Screwed

herbers42

I noticed Suh making a hit out of bounds that was questionable, and Bo flipping out and getting another penalty. I didn't notice any "game deciding" by the refs.

So, the questionable call was not "game deciding"? When a big game like this comes down to the wire, it's the PLAYERS who should decide the game. That call was obvious to everyone I was with that it was the end. The Cornhuskers won the 4th quarter, they OUTPLAYED VT to win the game.

I'm dissapointed, but not upset. The huskers played with heart and the tried their best. I like where our program is headed!

Nah. In the long list of controversial referee decisions, this wasn't close. We got more screwed by Bo Pelini taking that second 15-yard penalty than by Suh's late hit.

These things happen in officiating; it's not perfect. Sometimes it helps us, sometimes it hurts us. But fair is fair and 35-30 is the final score, and it doesn't do any good to whine about it. They had their chances, and clawed their way back from down 18, but couldn't put it together in the end.

Showed some promise, but a loss is a loss. We weren't the better team on the field today, because the scoreboard is all that matters.

The call on Suh hurt more, it would have been 4th down.

Either way, calm the f#*k down guys. Anyone thinking the refs lost us the game is just downright retarded.

Jesus christ. No wonder I hate going out to watch games

Nebraska was outplayed by (at least at this time) a better team. They need to learn to win again, and that takes time and opportunity. The defense, who was basically uncoached for several years, has to keep learning. The offensive line just isn't tough enough, they are lifelong pass blockers trying to play old-time Nebraska football. I don't think that Slauson's crap on his face intimidated VaTech, do you? Maybe he chould just concentrate on football.

They're still learning. Did you see the guys acting like idiots after Swift's touchdown? One of the coaches shut them down, seemingly telling them to get their heads back into the game. That is improvement.

I noticed Suh making a hit out of bounds that was questionable, and Bo flipping out and getting another penalty. I didn't notice any "game deciding" by the refs.

So, the questionable call was not "game deciding"? When a big game like this comes down to the wire, it's the PLAYERS who should decide the game. That call was obvious to everyone I was with that it was the end. The Cornhuskers won the 4th quarter, they OUTPLAYED VT to win the game.

I'm dissapointed, but not upset. The huskers played with heart and the tried their best. I like where our program is headed!

First of all, the hit was questionable...meaning it could have gone as a penalty or not as one. It's one of those things where I would not say either call is wrong. I'm not saying the call was questionable, the hit was. The Huskers outplayed VT in the 4th, but were far enough behind they couldn't come back. The refs had nothing to do with it.

Everyone needs to put the kool aid down and call a spade a spade...

Many of you begged for Bo for his passion...

which you got, along with his stupidity! This is the same coach that berated an opposing coach after a game for "running it up" because his D couldn't stop them...

This is the same coach that has had numerous flags thrown on him for berating officials...ask Stoops and Les Miles...

You hire a D coordinator, expect two things to happen....

1 - The offense will struggle, maybe lack of prep time or attention to detail, not sure just know it happens (ie Auburn)

2 - The bonehead will come out in him when his D struggles....

Whether or not the Suh hit was a penalty is debatable, as for me, I say let em play, but the fact our HC was penalized at that point in the game shows a total lack of restraint on his behalf...

For all the Bo backers, chalk this up on games he directly cost us.....

First of all, the hit was questionable...meaning it could have gone as a penalty or not as one. It's one of those things where I would not say either call is wrong. I'm not saying the call was questionable, the hit was. The Huskers outplayed VT in the 4th, but were far enough behind they couldn't come back. The refs had nothing to do with it.

Agree