Take it to the bank

dbetz23

Amazing how one close game makes you forget performances in previous games doesn't it?!?!? Still think we'll be fortunate to be 6-6. The penalties and the (sorry Ganz) bonehead plays during crunch time are going to be an issue all season long. Those just don't disappear.

the thing is aside from OU and perhaps KU who do we play that is even remotely close to the level of our last 3 opponents? and KU is probably at VTechs level but not MU or Ttech. I think 5-1 is clearly wishful thinking, but lucky to get to 6-6 is pretty pessimistic. we SHOULD handle baylor, ISU and k-state without a problem... and I will be very disappointed with a loss to a very mediocre CU team that we get at lincoln

Mel:

Both Baylor and K-State will be a problem. Both can score. Both are dynamic. Both are fast. No.... those games are winnable to be sure and are also quite losable too. Toss ups. The only game that is not a toss up is Oklahoma (going the wrong way) and maybe Iowa State --- but that is on the road and that game could be tough (maybe not... but we have to play well to win there too).

sure I dont think there is a game left that if we lost it would be a major upset. I guess I should explain my rational better on my prediction though. imo if both teams play to ability we should win the ISU, Baylor and Ksu games somewhat(more than 1 score) comfortably. to me us and CU are about even so I give us the nod just do to homefield. the KU game will require us to play above our heads of them under normal level to win. ou will take more than that. and of course the x factor here is I think teams will improve or get worse as the season goes on. I expect to be a better team every week. I could see both CU and KSU being mentally beat down by the time those games roll around do to a tough schedule. we shall see.... this is why predicting ahead of time is really just guessing.

We will beat Iowa State by 21 points

We will beat Baylor by 13 points

We will get beat by OU by 10 points

We will beat Kansas State by 21 points

We will beat Colorado by 10 points

We will beat Iowa in the Alamo Bowl by 17 points

THIS KOOL-AID TASTES GOOD!!!

What about Kansas?

Opps forgot about that one.....anyways we will beat them by 3 in a close, close game.

What about Kansas?

Opps forgot about that one.....anyways we will beat them by 3 in a close, close game.

Yes! :horns2

I agree with everything u just said...

except instead of Iowa, we will playing Minnesota in the Alamo Bowl.

I think it's doable. However, Ganz really needs to stop making those bonehead decisions if we are to go 5-1. When the stakes get high, we can't seem to shake it out.

Ganz? He was trying to throw the ball away, got hit when he was trying to do so, his arm didn't follow through, so he threw right to a Tech player. We would not have even gotten to that point if it wasn't for Ganz.

I just find it funny that the defense made so many mistakes that cost us and you say that Ganz needs to improve. That may be so, but if we are going to go 5-1, the defense will have to actually start playing defense. It may not have looked bad on Saturday, but that's because Nebraska's offense (lead by Ganz) kept them off the field. While they were on the field, they did the same crap that they have been doing every week: enormous blown coverages, no pressure by the d-line, poor tackling, and missed opportunities. Sorry, those are WAY more costly than anything Ganz has ever done...

All I can speak for is what the numbers say. Show me a win against a ranked team with a convincing win before and/or after...then I'll believe that things are 'on track'. Was it on here or somewhere else I heard/read that DUKE is the only other BCS conference team to lose to more ranked opponents than us since '01? (Or some disgusting stat like that...)

I would say loosing in over time against the number 7 team in the nation and having ball controll for the vast majority of the game speaks volumes. Yes we did loose but a dam respectable loss. (if there is such a thing) We are making improvements and to think we should beat top 25 teams by 21 or more points is, I think, is very optomistic. Think back to last year.... I have no question in my mind we are "on track". We are not going from the dark days of last year to a national contender this year. That is just not realistic. And as far as the stat dating back to 01? This is a new team, attitude and effort wise, with a much better coaching staff. I don't think those numbers really mean anything at all. Hell, we had one of the worst college coaches of all time, if not the worst. Different game different day.

All I can speak for is what the numbers say. Show me a win against a ranked team with a convincing win before and/or after...then I'll believe that things are 'on track'. Was it on here or somewhere else I heard/read that DUKE is the only other BCS conference team to lose to more ranked opponents than us since '01? (Or some disgusting stat like that...)

I would say loosing in over time against the number 7 team in the nation and having ball controll for the vast majority of the game speaks volumes. Yes we did loose but a dam respectable loss. (if there is such a thing) We are making improvements and to think we should beat top 25 teams by 21 or more points is, I think, is very optomistic. Think back to last year.... I have no question in my mind we are "on track". We are not going from the dark days of last year to a national contender this year. That is just not realistic. And as far as the stat dating back to 01? This is a new team, attitude and effort wise, with a much better coaching staff. I don't think those numbers really mean anything at all. Hell, we had one of the worst college coaches of all time, if not the worst. Different game different day.

That's fine. Being 'on track' is great. But like I said. Show me a win. A 'respectable loss' is still a loss, and a 'moral victory' doesn't go down as a W. This team has had 2 'good' games this year out of 6...and the penalties and dumb mistakes have been constant in all 6. Win games and play consistantly and then I'll think we are 'on track'.

8 and 4 has historically been a record that gets you in the Alamo bowl.

San Antone over the holidays would be EXCELLENT!

then the Iowa fans might shut their mouths.......................

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

about as likely to happen as nu fans or ku fans or any other fanbase shutting their mouths....

NOT!!

OH, it would be awesome if NU and IOWA met in a bowl :)

GO BO!!! just not this week... you can take this one off.

8 and 4 has historically been a record that gets you in the Alamo bowl.

San Antone over the holidays would be EXCELLENT!

then the Iowa fans might shut their mouths.......................

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

about as likely to happen as nu fans or ku fans or any other fanbase shutting their mouths....

NOT!!

OH, it would be awesome if NU and IOWA met in a bowl :)

GO BO!!! just not this week... you can take this one off.

True...........

We'll need to get off the officiating sh*tlist. Hard to win close ones when you can't buy a call.

Oh no! ESPN hates us and we are being blackballed by the officials? We are screwed!!! Maybe Dr. Tom can slip them a little money under the table to fix that. If not he can order a mob hit.

We'll need to get off the officiating sh*tlist. Hard to win close ones when you can't buy a call.

Oh no! ESPN hates us and we are being blackballed by the officials? We are screwed!!! Maybe Dr. Tom can slip them a little money under the table to fix that. If not he can order a mob hit.

For the right amount I can take the guy out holding the marker this weekend. <_< I heard he's slow...........