Friggin' Tiger fan!

ya gotta cut MU a lil slack, they been on the other side of a 52-17 score many many timnes against us. That being said, they'll get their come uppance against my Longhorns and probably Okiehoma as well, so they aint goin to no national championship which is really all their seaosn is about so in the end their season is just gonna be another failure.

Typical Texan.

Big words, big banners, and big predictions. In my experience, I've found most Texans to be all hat and no cowboy.

October 18th awaits my friend. Show me...

I was sitting in Section 4 Row A (East Staduim, right behind the Husker bench) and right behind me a Tiger fan. He was a complete fool in his early 20's. He kept ripping the Huskers and ripping Pelini. The Husker fans around him asked him to be quiet. He said, "What I can't cheer for my squad? I paid for these tickets!!"

This kid was so rude the 40 year lady beside me turned around and said, "I wish you would Shut Up!"

"What I can't cheer for my squad?"

Then he randomly let out with: "Hey how's Lawrence Phillips doing? How's Thunder Collins doing?"

Later in the 4th quarter the West side of the stadium was clearing out and he said, (laughing) "Look we're sending them home early there is nobody here!"

Then in the closing seconds one of our backup lineman was talking to his mom and dad and this fool yells, "How come you're not in there? Not good enough?" Ricky Henry just gives him the thumbs up with a "you're a retard" kind of look. Kid says, "scoreboard Henry. Scoreboard." Class. Just real class.

It's a amazing to me how two good years in a row brings these chumps out of the woodwork. Two good years and they want to talk all this trash. We'll see what happens, hell even the Columbia newspaper says the Tigers will be lucky to finish 8-4 next season.

Anyway thanks to the Tigers for showing up once every 30 years.

The lesson learned from this goofball was one guy can ruin it for a number of people. I really had nothing against Mizzou before, while now I hope they lose every game. On the flip side, had we had a civil, level headed Mizzou fan sitting behind us we would've congratulated him on the win and probably cheered for them to have a good rest of the season. Not now, this kid just spoiled it.

I'm sure there are decent Tiger fans out there, I sure wish one would've been sitting behind me.

I wish Husker fans had it in 'em sometimes to piss on cars and key cars and crap on car hoods and be disrespectful when in another team's house.

Anyway, I had to vent.

To base your feelings for an entire team/fan base over one jackass is almost as stupid as the fan you are talking about. Overall I had a great experiance at the game. Struck up a number of long conversations with Husker fans ranging from 16 to 60 and got along wonderfully in SEC. 38. Enough to where the group my friend (fellow Tiger fan) and I were around were joking back and forth through out the game. Laughing and talking threw much of the game and we recieved handshakes and congrats by a good 30-40 fans as they left our section.

But on the walk from Brewsky's to the Staduim for kick off we had two NU jackasses messing with us. One who thought it was funny to talk sh#t about MU and Missouri as a state while making attempts to step on the heels of my shoes as I walked for about 5 blocks straight. He would occasionally make good on the try and give me a "flat tire". He would then laugh the play off an apoligy, only to start right back up. They other who got quite a kick out of slapping us on the back and saying those Tigers are going to be tough. Except he kept slapping us harder and harder. Enough to were I had to threaten to remove his arm from his body for him to stop. Needless to say I have a bruise that is the outline of a hand in the middle of my back.

If I acted like you are I would have posted about how NU fans are complete jackasses and how I hate Nebraska now. Go on a little rant about how much they suck and so on. Instead I only hate those two jackass, and if i ran across them again with no cops around, I might use all 6'4, 250 lbs of myself to teach them a leason in manners.

Anyway, I had a great time and look forward to returning in two years.

i stopped reading right at your post.. so this maybe have been said, but i can tell you right now im gonna say it again if it has....

i was in the student section, right by 3 mizzou fans. right after we scored to tie the game at 7, there was a little conversation going on. the 3 mizzou fans flat out admitted that the fans at nebraska don't even compare to mizzou. he said people at mizzou are absolute jackasses and it was times like that where he actually felt bad about that. he said we treated them very well, and said the only fan base he could compare to that is OU, because OU kicked their ass, and didn't say a word.... so your claim that its judging the whole fanbase off one person is pretty much not true. when even you're own fans admit that the majority of the fanbase are jackasses, its probably pretty true.

Again, thats one persons opinion. Your entitled to yours. I would bet there are some real pricks in Columbia. Just like there are some real pricks in Lincoln. You however will never convince me that "MU fans are horrible" I know personnal almost 100 grads/fans from that school. And I will say there are probably 2 I would say can be complete asshats. Infact they are the only two MU fans that I know like that. alums or not. Can they ruin someones image, yeah they can. And that sucks. But like I said, if I let other fans stories of 'NU fan' or the actions of few create a false image of an entire school/fanbase/state, that would be foolish.

I also dont believe all NU fans are self entitled, elitist, cry-babies, But i ran into quite a few people who felt they should win because "we are nebraksa", that they are better than everyone else because "we are the greatest fans in colllege football" and cry over how "the refs are costing us/Mu must have payed them off" That simply is not how ALL NU fans are.

I guess let me just say this. That type of thinking bothers me, and its not on a college football level. Taking it beyond football and into real life for a brief second. That 'grouping' reasoning is the talk I hear behind alot of hate in this world. Maybe you know where i'm coming from, maybe you don't. But until you have truely been looked down upon because of someones predisposed notion, then you probably wont know why i get defensive about post like these.

Anyway enough serious talk. Again I had a great time and for anyone who parks/tailgates in "the Lot" and those who were in sec 38, thanks for a fun night and good memories!

