be extremely tough in the future.

SEC. We have to prove that we are better first...Our D in the Big 12 is lackluster. I am fairly certain that the Aub, UGA, LSU, etc. defenses could hang with our offenses.

By etc., who else do you mean? South Carolina, Tennesse, Vanderbilt? Or maybe even Ole Miss and Miss State? What about Arkansas and Kentucky? That's 7 teams right there that I strongly feel could not stop (defensively) these offenses:

Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, or Oklahoma State.

Not trying to be ugly. I'm just strictly talking this year b/c each year can vary. :)

SEC....by far, better overall speed and athletes...Missouri would get creamed by a lot of SEC teams. OU and UT would definitely have their hands full, as well. after that, we fall off pretty quickly.

I could understand your arguement for the top three teams, but since when did 3 of 12 become a lot? lol

Even then I think that MU can play with or even beat the top 3. THey have proven over the past 3 years they can hang with SEC teams. Just ask Ole Miss, SC and Arkansas

Let's consider MO. K, TAR owned a weakened ARK in the 'We-Got-The-Shaft-Bowl' in '07. Means nothing this yr since TAR figures itself a 'playa' on the national stage and REALLY needs to start puttin' up or shuttin' up; that is, knock off some of the big boys. I mean, TAR lost to OU like 5 TIMES last yr?!

So, right now, do I think TAR takes AU. LSU, GA, FL? Hmmm, yes, I'd give them a good chance vs those teams.

It's GBR that's gonna whoop 'em! :moreinteresting

:rollin

SEC....by far, better overall speed and athletes...Missouri would get creamed by a lot of SEC teams. OU and UT would definitely have their hands full, as well. after that, we fall off pretty quickly.

Seriously? No, negatory. Missouri would not get creamed by a lot of SEC teams. In fact, no one in the SEC would cream Missouri... Or Texas.. Or Oklahoma.. Or Kansas.. Or Texas Tech..

Possible slight beat down on NU, OSU, and CU. But that's only on the road against the top 3 teams in the SEC. Against the rest of the league? No way Jose. Not in this lifetime.

For you my man, and all others that buy into the SEC as numero uno toughness conference (and by the way, there is only one numero uno and he is here Proudly on the board) here's a newsflash:

SEC does not mean LSU only. Which a majority of people think that's what SEC means.

SEC does not mean Florida & LSU. Or throw in Georgia (first time in a decade they've been ranked so high.. and based on preseason feel good predictions for heaven's sake)..

SEC means all 12 teams. And 7 out of the 12 are average teams at best. Mediocre. Non-top 25. Decent defense, no offense.

Maybe it's just me and a few others that actually watch the games and have a feel for what's happening on the field.

The "hands down, better athletes, overall speed" hogwash is just that. A bold statement of crapola. Without the "ola".

Gosh who voted for the ACC. Even as a Hokie I know the ACC is nowhere near the SEC or Big 12 right now.

I voted SEC for now. The Big 12 is closing the gap, but I want to see what Mizzou does when Chase Daniel is gone, Kansas does with Reesing gone etc. I want to see if those two can be more then 1 year wonders, if they can sustain it. Plus the SEC has the last 2 national champs and the Sooners have been getting trumped in the big bowl games lately.

Seriously? No, negatory. Missouri would not get creamed by a lot of SEC teams. In fact, no one in the SEC would cream Missouri... Or Texas.. Or Oklahoma.. Or Kansas.. Or Texas Tech..

Possible slight beat down on NU, OSU, and CU. But that's only on the road against the top 3 teams in the SEC. Against the rest of the league? No way Jose. Not in this lifetime.

For you my man, and all others that buy into the SEC as numero uno toughness conference (and by the way, there is only one numero uno and he is here Proudly on the board) here's a newsflash:

SEC does not mean LSU only. Which a majority of people think that's what SEC means.

SEC does not mean Florida & LSU. Or throw in Georgia (first time in a decade they've been ranked so high.. and based on preseason feel good predictions for heaven's sake)..

SEC means all 12 teams. And 7 out of the 12 are average teams at best. Mediocre. Non-top 25. Decent defense, no offense.

Maybe it's just me and a few others that actually watch the games and have a feel for what's happening on the field.

The "hands down, better athletes, overall speed" hogwash is just that. A bold statement of crapola. Without the "ola".

First, Florida would cream Texas, Kansas, or Texas Tech

Second, I haven't heard anyone suggest the SEC=LSU. Apparently, you think the SEC stinks after LSU and Florida (maybe Georgia). Sorry, but Auburn, Alabama, and South Carolina are better than mediocre. More to the point, the bottom of every conference is mediocre. Are the bottom seven teams of the Big 12 top 25? Of course not.

Third, how about offering an opinion based on evidence, instead of dismissing everyone who disagrees with you as not part of the selective few "that actually watch the games and have a feel for what's happening on the field."

Just look at the polls. Predictions are nothing more than opinions. The proof is in the pudding. The SEC has more teams ranked right now. With all the speculation about who would win what games, only OU could hang with the big 3 of the SEC because of their D. UT might be able to hold their own. With Mizzou's somewhat porous D, I don't think they stand much of a chance. We saw what an aggressive D does to a fun'n gun back in 1995. I'm almost ashamed of what the Big 12 has become. Watching a lot of teams in the Big 12 is like watching a WAC game. While watching a lot of scoring can be nice, it still doesn't compare to a trench war.