Bo's Penalty

I for one wish Bo would apologize to everyone for it. Childish bitching to the refs does nothing but harm the team and in this instance put is in a very tough spot. Without that penalty we had a much better chance to hold them to a FG. To be fair if I were Bo I would also submit a formal complaint about the officiating.

Also, was anyone wishing we would have just punted away from their guys the whole game like they did to us after Swift's return? I don't know if Kunalic can boot it out the endzone every time, but I would have been shooting for that as well. Ugh...ifs ifs ifs...

Stupid Stupid Stupid............ I like Bo's passion and fire.....he is the right man for the job, but under the circumstances this was pathetically stupid. If we hold them to a field goal, we have plenty of time to possibly score and add 2pt for a tie game. This gave VT 1st and goal with momentum and our D not much of a chance. This played out HUGE ! If Peterson doesn't fumble, we are already almost in fg range, considering Henry's 48 yd would have been good by 58..... without the cheap TD by Bo's penalty, a fg would have tied the game with 10 sec.

I love Bo, but he did the same thing in the Alamo Bowl and put our D in jeopardy, luckily they had the talent to overcome that one (and Smoker sucked) or we might have been beaten there too.

He needs to realize when to pull back a little.

:yeah The head coach should never lose his composure like that...it was his job to reign Suh in, even if the call was questionable. Because he got a flag thrown on him, I think Suh got his second one because nobody put him in check on the sidelines. At that point the game kind of turned against us more than it was already looking.

Bo's penalty would have never happened had our D been disciplined enough to not hit a guy out of bounds... That would have made it 4th down, and on the very fringe of field goal range. Then we get 30 yards of penalties and suddenly its first and 10 from just outside the 10.

From the replay it looked like Suh was already diving to get the angle and then met Taylor when they were both out of bounds. It would have been impossible for him to stop himself because he had already left his feet. It just so happens his angle to Taylor was the wrong one to hit him (barring no other defender forcing Taylor out of bounds it would have been the right one) to knock him out of bounds but the right one to have them both collide after the fact.

I had a coach when I was younger that would always get kicked out of games for yelling at the refs. We were devoted to him because he was a good coach and went to bat for us. We won many championships and we were always a winning team and his reactions toward the refs never caused one of us to get out of control. It is on you and only you as a player to stay poised in pressure situations. If you cross the line, the coach should be there to reel you back in. If the coach feels you were right, he will stick up for you. This is just my experience and MHO.

It's never acceptable. Ever, ever.

not so much acceptable as just part of some people's personality.

Maybe some people shouldn't have that much pressure placed on them if that is how they react in those types of situations. It was bad enough that Suh got called for a questionable personal foul, but Pelini might as well have just given the Hokies the end zone by adding 15 more to it. Absolutely uncalled for and it is embarassing. I had a youth basketball coach that got kicked out of games for arguing with refs. It didn't fire us up, it embarassed us.

This is a lot different than in baseball when the coach gets kicked out, he runs the game from the clubhouse and no harm no foul. This cost 15 yards in a crucial spot. I get the fact that Pelini is fiery, but so was Callahan. Most thought he was an embarassment to the program for "slashgate" and "f'ing hillbillies." But Pelini gets a pass from most because "he just wants to win so bad." That logic completely reaks of bullsh#t.

Maybe some people shouldn't have that much pressure placed on them if that is how they react in those types of situations. It was bad enough that Suh got called for a questionable personal foul, but Pelini might as well have just given the Hokies the end zone by adding 15 more to it. Absolutely uncalled for and it is embarassing. I had a youth basketball coach that got kicked out of games for arguing with refs. It didn't fire us up, it embarassed us.

This is a lot different than in baseball when the coach gets kicked out, he runs the game from the clubhouse and no harm no foul. This cost 15 yards in a crucial spot. I get the fact that Pelini is fiery, but so was Callahan. Most thought he was an embarassment to the program for "slashgate" and "f'ing hillbillies." But Pelini gets a pass from most because "he just wants to win so bad." That logic completely reaks of bullsh#t.

with out the penalty from Bo. it is still 1st and 10 from the 20, giving them more time to run off of the clock.

1 penalty, 10 yards closer, more time to try and come back

Here's to hoping all parties involved learn something from last nights game. :cheers

This is Bo. It has always been Bo. It has it's positives, but over all it is not good for the program or the team. It makes the players feel above the refs/rules. But in honesty it is not the reason we lost. We lost because we could not run the ball.

We need to let this go. I am sure Bo has talked heatedly with Coach Osborne about this.

But be prepareded for it to happen on a regular basis. His fire wants to win worse than anything. I love him for that. TO will figure him out and get him under control, or at least as much as possible

Time to let it go. It is over and all the talk we do about it makes no difference.

On to Missouri, did I really say that. God what a butt whipping that is going to be.