Unofficial MU smack talk.......

And considering MU is a better offense and probably the better of the two on D, that makes the NU statements all that much more laughable.

....I'm pretty sure MU is last in the Big XII in total D. And considering their schedule so far, that's kinda pathetic.

...i'm pretty sure Illinios would rock NU and that Nevada would give you a run. What I'm most sure about though is that MU's starters came out with 7 mins remaining in the SECOND quarter against SEMO and with 9 mins left in the THIRD against Nevada. Lets look at those rankings again after conference and when our 3rd stringers are not playing half the game.

BTW, San Jose, New Mexico St, Directional Mich. and the 112th ranked VT offenses are not exactly power packed.. pretty pathetic that Taylor almost equalled his previous three games against NU. <_<

PS. go look at Daniel's stats and THEN remember that is really only 3 games worth of playing time.

And considering MU is a better offense and probably the better of the two on D, that makes the NU statements all that much more laughable.

....I'm pretty sure MU is last in the Big XII in total D. And considering their schedule so far, that's kinda pathetic.

...i'm pretty sure Illinios would rock NU and that Nevada would give you a run. What I'm most sure about though is that MU's starters came out with 7 mins remaining in the SECOND quarter against SEMO and with 9 mins left in the THIRD against Nevada. Lets look at those rankings again after conference and when our 3rd stringers are not playing half the game.

BTW, San Jose, New Mexico St, Directional Mich. and the 112th ranked VT offenses are not exactly power packed.. pretty pathetic that Taylor almost equalled his previous three games against NU. <_<

PS. go look at Daniel's stats and THEN remember that is really only 3 games worth of playing time.

Just an interesting stat for those comparing defenses. Mizzou is ranked 38th in the country in yards allowed per play, whereas Nebraska currently ranks 51st. Now we can take into account the fact that Mizzou has played some lesser teams, SEMO for example, who should have helped them pad that stat even more, but after checking a few more stats, the average ranking of offenses that Mizzou has played (placing SEMO at 175, 55th in FCS) is 64 and the avg ranking of offense that Nebraska has played is 75.5. Now i know some of you will say that the reason there is a descrepency in the rankings is that Nebraskas defense is better, therefore the teams they have played will be ranked lower, and that is an understandable rebuttle, but I thought this was a very curious statistic considering Mizzou has supposedly 'struggled' so far this year on defense. According to these stats it is likely caused by the fact that our offense leaves them on the field the whole game! Would like to hear some other thoughts....

Husker fans, you guys are great. This will be my second trip to lincoln and i am really looking forward to it. Fans are always great and respect good football. I have been put in an interesting situation since a good friend of mine decided to become a husker. I have been a lifelong tiger fan which makes it impossible to fully turn my allegiance. So im just hoping for a great game!! MIZ/GBR

I doubt Illinois would "rock" NU by any stretch of the imagination. We beat Nevada 52-10 last year, although their offense supposedly gained steam throughout the year. I don't know. NU did manage to hold two similarly pass-happy WAC offenses to a combined 19 points, 7 of which came after a fumble was returned to the 2 yard line.

I'm not going to argue for the effectiveness of our D. They have been questionable. I do think the Va Tech stats are deceiving, though. They ran 20 more plays than our offense did. I think it's a stretch to say Mizzou has a stronger D and call O'Hanlon's comment "laughable" because of it.

For what it's worth, according to the all-knowing (cough) ESPN, Nebraska's D is#64 nationally, and Missouri's is #81.

Those number are Total Defense (and they're incorrect - MU is 79)

But the number that matters is Scoring Defense. Points are what determines games. Through 4 games, NU has given up 19.5. Mizzou 20.8. It's a wash.

here's the official NCAA stats site:

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year...IA&site=org

For what it's worth, according to the all-knowing (cough) ESPN, Nebraska's D is#64 nationally, and Missouri's is #81.

Is that just in total yards though? That is what i was trying to take out of consideration since Mizzou's defense is on the field much more than most. I think they had run close to 50 more defensive plays this year than most teams due to the fact that their offense scores so fast.

Those number are Total Defense (and they're incorrect - MU is 79)

But the number that matters is Scoring Defense. Points are what determines games. Through 4 games, NU has given up 19.5. Mizzou 20.8. It's a wash.

here's the official NCAA stats site:

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year...IA&site=org

I guess we better just call it a tie then...

whooooa the :koolaid2: is dripping all over this thread ... honestly i'd say Missouri has played a better schedule so far than Nebraska .... Illinois would probably beat VT and Nevada would surely beat any of the three teams Nebraska beat... and as far as defenses, Missouri has Sean Weatherspoon and William Moore (who hasn't played much at all because of injury) ... Nebraska doesn't have the individuals on D to compare to those two.... let's just hope NU brings their A game on saturday night or this game could get ugly in a hurry

whooooa the :koolaid2: is dripping all over this thread ... honestly i'd say Missouri has played a better schedule so far than Nebraska .... Illinois would probably beat VT and Nevada would surely beat any of the three teams Nebraska beat... and as far as defenses, Missouri has Sean Weatherspoon and William Moore (who hasn't played much at all because of injury) ... Nebraska doesn't have the individuals on D to compare to those two.... let's just hope NU brings their A game on saturday night or this game could get ugly in a hurry

Yep. Don't be surprised if Moore gets taken out of the game though. A high ankle sprain is always a touchy injury.

CY,

I heard a cool little quirk the other day. Only 4 teams in the country have 3, elite 11 QB's on their rosters.

USC

CAL

GEORGIA

MIZZOU.

Now I will not pretend like Daniel is not the main catylist that makes this thing pop. But there is ALOT of talent and difference between MU and Iowa St.

Missouri is only one Chase Daniel broken arm or leg away from being Iowa State...except without teeth.

That's probably something he should remember when he and his understudy speak about any opponent. Especially the psychotic ones.... <_<

not that i wish injuries on other teams players............but i like how this guy thinks, "generally speaking"

:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box