Oh the irony

TheKiD

In 2005 vs Texas Tech: Nebraska had the game-winning interception stripped.

In 2008 vs Texas Tech: Tech grabbed the game-winning interception and promptly jumped out of bounds.

Not much to discuss here except both games: '05 and '08 basically ended on interceptions (yeah I know tech had to convert a 4th down to win in 05)... NU in '05 blew it, Tech in '08 did not.

well.... the personnel that came up with the INT was different, no? i guess i was too depressed after the one this weekend to pay attention to WHO it was, and i had to go to work since i was already 30 minutes late.... but i didn't think it was a defensive lineman? which the thought process is different... excusable? no. but whats done is done. its over with.. time to go play well against ISU.

In 2005 vs Texas Tech: Nebraska had the game-winning interception stripped.

In 2008 vs Texas Tech: Tech grabbed the game-winning interception and promptly jumped out of bounds.

Not much to discuss here except both games: '05 and '08 basically ended on interceptions (yeah I know tech had to convert a 4th down to win in 05)... NU in '05 blew it, Tech in '08 did not.

we have really had some heartbreaking losses to texas and texas tech over the last few years :ahhhhhhhh

I was at that game. Immediately after the INT I fell over the seat I was in jumping up and down cheering. Then me and my buddy came to our senses to watch the Huskers run the clock out only to see TT lining up with the ball again.

LeKevin Smith is a name that lives in infamy for diehards. FALL DOWN!!!!!!!! F&^*!!

The only other game that compares to the heartbreak was Texas in 02 when Grixby takes the punt deep into Texas territory and all that we need is a FG to send it to OT and F'n Jamaal Lord chucks an INT to clinch the L.

Fundamentals. Say that over and over again and maybe we'll eventually get them right. We as Husker fans don't ask for much. A hard days work and a winning football team. We're on the path back to having both of them again. GBR!

NU 37 :restore

ISU 17

I was at that game. Immediately after the INT I fell over the seat I was in jumping up and down cheering. Then me and my buddy came to our senses to watch the Huskers run the clock out only to see TT lining up with the ball again.

LeKevin Smith is a name that lives in infamy for diehards. FALL DOWN!!!!!!!! F&^*!!

The only other game that compares to the heartbreak was Texas in 02 when Grixby takes the punt deep into Texas territory and all that we need is a FG to send it to OT and F'n Jamaal Lord chucks an INT to clinch the L.

Fundamentals. Say that over and over again and maybe we'll eventually get them right. We as Husker fans don't ask for much. A hard days work and a winning football team. We're on the path back to having both of them again. GBR!

NU 37 :restore

ISU 17

Groce maybe?

This it the corner that NU needs to turn before we are a top team again. There have been so many close games against good teams since Callahan came here. We haven't been able to close out any of them really (outside of the Alamo bowl against Mich.)

2004:

No ranked opposition except 30-3 loss against OU

2005:

(15) TTech 31-34 ... we all know what happened there

(NR) OU 24-31 ... close loss, we all remember the calls

2006:

(5)Texas 20-22 ... again we all remember it

(10)Auburn 14-17 ... once again

2007:

(17)Texas 25-28 ... another heartbreaker

To turn the corner we have to consistently win these kinds of games. Right now we haven't won ANY of them. In fact, you have to go back to 2001 to find a win against a top 15 team.

We HAVE to turn this corner. We have to be able to close out these close games, and since 2001 we have not. at. all. I hope BO can turn the corner and turn it quick. I think all we really need is to win one of them and we'll come around.. (16/15)KU or (4/6)OU are our last chances for this year.

It would be HUGE if KU came in ranked somewhere between 10-15 and we beat them. It would be the first top-15 win since 2001, and could give us a 8-4 season, which would be pretty good in my book.

BUT, how about we thrash ISU first.