Record?

what will our reg season record be?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

now that weve played a good team, which we shoulda won,what do u think this years record will be? i chose 8-4 with loses to VT, OU, Mizzou, and TT

KU will win at Lincoln this year if things dont improve in a hurry. I initially said we could go 9-3, ha!! No more koolaid. I think 6-6 is realistic by beating Baylor, Iowa State and K-State. The rest of the games are going to be tough wins and if Lucky keeps getting the nod to run, then look for more losses.

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU is good folks.

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around, hawkins has something started there.

-- 6-6 lots of players back from a poor 5-7 team. first year HC, mostly new coaching staff.

7-5 is possible as well, the CU game is pretty much a toss-up in my mind, only giving Hawkins the edge because it's not HIS first season!

The losses I can see is agaist MU, TT, and OU. But I think we can pull off wins agaist Iowa State, Baylor, KU, K-State, and Colorado. But you never no so for the worse I am saying is 7-5. I'm atleast hopeing for a Bowl Game and a better record then last year. I also think the team learned alot about the team this weekend and now now what they need to work on to improve both on offense and D.

Ehh. I am kind of down on the Huskers right now after seeing this game. I thought we had an okay team this year, but I was definitely wrong.

Originally I had said that we would most likely go 8-4, but based on this game there is absolutely no way we will go 8-4. Most likely we will go 6-6 with losses to: Missouri, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Hopefully we can pull out a win against either Kansas State or Colorado, but I'm not sure we can.

6-6 and we might go to a bowl game. 7-5 we probably would, but right now, I see 7-5 out-of-reach.

I said it before the season when everyone was thinking this team would go 8-4 or even 9-3. This is the same team as last year, with even less depth on Defense. That team went 5-7 so addition of a new coach does not add 3-4 wins a year unless it is a VERY special year. A new coach with some better coaching techniques may add 1 or 2 wins but he still needs the athletes to play and these are the same athletes as last year's disappointing team. Everyone drank the kool-aid but now it looks as though the kool-aid well ran dry.

Now people can point out the Oregon St. win of USC or the Ole Miss win over Florida and say anything can happen and Nebraska can win against Mizzou or Tech or OU, etc. But in 4 1/2 years we have not seen this team beat someone that they were not supposed to beat, in fact they routinely have lost to teams they should have beat. It's just not in Nebraska's makeup right now. So sure it could happen but I don't see it happening. Next year maybe, but not this year. Patience is needed and they will be better in the long run.

People need to curb their expectations because those who have huge expectations for a team that just does not have the talent to do so will be the most disappointed and the ones with the least amount of patience for a new coaching staff.

We will play hard against elite teams, this won't be like last year where we go hide in a hole so we don't get blown out of the water.

not saying they won't play hard. But playing hard obviously doesn't equate to wins. It gives a better chance but this team has too much up hill to climb in a tough conference.