are we behind compared to previous years

I think it's been relatively slow right now, but theres not a lot of our prospects committing to other places so thats a good thing.

I think the biggest difference is in years past we would get people when they are on their "Visit High" and willing to commit easily, where as now Bo is honest with them and tells them to take their time and not pressure them. It sucks because were not racking in the recruits, but I would hope once they do commit we won't have a lot of decommits.

Well... we could be KState and have... wait for it...

5 commits.

Probably a little slower because of the new staff. And I'm guessing that recruiting is not a priority with it it being the middle of the season.

Are all the juco players taken already?? Well at least they got 5..

Well... we could be KState and have... wait for it...

5 commits.

Probably a little slower because of the new staff. And I'm guessing that recruiting is not a priority with it it being the middle of the season.

Are all the juco players taken already?? Well at least they got 5..

Best recruitment tool is doing well on the field, I think Bo's working on his recruitment most during the season as a result.

in terms of recruiting? it seems like things have been really slow as of late. as that normal?

Hard to say since we don't know who will actually sign. If Nebraska goes 3-3 down the stretch, what will happen? Another factor is class size which can vary quite a bit.

Scout shows only 10 committed at this point last year who actually signed. Of course we know, quite a few had committed and then de-committed. So what about prior years?

Class year, # Commits by October 14th (who actually signed)

2008 10

2007 10

2006 8

2005 12

2004 5

2003 7

2002 8? several commits do not have a date

It looks like during Callahan's years, lots of commits (who actually signed) came in December and January. Since a lot of the guys getting offers are playing for pretty good teams and probably concentrating on making their Senior season particularly memorable, recruiting is taking a back seat. There are certainly quite a few prospects who are planning the bulk of their visits after their football season.

So is Nebraska particularly slow in September and October of this year? Looks like several players (who actually signed) historically committed during that period (including Q and Helu).

So while Nebraska does not appear to be behind, this past month or two has been slow. As some have mentioned, I think the factor here is the staff telling kids who have a little doubt not to commit and to take all of their visits so there are no disappointments on signing day.

• 3 weeks later...