Back in 2004 i picked up Ncaa Football 2004 for playstation 2. Its been a good game but when the 2005 came out i got it and played it but kept 2004. I didnt like the way 2005 played so i sold it and waited until i got 2006. Well id idnt like that either so ive had this game for a while now and i was wondering if anyone else on here has the newer versions and how do they compare to this one. For me, im used to the play calling and the controls on this so its hard to let it go. Plus ive gotten coach of the year many many times and nebraska has been national champs for 6 years running lol. Just curious if any of you have a good time with any of the newer games.

Ben

personally, i like 09 a lot better than the past 4 or so years... i never owned 06 or o7, but played them both, i think this is the best one ive played... i too played 04 for quite a long time, but everything you can do with 09 i just love... plus the juke isn't so exaggerated anymore, de's can now catch pat white and other fast qb's when they scramble, fumbles aren't near as bad, and neither are ints.... passing is pretty easy, but i'll take that over other problems that have been in the game over the years any day of the week...

oh, and in 09, after playing with nebraska for a few years, i decided to make my normal dynasty w/ a crappy team.... this time i'm middle tennessee state... replaced vandy in the SEC and perennial top 10 team from tennessee in 2013 :)

I just dont know if i can let it go. I dont want to spend money i dont have on a game i wont like i guess. I understand that the ps2 is a dying icon so ill probally upgrade to ps3 or 360 one of these years but just some things you cant let go. I even have NHL 2001 because i didnt like the game play on some of the other new ones. I would rather have a game im used to and have fun with. I duno maybe ill try to rent it to see if i like it.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

Until the new 09 version I never noticed alot of differences in the previous NCAA games, there was some minor tweaks here and there but for the most part it played the same.

I don't like the 09 version, I can't run the option, my QB's throw tons of INT's, and the play seems slow.

My IB gets stuffed 75% of the time in the backfield, and the QB can't hardly get out from underneath the center on the option.

Until the new 09 version I never noticed alot of differences in the previous NCAA games, there was some minor tweaks here and there but for the most part it played the same.

I don't like the 09 version, I can't run the option, my QB's throw tons of INT's, and the play seems slow.

My IB gets stuffed 75% of the time in the backfield, and the QB can't hardly get out from underneath the center on the option.

I agree with you here a little bit. Seems like they made it a little TOO realistic/hard. Especially when it comes to running the ball. I do enjoy the challenge though :box

The other thing about NCAA 09 is the recruiting, I personally don't like it, but there are some kids on my floor that ONLY recruit..

• 3 weeks later...