THE SPREAD OFFENSE

OLDMAN

In my opinion the spread offense is ruining college football.

I don't enjoy seeing the ball go up and down the field basketball game style.

I don't like the high scoring games either.

These type of games don't build character in players............just the opposite.

What is your opinion?

Lets hear it from the more mature who post here.

And not the preteens who haven't seen other styles of offenses thru the years.

These type of games don't build character in players............just the opposite.

What is your opinion?

It's winning football games, and if you're a coach and you don't win, you get fired. Ask Bill Callahan. The Spread is here until the Spread Defense is invented.

Honestly, I like both styles of play. The part about the spread that people love is it is more "exciting" to watch and isn't just pounding the rock over and over again. The part about the option style of play or more running style of play that is fun to watch is a running back just running over the top of the LB or making a play when there was no room to make it.

What is your opinion?

It's winning football games, and if you're a coach and you don't win, you get fired. Ask Bill Callahan. The Spread is here until the Spread Defense is invented.

The spread offense is around until most teams have changed to a lighter faster defense at which time a power game will re-emerge to take advantage of the smaller defenses...................and back again........football evolution.

What is your opinion?

I tend to agree, but didn't we cover this topic a few weeks back?

Well, I'm a man. I'm 27. Don't pick on an offense that's done everything right. Blame it for ruinin' CFB because it did everything right.

God forbid we change for the better, I am so sick of this ridiculous view. I loved the option, and it will still work. I hated the wishbone, because it was OU's offense. If it puts points on the board, it is a good offense. You don't have to like it to appreciate it. It isn't ruining college football any more than rock and roll ruined society.

You don't like seeing the ball going up and down the field basketball style? So you hated the '95 team? It scored just as quickly as a spread team. As a matter of fact, the spread doesn't break big plays any more often than a regular offense.

I think you don't like it because you didn't come up with it in your generation, just like everything else that's new or improved.

Somebody as "oldschool" as you is rare to find on THE INTERNET!