Also wanted to mention something I thought was pretty funny. My buddy and I met a MU fan (dad) NU fan (son) at the bar that we ended up budding up with for a good portion of the night. They proceded to tell us about a hooker who offered them a threeway with her for the night. Now to get the full piture the dad was in his mid 60's, son in the thirties. THe dad later joked he turned it down so he wouldn't embaress his son. He just smiled at us and said, "the ol' mans a pro" ;)

I almost pee'd myself

The mizzou fans were great around us. No idiots. Every fan base has them and I just take all posts like this with a grain of salt. It's not the fans that make Nebraska fans hate Mizzou. It's the QB. Enjoy your time at the top Mizzou fans because as we've painfully learned. It does not last forever.

The mizzou fans were great around us. No idiots. Every fan base has them and I just take all posts like this with a grain of salt. It's not the fans that make Nebraska fans hate Mizzou. It's the QB. Enjoy your time at the top Mizzou fans because as we've painfully learned. It does not last forever.

So you"ll be nicer to Gabbert? :lol:

:moreinteresting

So you"ll be nicer to Gabbert? :lol:

:moreinteresting

Gabbert made a decision for himself. I don't care that he went to Mizzou, just like I don't care Freeman went to KSU. As far as I know Gabbert doesn't have the attitude Daniel has. It'll work out in the end for everyone anyway. Gabbert didn't even get booed when he came into the game, I think Nebraska people don't care anymore because there is a new staff and a new direction. At least I don't.

We had an interesting situation happen by us. It was a group of fans, mostly husker fans with a couple of mizzou fans all sitting together. Nothing bad going on, seemed like friends just razzing each other through the game. No derogatory comments whatsoever. The mizzou fans actually were pretty nice guys, talked to one of them a little bit at halftime. Well i guess the group had snuck in a little alcohol, as a lot of students do, and had mixed it with the soda they had purchased. Well about the end of the third quarter a couple police officers came up and asked the Mizzou fans for their drinks. The kids didnt create a scene at all and cooperated with the police fully from what i saw. The officers said that some fans had notified them that they had alcohol. I just thought it was interesting that the entire group was drinking, yet the only ones taken away were the Mizzou fans. Didn't seem right to me, especially because they were not obnoxious or anything. Overall though i had a great experience in lincoln, talked to a lot of fans after the game and they were all great!! I will definitely be making a trip back!

ya gotta cut MU a lil slack, they been on the other side of a 52-17 score many many timnes against us. That being said, they'll get their come uppance against my Longhorns and probably Okiehoma as well, so they aint goin to no national championship which is really all their seaosn is about so in the end their season is just gonna be another failure.

Typical Texan.

Big words, big banners, and big predictions. In my experience, I've found most Texans to be all hat and no cowboy.

October 18th awaits my friend. Show me...

maybe both of you should focus on winning the big 12 first. Last time i checked OU is better than both your teams.

We had a bad fan behind us. He kept standing and blocking a lady's view and cussed her out when she asked him to sit down. A police officer threatened to kick him out if he didn't knock it off. By the way, he was a Husker fan. The Husker who owns that ticket will be notified.

I hope you're kidding. That lady can kiss my a$$. Somebody stood up at a game, what an atrocity. Maybe her stupid a$$ should stay home and watch it on TV. I'm glad he cussed her out, I wish he would have put a little baby powder on his pimp hand and.........

well, you get the idea.

I gave this more thought today as the little fool still irks me. Can I really cheer against the Mizzou Tigers based on one stupid guy?

We do it all the time don't we? I go to Applebee's and have bad service or a bad waiter what do we often say? "I will NEVER eat here again." One person can ruin it for that organization/company/football team. So is it really all the foolish of me? I don't think so.

The Huskers run up the score one time or one fan acts arrogant back in the 90's and suddenly we have generations of fans growing up to hate the Huskers. What? Base your entire feelings based on one instance? Sure. We do it all the time.

This kid just flat ruined Mizzou football for me.

I'm sure two years from now I'll sit in Memorial Stadium and I'll have a class Mizzou fan sitting by me and I'll cheer for them to do well but as for now... Go Cowboys.

I wish I could carry a blow gun with tranq darts to games, and just slowly pick off the duchebags.

Funny..

I sometimes feel like mounting a paintgun under my car to "mark" people that drive under 80mph or talk on the phone while driving...Not using turn signals...or just general "DITWADS"

Wasn't that a Z-92 bumper sticker back in the late 80's?

Something about "Driving In Traffic Without Adequate Driving Skeels"..

I hope you're kidding. That lady can kiss my a$$. Somebody stood up at a game, what an atrocity. Maybe her stupid a$$ should stay home and watch it on TV. I'm glad he cussed her out, I wish he would have put a little baby powder on his pimp hand and.........

well, you get the idea.

Dude, were you there? Don't say stuff you don't know what you are talking about. The fan didn't just stand up to cheer the team on, like other fans. He was standing all the time and bumping into my buddy next to me. There was a lot more to it. Don't make judgements without knowing what you are saying. Don't you think you should be respectful to other fans?

To base your feelings for an entire team/fan base over one jackass is almost as stupid as the fan you are talking about.

Yeah, it is stupid. However, your QB did the same exact thing. One player allegedly spit in his face and the whole Nebraska team is dirty.

Sweeping generalizations suck, don't they?

I can't stand people who talk crap about the other team, and argue that they are only cheering for theirs. If I was there I would have punched that a-hole in the face! Nothing against Mizzou fans from me....I don't care what team the fan was there to see. You don't go into somebody's house and start talking s**t about their friends and family. :box